The Last Season

Izzi617

[1]Nov 4, 2010
    • level: 2

Well, here it is. The final chapter of Law & Order Criminal Intent. WHat i liked most about this series was watching it alongside other Law & Order series, Law & Order and Law & Order Special VIctims Unit. I didn't like to move to USA, because some of the "Criminal's point of views" were filled with sex or drama for the cable audiences in the later seasons. And i was most disapointed when Chris Noth left. First JEsse Martin, then Diane NEal and then Chris. Thoug i have not seen probably half of the 8th season, i did find episodes i did not like. such as Major Case, in which a forensic scientist kills a female drug dealer he was lusting. THe cold opening went agianst everything Criminal INtent stands for. we should FIND the killer, not just let the Detectives find him. The suspense is gone and the episode is now about Nichols PROVING Henry is the suspect.

Also, it is a shame that a crossover, like the ones with L&O and Homicide, or L&O and SVU may never occur for CI & SVU. Is it possible to believe that in a city such as New York, the chances of these characters crossing paths is less likely to happen? Are the chances for a case reuniting Cragen and Logan less likely than a case involving Detectives from Baltimore and LA. Perhaps. At least we have Goren and Eames. And lets hope that Rene Balcer decides to take over for this season. And also, let's hope thefinal episode of Law & Order Criminal Intent will be as exciting to watch as the final episode of Law & Order and Iwish the same for Law & Order Special Victims Unit. And if there is a chance, let the door close on this franchise with a film. ATV movie? Sure. Let us say farewell to this seires as a whole. And Lastly:

Should Chris Noth come back?

Should there be a crossover with SVU?

Should there be a TV movie or movie with the characters of all three series?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HelloStuart

[2]Nov 5, 2010
    • level: 63
    This is it? CI had a good run while it lasted, though the jump from NBC to basic cable was probably the first nail in the coffin.

bluejayfusion

[3]Nov 15, 2010
    • level: 16

I have to disagree- I thought Major Case was one of the better recent episodes because it was so different. It was also the only episode I thought Jeff Goldblum really shined in. He was no Goren, that's for sure.

I think bringing D'Onofrio back for the final season is their best decision in a long time. Criminal Intent has been dying a slow death but with D'Onofio back on board, at least it will go out with some dignity and style.

lynna12000

[4]Nov 19, 2010
    • level: 21
    bluejayfusion wrote:

I have to disagree- I thought Major Case was one of the better recent episodes because it was so different. It was also the only episode I thought Jeff Goldblum really shined in. He was no Goren, that's for sure.

I think bringing D'Onofrio back for the final season is their best decision in a long time. Criminal Intent has been dying a slow death but with D'Onofio back on board, at least it will go out with some dignity and style.

I agree, the show does deserve to go out in style. Goldblum is a good actor. Drama is just not his forte.

I'm just curious as to how they are going to bring back Goren and Eames. We know he was fired, but we never actually received confirmation that she quit. It's entirely possible they may have talked her into transferring to another precinct. So where have they been, and what have they been doing?

DebraMcClure

[5]Jan 15, 2011
    • level: 17

I read on http://www.tvseriesfinale.com that USA picked up an additional 8 episodes of Criminal Intent - While Jeff Goldblum has left the series, fans will be glad to hear that Vincent D'Onofrio will return as Det. Goren during this mini-season.

dad1153

[6]Feb 3, 2011
    • level: 11

The final eight "CI" episodes premiere on USA MAY 1st.

TinaMcCartyb

[7]Mar 30, 2011
    • level: 1

I am really going to miss this show. This was my favorite of the Law and Order series.

cross_mr

[8]May 16, 2011
    • level: 9
    Yeah it's really too bad. I'm a huge D'Onofrio fan..