(SPOILERS) Chris Noth is leaving, Goldblum is taking the Raines?

parallax207

[1]Jun 26, 2008
    • level: 15
    So according to Yahoo news Chris Noth is leaving Law and Order: CI and is being replaced by Jeff Goldblum. I for one and a bit confused, not to mention upset. I love Logan and the fact that he's leaving, again, is disappointing. And, Jeff Goldblum? Couldn't they get someone who's a little more imposing. You can read the whole article here .
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

vdofan1

[2]Jun 26, 2008
    • level: 3

I'm still reeling from the news... I've always like the Logan character and Chris Noth ( even though I haven't felt that either gelled to well with the CI format). I'll miss him.

Not very enthusiastic about reading that Goldblum is steping in, but I'll wait until I see the character before I panic or anything. And that may be awhile - who knows what's going to happen with SAG & AMPTP. Season 8 could be a long way off.

layle1

[3]Jun 26, 2008
    • level: 72
    Thanks for the quick post!

Here's the Variety article that confirms yahoo, and says all the cast are still in negotiations for next season:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117988130.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

mannie319

[4]Jun 26, 2008
    • level: 7
    I love Logan, he has that forcefulness that all cops have when a criminal gets to them; I will surely miss if him if this is true; aa of Jeff Goldblum, I think he's a guest star for a future episode.

layle1

[5]Jun 26, 2008
    • level: 72
    It was an official announcement by a USA Exec VP and Dick Wolf. Goldblum is added as a regular, though as yet unnamed, cast member.

THEJELLYBEAN66

[6]Jun 26, 2008
    • level: 17
    This is awful. I'm losing Mike Logan yet again. He used to be the reason I watched the original at all! I was so glad when he came back...by the time he did, VDO had replaced him as my favorite...to have them both on the same show...I was in heaven!!! Now, I have to deal with him being replaced by JEFF GOLDBLUM? Say it ain't so!!! I'm pretty close to making L&O:CI a show I watch every other week...this suks.

pgsuperfan

[7]Jun 26, 2008
    • level: 25
    Say it ain't so Logan please stay love the character as for his replaxement Is he the best choice ?

tuckgraph

[8]Jun 26, 2008
    • level: 19
    I applaud the decision. Logan didn't fit in the format for me. The writers had to write around his character, play to his strengths. Goldblum, like Noth, pretty much plays himself in a way. I liked Raines, but it wasn't must see. The writers really could develop a decent character for Goldblum. This is a challenge for the writers. If they come through, Jeff will too.

mariska143

[9]Jun 27, 2008
    • level: 16
    I'm pretty sad. I really liked Logan, on the Mothership and here. It seemed like nobody wanted him here, so I don't really blame him for leaving. The team that wrote the Logan episodes didn't seem to care one way or the other how well the episodes were written (except Senseless, which was truly exemplary). I felt he was terribly underused and never given a chance, and unfortunately received a lot of unearned hate from those who never watched him cause he wasn't Goren. People always seemed to forget that because Noth joined the show, we still HAVE show. Vincent wasn't able to handle it. And now he says he'll stay around as long as there's a LOCI. Which makes me happy I just think Noth is quite the unsung hero in all this- always receiving so much criticism for stepping in and letting VDO stick around as well. He'll be missed. Reserving judgment on Goldblum's character- but I can't stand the actor. Maybe he'll do a fantastic job and I'll change my mind!

TaiKamiya

[10]Jun 27, 2008

Oh man I for one am VERY excited. I've never been a big fan of Noth on L&O and definitely not here on CI. I liked his guest appearance and I take his presence as necessary to keep VDO working but I just never felt his style and CI meshed well. Logan is really one dimensional, and everyone knows that, especially the writers who had to keep changing his partners and use special guest celebrities to get people to watch the Logan half of CI.

Jeff Goldblum is a great actor, and I look forward to seeing what he and the writers bring to the table with this. I doubt anyone will be disappointed. Great play on words for the title by the way, lol.

LordYoshi

[11]Jun 27, 2008
    • level: 15
    NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Logan is the best character between all the Law & Orders. This is horrible news.

TesserT

[12]Jun 27, 2008
    • level: 81

I'm a big fan of Noth on CI & I'm not a fan of Goldblum as an actor. That said, I'll give Goldblum a chance but I will miss Noth's character. I guess if I end up not being able to stand Goldblum I'll just watch every other ep.

