Law & Order: Criminal Intent

Seizure

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Mar 31, 2002 on USA

• A women commits a murder to get approval from her lover and to prove she could do it. The major caveat was that it was an identical murder to five serial murders the prior years and the killer is currently behind bars.

All of this carnage over a research study. Killings have happened for less than this in the past. This is a true tale of manipulation by a number of people over one person and each other.

Dr. Buckman who's theory was obviously flawed was concerned with losing his funding as well as having his theory disproved. The serial killer was making a case for the fact he was still incarcerated and another killing took place. Dr. Barnes was manipulated by not only the serial killer but by her own colleague and former lover. I found the episode interesting but in the end I'm not sure how you would go about prosecuting this. What a mess. Of course that is not our concern. I am pretty sure 1 out of 3 of these cases would be thrown out by the time they reach the court systems. In this case you have a bunch of people all rolling on each other and I'm not sure there is that much physical evidence.

A well acted tale and it was interesting to see how and what was going on at the beginning from a psychological standpoint. Sometimes I think they should just call this show Law & Order: Criminal Psychology which is more accurate than Intent in a way. Maybe not as catchy though. Thanks for reading...
MNT