Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

Disrobed

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Feb 04, 2000 on NBC

• A judge who was supposed to be tough on sex offenders takes advantage of the system to line his own pockets. How disgusting!

When we first find out that the murdered Judge Warren Varella was tough on sex offenders, those of us who want to see those scumbags rot in the hell of prison are upset, because it looks like one of the true good guys has been silenced forever. But when it is revealed that Varella was using the system to either line his own pockets or take advatnage of vulnerable women to satisfy his own sexual urges, it becomes repulsive.

It comes to a disgusting ahead when Gina Silver, a flight attendant struggling to raise her teen-age daughter, is forced to "pay her dues" to the judge to keep her sadistic, evil, repugnant, animalistic husband, a boil on the butt of humanity, in prison after he brutally beat her within an inch of her life, it makes a hard-line conservative like myself want them to let Ms. Silver off even though she shot the corrput judge in his two heads. I cheered wildly when Olivia shot that piece of crap Roger Silver. He deserved to have a needle in his arm, but thankfully, he was dead anyway.

In another plot twist, we see the depature of Brian Cassidy, whose short stay in SVU was a tumultuous one to say the least, as he had trouble stomaching the horrors of sex crimes and had an ill-advised affair with Olivia Benson. Tough break for the kid, because he was a good cop who had a bright future if he could tough it out in SVU.
NBC