Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

Denial

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM May 03, 2002 on NBC

• A deep, wide-ranging episode that focuses less on legal manipulations than on the interpersonal relationships of both the perps and the staff.

I personally normally dont particularly care as much about SVU as I do the normal "law and order". I find the sexual offenses to be far more twisted and jading. The straightforward nature of homicide seems to have more closure than the longitudinal effects of sexual abuse. But this particular episode is different in that it does not focus at all on a sexual case. Its tangential at best. This focuses on the interpersonal relationships of three women and the two murders that take place over a long period of time. L&O often reminds me of Dragnet in its simple portrayal of its characters, and the "mile wide, inch deep " method the script takes. This episode is a departure from that.

Every character gets involved here, and even personally. The acting is superb, and the story unfolds excruciatingly slowly, but without a huge twist. The episode's most poignant moments are between Fin and the junkie whose moments of silence speak far louder than anything they say.

This is one of the best L&O epi's i have seen.
Pop