Law & Order: Criminal Intent

Weeping Willow

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Nov 28, 2006 on USA

• Well this actually happened.

3.5
    Well this actually happened by some teens on youtube and now she's (the real girl) an "actress" so I guess it isn't the shows fault if this episode wasn't a fave.
  • It's rare for me to watch this show, I was not sorry that I did.

This is my least favorite of all the Law and Orders, except maybe Trial by Jury. It's good, but not nearly as good as the original show, or Special Victims Unit. I have two main reasons for this feeling. The first is that I like the surprises on the sther shows. Sometimes the detectives and lawyers are wrong. Sometims there is a surprise, a mystery up until the very last second. Since on CI you can see things from the side of the criminal, there is much much less of that. That's one of the good thing about Weeping Willow. Until the very end, you just never knew. You just weren't sure. The other thing is that even though I'm a fan of Vincent D’Onofrio, I dislike the character of Det. Robert Goren. He's too smart, too perfect, he knows too much.

Anyway, I watched Weeping Willow because I'm a huge Michelle Trachtenburg fan. Liked her on Pete and Pete, loved her on Buffy. And loved her in this. It was a creative episode, scary because it could totally happen. Props to Wallace Shawn for an adorable cameo. Good acting and good writing all around.
  • This episode is related to the surge of Internet videos aided by the likes of YouTube, in which anyone can upload practically anything for people all over the world to see. Very well written, suspenseful and the twists worked very well.

I'm not a big fan of Criminal Intent, but this was a pretty good episode. I guess it was eventual that the Law and Order franchise would eventually pick up on the this whole YouTube phenomenon. Of course, the writers took it to the next level by combining how terrorist organizations use Internet videos and how the 'average' user can get their 15 minutes of fame with practically any kind of content. The suspense in this episode wasn't very taut. It was rather ludicrous cause it was just hard to believe how far these young people were willing to go and how caught up and dilussional they were.

The acting was pretty good, also. Maybe I'll tune in next week.
  • LAME LAME LAME!!!!!

2.3
    This had to be the worst episode of any show ever! This was a no brainer from the very beginning. And the ending could have been predicted by a three year old. Did the writing staff take the week off or something? I don't think this show is even trying anymore.
  • god-awful

1.2
    Is there any way i can get my hour back?!?!?! This is the worst episode. It made zero sense. I couldn\\\'t figure out who were the good guys in this and who were the bad guys. Not to mention that it seemed to go back and forth throughout. In addition, there was really no closure to the episode. I think that Goren and Eames would have done better with this episode because Bobby is brilliant and would have been able to solve the crime and get all of the bad guys behind bars. This was also a disappointing performance by Michelle Trachtenberg; she has done better.
  • Law and Order Criminal Intent!

When an online video blogger, WeepingWillow17 is kidnapped while her camera is rolling, the entire world starts watching to see what happens next. There is extreme speculation as to whether or not this is the truth or an internet hoax. Willow starts to beg for her boyfriend Holden's life and ask for the help of the public by downloading her videos in order to make ransom money. Detectives Logan and Wheeler really start to wonder what is going on when a former classmate of Holden's outs them and says that they are con artists.

This was a great episode. It was nice to see one of the Law and Order shows to have a storyline such as this. There have been several stories in the news of online video bloggers who post videos where they are acting. They have passed their videos off as real when they are actually just doing it for fun or even for money. Though I have not heard of any of these bloggers going as far as to pretend a hostage situation such as this, it still makes you a little curious as to why people would even bother.
  • CI mets the ciber world...

It was interesting concept to being the ciber world and web TV into the series. It also gave the crew, with the exception of wheeler because she is so young, into the next generation. I really liked this Logan/Wheeler episode. I loved when Logan teased Wheeler about being the "face" of the NYPD and there was no pressure. Ross was actually pretty decent and open to his crew in this episode which was a nice fresh view of him for change. Rather than Ross biting Logan and Goren's head off and babying Wheeler. I still think Wheeler chartector needs a little help growing up a bit if she is going to be part of Major Case.
    As for the crime etc it was good idea but a bit poorly written because they had to rush the ending and we missed a lot and there was no real court time. And the picture they gave us of the girl wasn't enough of a back round to show her as the brillent one. But over all well done on acting and interesting fresh ideas, I like to see that.
  • A live Youtube killing?

I actually enjoyed this episode quite a bit and it had some really nice twists and turns. I think they played things out a bit too long with the hostage taking but I really enjoyed the question of if the whole thing was real or a hoax. It added a really interesting twist to the entire case. The Larry King interview at the end and the final conclusion was a bit weak for me and it didn't really work for me.... I think leaving things a bit more ambiguous would have been better than sending her off to be a movie star which would be pretty unlikely, but oh well.
  • Interesting, very jumpy

this episode kept me guessing. Who did it, were they really being kidnapped or was it a hoax? I thought it was pretty good, although it might been better. When they had Willow come in and look at her dead boyfriend I knew he wasn't dead. I think this was a very special episode and actually pretty good. Except it was so confusing. First they would think it was real then they'd think they had faked their own kidnapping. She was a weird little person, probably way too neglected. Although the ending was unique, i thought when she was leaving she was going home to her parents, but no she went to be famous.
  • The detectives in the headline-ripping Law & Order: CI, take to the streets of the internet again as they follow a cyber-kidnapping documented on a video sharing website similar to YouTube, called YouLense. Not a bad name. I may register it myself.

The victim is WeepingWillow17, an obvious mimic of the Vlog star LonleyGirl15, and she has quite the plan for the internet community, the press but mostly Detectives Logan and Wheeler. Leaving behind only a trail of IP addresses and video clips a pseudo-ransom is held with the purchasing of downloadable videos starring the internet beauty. But is it a Hoax?

Who cares? There must be an investigation into this potential “cyber-crime scene”. Although the story does collapse due to a weak murder and silly rabbi costume the success of the episode was sold to me with the intense take on the once popular and less deadly internet hoax that happened in real life. Nice take on it writers.

I love how backwards the L&O reality is compared to trilogy-series’ like CSI. In these shows we can expect the expected. The series’ actually gain points for unoriginality and thus it brings me to a prediction. I’m going to forecast an episode (in either of the 3 L&O series’) written around the real murder and cover-up of a former Law & Order guest star’s, Adrienne Shelly. http://www.nypost.com/seven/11072006/news/regionalnews/stars_suicide_was_killer_cover_up_regionalnews_larry_celona__murray_weiss_and_dan_mangan.htm

Unless that’s too evil.

Read this review and others at www.mikeontv.com