Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

Ace

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM May 05, 2010 on NBC

• Interesting...

After several poor episodes, I must say this episode was not as bad as the others. However, my favorite part had to be the end, when the operation and how it is run is revealed. Now let me start at the beginning.

This episode had a huge twist, starting out with a rape of a foreign woman and leading to a baby trafficking ring. It starts with a rape, but soon the detectives find that there is more than meets the eye. Then, in SVU manner, the case shifts from a rape (that was solved) to a murder that opens the can of worms that was this baby trafficking ring. The ring included a former Bulgarian police officer turned mobster, a gynecologist and a woman that would falsify documents and whose murder was the real center of the story.

I have to say, I didn't hate this episode. The only thing that bothered me was the whole false trial thing. That is just a mockery of the justice system and really was not convincing. And of course, Sharon Stone's acting and one-liners were absolutely abysmal.

Like I said, the best part for me was actually hearing how this ring went down and how everything worked so orderly. It was really quite amazing how it went down and how the mobster would hide bodies and such. That part was great.

I'm not an E/O shipper but the part where they pretend to be married fell flat on its face. All in all, this was not a bad episode.
  • interesting episode

Ace saw the SVU squad getting tangled up with some folks involved in some rather fraudulent activities, including a high ranking member of some mafia crew based in eastern Europe. As with most L&O episodes that feature the mob as an enemy, things get dicey quick, the case looks completely lost, and there also seems to be a very real threat hanging over the detectives' heads. But you know, everything gets sorted out by the end.

My one complaint was with the whole fake trial idea. Yeah, Petrov may have been a scumbag who deserved jail in the worst way, but staging a trial pisses all over his right to due process. Just an unnecessary stunt there by the writers.

I won't hammer on the whole thing where Stabler/Benson pretended to be married. Yeah, it reeked of the show teasing us with more E/O garbage, but at least it was a legit undercover operation they were running.
  • there is So much hype about the previews, which are obviously just meant to attract new viewers, because apparently the few million of us who actually have watched the show since the beginning mean nothing.

There is no way I can possibly stick up for this show anymore! It's just beyond ridiculously bad writing, direction, PROMOS, and those stupid guest stars. I don't care about guest stars, the episodes were much better before there was a new one every 2 episodes. Go back to how it was in season 7!

I guess this was one of the less awful episodes this season. It was alright acting, and an alright story-line. It was relatively believable and somewhat interesting. It's just average. I hate this new 'look' of the show, with the way it's filmed and stuff. And there is SO much hype, about the previews, which are obviously just meant to attract new viewers because apparently the few million of us who actually have watched the show since the beginning mean nothing. I'm getting fed up. OH, and all the talk of Liv and El posing as a married couple ... did we not all expect to be let-down, like always? It was fine, and a poor attempt to keep EO shippers clinging on to the hope of some decent writing -- which didn't happen.
  • I'm with a different point of view since my first review for this episode

7.6
    I recall seeing another episode with the same storyline than this one, from season 3, also involving child trafficking. But I thought it was nice that they dealt with this important issue one more time.

It is very sad that child trafficking even exists, and sometimes I wonder how human beings can do this to others, just for making money. The episode had a interesting storyline...oh, and also the end, it had a nice twist when we discovered that Sophia was actually alive and kept her baby. The episode had a nice and happy ending... I was only angry with Jo's lie.

I wasn't expecting a good episode after last week's ones, but this one was okay. I am surprised that I liked it, although the disappointments with the whole E/O married couple scene. What they are thinking of? If there isn't gonna happen anything, why they say it will? I'm sick of this.

And I can't stand Sharon Stone anymore. Hope her character dies on the season finale!! (or at least she don't come back anymore...)
  • For all its hype, this episode was a letdown.

First of all, don't misunderstand me. This was not a bad episode by any stretch of the imagination. But with all the hype about Elliot and Olivia posing as a married couple, it wasn't that big of deal. Everyone thought it would be "an E/O shipper's dream." Well, it wasn't. That part barely lasted five minutes.

The episode was good, the plotline was interesting, and the acting was well-done. But with season eleven, the show is slowly but surely deteriorating. I saw this episode as a last-ditch attempt to keep viewers hooked, by teasing their E/O shippiness. They failed in that regard.
  • I'm with another point of view after my first review for this episode.

7.6

• ok.....

5.5
    this episode was just ok. Sharon Stone STILL HAS more airtime then any ADA on the show. OMG...two episodes left with her in it.
    I just don't understand WHY she has so much airtime.
    In any event, the episode was sort of bland. You could pretty much see where it was going. It was fun watching Elliot and Olivia poise as the couple. Nothing really jumps out. Good that the writers are showing the selling baby situation. Gesss have to keep typing....don't have 100 words... please get rid of stone....get an actress that can ACT!!!!
    Not a bad show but certainly not up to par for L&OSVU
  • wow! :)

I had given up on SVU for being repetitive and bad written and well... boring.
    I watched this episode for all the Sharon Stone hype.
    And I didn't regret it. I am glad to say it was A SUPERB EPISODE!
    Good rythm, good acting, nice cast, great story, nice directing.

And Sharon Stone wasn't bad at all. This episode had it all. It didn't focus only to Liv and Elliot or a guest star. Every team member had his moment, even Captain Cragen. It was intense and I have to say I didn't expect the "ace" on ADA's sleeve.

And more credits for the fake coupling of Liv and Elliot, I LOVED the family photos bit, I guess a little tease for the ones who want them together :)

The guest cast was good and their parts well balanced. I suspect this epi is the exception in the mediocre SVU we are watching the last few seasons but damn it was a good one!

One can only hope for more :))
  • El and Liv pose as a married couple...........

In this episode of SVU, the following happens. When a pregnant woman is rapes, SVU are called in to investigate. Although soon she vanishes from the hospital, and we learn that the woman is from Bulgaria. We soon unravel a smuggling group, who are smuggling pregnant women into the country, taking their baby's and then killing them.
    And so Olivia and Elliot go undercover and pose as a married couple who want to adopt a baby. Although it may sound nice it all happened too quickly. Soon the rape victim Sophia is found. But before she can give evidence against the people behind the ring, she is killed in an explosion. Although as the episode ends, we see that she is still alive and so the man in charge of the ring is sent to prison.
  • ace

Thankfully Sharon Stone was not the focal point of this episode likem she was last week, but I still do not like her character. While the original Law and Order has had great attorneys since its inception, SVU always gives us these annoying blonde women who come as bitter.

Petrov was an awesome villain here, but this was not a very good Law and Order: SVU, I'd call it about average, by season 11 standards. It dragged at points, and Benson and Stabler pretending to be a couple in search of a baby seemed so desperate.

Worth watching, but not that great.