Law & