Law & Order: Criminal Intent

Weeping Willow

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Nov 28, 2006 on USA

• It's rare for me to watch this show, I was not sorry that I did.

This is my least favorite of all the Law and Orders, except maybe Trial by Jury. It's good, but not nearly as good as the original show, or Special Victims Unit. I have two main reasons for this feeling. The first is that I like the surprises on the sther shows. Sometimes the detectives and lawyers are wrong. Sometims there is a surprise, a mystery up until the very last second. Since on CI you can see things from the side of the criminal, there is much much less of that. That's one of the good thing about Weeping Willow. Until the very end, you just never knew. You just weren't sure. The other thing is that even though I'm a fan of Vincent D’Onofrio, I dislike the character of Det. Robert Goren. He's too smart, too perfect, he knows too much.

Anyway, I watched Weeping Willow because I'm a huge Michelle Trachtenburg fan. Liked her on Pete and Pete, loved her on Buffy. And loved her in this. It was a creative episode, scary because it could totally happen. Props to Wallace Shawn for an adorable cameo. Good acting and good writing all around.