Law & Order: Criminal Intent

Weeping Willow

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Nov 28, 2006 on USA

• The detectives in the headline-ripping Law & Order: CI, take to the streets of the internet again as they follow a cyber-kidnapping documented on a video sharing website similar to YouTube, called YouLense. Not a bad name. I may register it myself.

The victim is WeepingWillow17, an obvious mimic of the Vlog star LonleyGirl15, and she has quite the plan for the internet community, the press but mostly Detectives Logan and Wheeler. Leaving behind only a trail of IP addresses and video clips a pseudo-ransom is held with the purchasing of downloadable videos starring the internet beauty. But is it a Hoax?

Who cares? There must be an investigation into this potential “cyber-crime scene”. Although the story does collapse due to a weak murder and silly rabbi costume the success of the episode was sold to me with the intense take on the once popular and less deadly internet hoax that happened in real life. Nice take on it writers.

I love how backwards the L&O reality is compared to trilogy-series’ like CSI. In these shows we can expect the expected. The series’ actually gain points for unoriginality and thus it brings me to a prediction. I’m going to forecast an episode (in either of the 3 L&O series’) written around the real murder and cover-up of a former Law & Order guest star’s, Adrienne Shelly. http://www.nypost.com/seven/11072006/news/regionalnews/stars_suicide_was_killer_cover_up_regionalnews_larry_celona__murray_weiss_and_dan_mangan.htm

Unless that’s too evil.

Read this review and others at www.mikeontv.com