E!Online (Jun 26): "Noth, who perhaps became a little too Big for the badge, is still shooting episodes for the series' ongoing seventh season, so it's currently unclear how Detective Mike Logan will be making his second exit from the ever-evolving franchise."

Avivaldi72

[13]Jun 27, 2008
    • level: 12
    NOT HAPPY about this. Not. At. All.

NotAmerican

[14]Jun 28, 2008
    • level: 8

"Vincent wasn't able to handle it. And now he says he'll stay around as long as there's a LOCI." (From previous post)

But according to news posted today on this very site: "Variety also reports that Criminal Intent producers are still trying to work out a deal to retain Vincent D'Onofrio, who plays Detective Robert Goren."

So we might have a Season 8 of CI with NO Noth *OR* D'Onofrio! Hopefully, if that (REALLY unfortunatly) happens, they'll scrap the show rather than be like L&O Prime and just bring on new cast members altogether for Season 8.

Besides, didn't I read somewhere on this site that Noth is moving to SVU to be re-teamed up with his old captain? But yeah, if Noth REALLY wants to be off of L&O altogether he can "float around" for another few years until he realizes he's typecast as Det. Logan. I mean seriously, other than playing Mr. Big on Sex & The City, what did he do between Prime and CI?

-ak

RunawayRoadkill

[15]Jun 28, 2008

OH HALLELUJAH. Det. Logan was such a boring generic character. Hopefully Goldblum will be much more interesting, he is a fantastic actor that guy we should be thankful to have him on the show.

I have no love for Chris Noth whatsoever whenever he was on screen I felt as though I was watching just plain old Law and Order, I dont know about you guys but Ive always watched Criminal Intent for the psychology and Noth just face-punched that all away.

Oh this is brilliant, you guys dont seem to get it at all.

NotAmerican

[16]Jun 28, 2008
    • level: 8
    RunawayRoadkill wrote:

OH HALLELUJAH. Det. Logan was such a boring generic character. Hopefully Goldblum will be much more interesting, he is a fantastic actor that guy we should be thankful to have him on the show.

I have no love for Chris Noth whatsoever whenever he was on screen I felt as though I was watching just plain old Law and Order, I dont know about you guys but Ive always watched Criminal Intent for the psychology and Noth just face-punched that all away.

...and you figure Goldblum will STOP face-punching everything?

Besides, wasn't Goldblum just on a detective show a year ago on NBC itself that was really stupid and only lasted, like, 3 episodes? You know, the one this topic is named after? What made someone at the network think "Well, Jeff didn't really work out as a detective...so how about we cast him as a...DETECTIVE!?!"

-ak

mariska143

[17]Jun 28, 2008
    NotAmerican wrote:

"Vincent wasn't able to handle it. And now he says he'll stay around as long as there's a LOCI." (From previous post)

But according to news posted today on this very site: "Variety also reports that Criminal Intent producers are still trying to work out a deal to retain Vincent D'Onofrio, who plays Detective Robert Goren."

So we might have a Season 8 of CI with NO Noth *OR* D'Onofrio! Hopefully, if that (REALLY unfortunatly) happens, they'll scrap the show rather than be like L&O Prime and just bring on new cast members altogether for Season 8.

Besides, didn't I read somewhere on this site that Noth is moving to SVU to be re-teamed up with his old captain? But yeah, if Noth REALLY wants to be off of L&O altogether he can "float around" for another few years until he realizes he's typecast as Det. Logan. I mean seriously, other than playing Mr. Big on Sex & The City, what did he do between Prime and CI?

-ak

True, but that's probably because EVERYONE'S contracts are up in two days, so they're probably negotiating with everyone.

That bit about Noth moving to SVU was pure speculation of a possibility, based on Fin (from SVU)'s "transfer" request, and rumors that Noth was leaving CI. Noth is leaving Law and Order. And Ice-T has (I believe) been spotted filming, as well as Neal Baer saying "everyone" was coming back.

mariska143

[18]Jun 28, 2008
    RunawayRoadkill wrote:

What do you mean?

bob07087

[19]Jun 28, 2008
    • level: 19
    I liked logan in both series. Chris was quoted as saying he felt the charctyer had run its course.

Stardust18

[20]Jun 29, 2008
    • level: 4
    I'm so sad to hear Chris North is leaving! Although i have only recently started watching CI, I have really come to love Logan. I was so excited that Wheeler was back... unforunately, now we lose Logan! I'm not looking forward to his replacement...i am hoping to be pleasantly suprised, but i'm not holding my breath. What is up with characters leaving my fave shows??? Has anyone heard when and/or how Logan will be written off?