Law & Order: Criminal Intent

Rock Star

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Apr 26, 2009 on USA

7.9
  • A musician is found stabbed to death in a neighborhood with varying ethnic groups. Another musician then falls to his death down an elevator in the same building where the first person lived. Det. Wheeler and her new partner Det. Nichols are called in.

This is the much anticipated first Jeff Goldblum as Zach Nichols episode. Jeff Goldblum plays Detective Zach Nichols who has been on leave for seven years from police work. As his ex-partner and now Captain Ross says when Wheeler asks where Nichol's has been he replies, "he sent me a postcard from Cleveland once." Nichols is a strange bird in sort of the same way D'Onofrio is as Goren. Both of Nichols parents were Psychologists so that is suppose to explain his behavior.

I am a huge Goldblum fan from Into the Night to Raines. So I may be a little biased, but even I think this first episode was a little strange. We had a pretty good idea who the main suspects were about a quarter of the way through the episode, but other then the Bed Bugs bit(which was pretty cool by the way) we were scrambling right until the end. They do this with Goren sometimes and depending on the situation it leaves you feeling energized or like something was missing. Unfortunately I felt a little the second way with this episode. Nichol's even admits at the end to Wheeler he wasn't sure which of the two suspects was the murderer, but he was just playing to see who he could catch sort off.

Maybe it was because they were both guilty?

Anyways, I enjoyed this first episode with Goldblum. I think he and Julianne Nicholson will be good together. I was a little suspect of that as well. I think as long as they keep her character acting a little suspect of him and he keeps being oblivious it could work out quite well. Sort of like an early pairing of Goren and Eames before she really trusted and enjoyed his antics.

I almost wish that this show was on twice a week so I could see both pairings each week. This should be a great season of L&O: CI and I will look forward to every episode now with both sets of actors.

Thanks for reading...