Wednesday 9:00 PM on NBC (Returning September 21, 2016)
Did anyone else find the mother of the murdered boy in the episode REALLY annoying. Just a mix of the way she acted/read her lines drove me crazy! I can't find her name on IMDB credited in the episode, but I hope she never comes back!
Comments (28)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
She didn't make much of an impression on me at all. Her performance was completely forgettable. Cybil Shepherd on the other hand, was so annoying and completely disappointing. That accent kept disappearing and she just seemed so stone faced and unemotional.
Flag
Also that fat suit they put her in was unconvincing.
Flag
Totally agree! I can't really think of anything else I've seen her in either so I don't know if this was just not her part or if she's just kind of a bad actress. I know she's gotten a lot of praise though so it could have just been this part!
Flag
I think it was just this role... I don't know if she just didn't care enough about the role or what but I always thought she was a decent actress before this. I thought she was terrible in the episode.
Flag
I didn't mind her, perhaps a bit overly earnest at the end, but I went into it liking her from The Wire...she was great in that. But everybody's great on The Wire. I agree about Cybill Shepherd, didn't really care for her performance. Like IndianaMom said her sitcom was ok but that was a great cast all around & her acting style was better suited to that.
Flag
I didn't watch Body of Proof and I guess I haven't gotten to where she is in Burn Notice (or I just don't remember her) I'm like 10 episodes into Season 5. I also haven't watched the Wire even though it's been at the top of my list for years. I obviously can't say/know if she's a bad actress based on this part, but I really didn't like her in this.
Flag
I actually thought she over-acted. I didn't find her believable which was weird cause I've liked her in the things I've seen her in earlier.
I wasn't blown away by Cybill Shepherds acting either, again to my own surprise. However I liked the episode as a whole anyway.
Flag
I've always thought Cybill Shepherd was a bad actress. I don't know what everybody sees in her. Her sitcom was funny, but she had a lot of help.
Flag
I also agree about Cybill Shepherd! It was just kind of flat and dull. SVU has had some great guest stars but she is not one of them imo!
Flag
She was in seasons one and two of Body of Proof (now cancelled) I liked her there. Here she was fine, not exceptional.
Flag
She played an unlikable character on Burn Notice, so I went in not liking her, but she did a good job in this role.
Flag
Oh yeah, I hated her character on Burn Notice, but she did a good job with it I thought.
Flag
She's Sonja Sohn. She was part of the first season of Unforgettable, did a recurring bit on Burn Notice, and, more importantly, came from The Wire. IMDb doesn't have a full cast list up yet (you can check out ours, if you like).

Here's her TV.com page: Sonja Sohn
Flag
Oh man, now I have to watch this episode. Sonja Sohn was awesome on The Wire.
Flag
Not sure what to say to that or how relevant it is.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members