Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

Denial

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM May 03, 2002 on NBC

• Fin takes interest in a rape victim who is addicted to heroin. Their case takes them far deeper when a baby\'s finger is found in her purse. The finger leads them to two murder cases, to which Claire is the key but not the perpetrator.

This episode got to me. SVU, although it has its chilling and emotional moments, does not usually make me cry. This episode made me cry. I at first found Martha Plimpton annoying, mostly because the first time I ever saw her was in \"Blind Spot\" as the perpetrator. However, when Claire is describing her mother\'s callous actions towards the baby, I felt tears sting my eyes and I got the chills. As the episode progressed, I found I was taken aback by the quality of Martha\'s acting. The gruesome personality of the mother was played perfectly by Mary Steenburgen, who really shook me with her final scene with her own mother (also a role played fantastically). What really made me love this episode was the way the episode ended- Ice-T showed me why he is an amazing actor with the gift he physically and metaphorically presented to Martha Plimpton. It was in that moment, just before her hug, that I was touched. Fin had seemed like a more distant character, only because the show is not centered around him. I think he has a lot of talent that is supremely underused, but in this episode, he showed me a lot. I was very impressed by Ice-T\'s acting, not only in his interactions with Martha Plimpton, but his interactions with the rest of the squad and Alex. The final scene was very emotional to me, and I thought that it was the perfect final scene to a very well-done episode. I would give this episode a 9.9 out of 10, its only fault being that it ended.
MNT