Wednesday 9:00 PM on NBC

Benson has officially been saved.

NBC has renewed long-running procedural Law & Order: SVU for Season 16, TV.com has learned.

The Mariska Hargitay-led drama is coming off a strong year both creatively and ratings-wise, thanks in part to the #SaveBenson arc. This ratings for Season 15 are up over Season 14, and the most recent episode drew 6.2 million viewers and a 1.8 rating in the adults 18- to 49-year-old demographic.

This is more good news for executive producer Dick Wolf, whose other two series, Chicago Fire and Chicago P.D.were renewed for new seasons two months ago. 

Law & Order: SVU airs Wednesdays at 9/8c on NBC. Are you glad Benson will be back?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 1/18/2017

Season 18 : Episode 9

37 Comments
Comments (37)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Now SVU is coming back, can I say please Donald Logue stay for season 16.
Flag
Absolutely!
Flag
Strong year creatively??? This was when they turned SVU into a really awful soap opera, and I don't even know how they have the nerve to put the rookies together now as bed partners.
Flag
But WHAT ABOUT HANNIBAL, NBC?????? That's all I care from you! PLEASE RENEW HANNIBAL!!!!! D:
Flag
Don't forget Community! Hannibal and Community need to be saved!
Flag
I stopped watching this year due to the whole save Benson arc. Rollins betting and Amaros issuses. It has turned in to a soapopera with an occasional interessting case. Shame because I used to like the show.
Flag
Hooray! I'm glad that it is coming back! I have always loved this show!
Flag
Glad it's back, but if anyone says "bring Stabler back now that his show flopped" I'm gonna punch someone.
Flag
So happy it's coming back!
Flag
Words cannot express how happy I am about this news!
I have been a loyal SVU fan 4 years and this 15th Season has been the best yet!
I know that the Sweet Sixteen Season will be even better!
I have a major feeling that SVU will keep going even longer than the original Law & Order :)
Flag
I'm giddy about this.
Flag
I am glad Benson is back. She is god at her job. I hope she gets to continue doing that job.
Flag
And since Meloni's show just got cancelled, too, hopefully a return of Stabler is on the horizon.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members