If 'Law & Order: Miami' is the Deal

jmortonloci

[1]Jan 10, 2011
    • level: 4

I know people have likely heard the rumors ofthis since September 2010. Some people have made valid points. The Hollywood Entertainment News Blog has. That rumors is: "Law & Order: Miami" is the next "Law & Order: Criminal Intent", likely a more comedic yet dramatic version of the series fit for theUSA Network.

http://hollywoodentertainmentnews.wordpress.com/2011/01/03/if-law-order-miami-is-the-deal/

I'm going to paste some key points that they made. Honestly the show is a good idea to me if it's on USA Network. We don't need crowding on NBC again. (It's why "LOCI" moved to USA in first place).

From the jump, it's [the pilot] supposed to spin from Law & Order: Criminal Intent (which is ending in 2011 on USA Network).

'Criminal Intent' arethe operative words. We should keep in mind D'Onofrio/Erbe (even Noth)appearances.

The series needs to maintain it's way of the character's driving the story.

"LOCI" from seasons [1]5-7... the stories had more life (and death) from those seasons.

The show needs some good show runners (with a good backup team of writers).

Matt Nix ("Burn Notice")is often rumored to be one of the show runners -- or the developer. Keep Walon Green away from this. I think Vincent D'Onofrio should be producer or even an executive producer on it.

The Location should be MIAMI NOT LOS ANGELES!

"CSI: Miami" is taped in Los Angeles to look like Miami. Dick Wolf would have something if he filmed "Law & Order: Miami"IN Miami as he did with "Miami Vice" and Matt Nix with "Burn Notice".

Bring in an assistant district attorney (in Florida they are assistant state attorneys).

I missed the 'glory' days on CI with Courtney B. Vance.

Also a full-length opening sequence

"Law & Order: Los Angeles" doesn't have a full opening sequence - if this becomes a series, itdoesn't need to make the same mistake twice.

This series ("Law & Order: Miami") could only survive IF: it uses occassional comic elements, hire an ensemble cast that have good acting, plus character-driven plots. Basically written in the light style as the original "Law & Order" in it's first thru third seasons and "Burn Notice".

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.