TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

"Rispetto" Official Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

layle1

[1]May 1, 2011
    • level: 72
    Please use this thread for all discussion of the episode, "Rispetto."
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

blanchfury

[2]May 1, 2011
    • level: 5
    Hmmm...the new captain was in a previous episode playing the bad guy. The episode "Dead" from season 2. Cool!

tuckgraph

[3]May 2, 2011
    • level: 19

Did I miss the scene or scenes where they addressed why Goren and Eames are back on the job? I started watching from what I thought was the beginning. "These are their stories..." It's like they never left the force. But they did. Did they have a reconciliation, and I missed it?

I was looking forward to a hug from Eames.

layle1

[4]May 2, 2011
    • level: 72
    It will be explained in next week's episode, which was supposed to be the season premiere.

Jack146

[5]May 2, 2011
    • level: 11

layle1 wrote:
    It will be explained in next week's episode, which was supposed to be the season premiere.

Glad to see Goren and Eames back but the "Series Finale" looked as FINALE as you can get. It will be interesting to see how this is explained.

I guess they wanted to get this Charlie Sheen episode aired before Sheen completes his own self destruction path.

dad1153

[6]May 2, 2011

It was awkward to have Eames, Goren and a new captain interacting like if nothing had happened. But that's Dick Wolf and his ripped-from-the-headlines storytelling mode. I actually enjoyed 'Rispetto' as a typical "CI" episode. When Goren pretended to be the representative from Armani and played the gayness up I was laughing out loud; loved that, rather than acting casual, the show left in Erbe's and D'Onofrio's amused reactions. Jay O. Sanders has appeared multiple times on every "L&O" show (mothership and the spinoffs) so it's nice to see him step up to regular in "CI." Curious why he didn't make the opening credits and 'WALK' final shot (now just Goren & Eames), guess that way they can keep his salary low and not have to pay him a regular cast member salary.

BTW, Dick Wolf is telling any reporter that will listen that he wants "CI" back for another season but USA needs to be convinced there's an audience and that the ratings have to go up for them to be convinced:Link. D'Onofrio has also said he'd like "CI" to come back and doesn't think this final 8 will be the last:Link.

danharr

[7]May 2, 2011
    • level: 45

Typical show fare although Goren isn't as eclectic as he was perhaps next week that'll be explained along with why he and Eames are back. All in all not a bad take on the Charlie Sheen thing it too a while but Jay Mohr was doing well by the time he was killed.

merry12

[8]May 2, 2011
    • level: 1

Is there a reason why some of us who didn't get to see the 1st episode last night of Law and Order CI ? Can't we watch the full episodes online? or does it take awhile for the 1st episode to come . Meredith Brown. Mab130@yahoo.com Thank you .

dad1153

[9]May 2, 2011

"CI" season premiere ratings through the roof, up 48% from Season 9: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=20384314#post20384314

junk1958

[10]May 2, 2011

I really liked the show last night, except I found the choice for the new Lieutenant very odd. Sanders has been a bad guy in so many L&O/LOCI/etc that I had a really hard time getting past that.

I wonder if he wasn't shown on "the walk" because they are not sure he will be accepted and stay or not. Although he is a very good actor; one of the two truly scary perps in the L&O franchise (the other being Michael Gross). I am watching LOCI "Dead" literally as I write this and Sanders is one scary dude.

Or maybe in the walk, they are just show-casing Goren and Eames, since that is who everyone wants to see. I particularly noticed Eames' big smile during "the walk".

It was great they used earlier theme music. Definitely a retro stmt vs the theme music from the Goldblum days.

Agree they probably jumped in with the Charlie Sheen episode right away because who knows what the story will be with Sheen from day to day. But I will be interested to see how they plan to pick up from the end of last season.

Awesome work, and I hope this is just the beginning of another 9 yr run.

sspace001

[11]May 2, 2011

Anyone know who played the long haired son of the Brites in the "Rispetto" episode of Law of Order: Criminal Intent? Thanks, I know I have that young man somewhere before.

pgsuperfan

[12]May 2, 2011
    • level: 25

Glad they are back !!!

haldrey

[13]May 2, 2011
    • level: 22
    After almost two years finally a fantastic episode, I do not count the Jeff Goldblum season, that was almost a complete loss. Goren and Eames still have it and if the show does well even on a Sunday they might consider another season.

dad1153

[14]May 3, 2011

Final ratings are in: "Law & Order: CI" was the HIGHEST-RATED SHOW ON CABLE SUNDAY NIGHT IN TOTAL VIEWERS AND THE 18-49 DEMO(bigger than "Game of Thrones," "In Plain Sight," breaking news on cable of the Bin Laden death, etc.): http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=20390102#post20390102.

Also:

Law & Order: Criminal Intent (USA, Sunday)
    - 5.102 million viewers
    - 3.4/5 HH
    - 1.4/4 A18-49

Law & Order: Los Angeles (NBC, Monday)
    - 4.852 million viewers
    - 3.3/5 HH
    - 1.4/4 A18-49

Looking good! Cool

Edited on 05/03/2011 7:07pm

sspace001

[15]May 4, 2011
    I finally figured it out. The boy who played Tyler Brite is Daniel Flaherty. He play Stanley on Skins

VConn

[16]May 4, 2011
    • level: 17

Jack146 wrote:

layle1 wrote:

Glad to see Goren and Eames back but the "Series Finale" looked as FINALE as you can get. It will be interesting to see how this is explained.

I guess they wanted to get this Charlie Sheen episode aired before Sheen completes his own self destruction path.

I thought next week's was supposed to be the premiere so I think I'll wait for it before I watch this one, Stupid Dick Wolf showing this without explaining how\why they came back.

bluejayfusion

[17]May 8, 2011
    • level: 16

Dude.... just be happy they're back.

I didn't need an explanation up front- I was grateful to see the Criminal Intent that I remember.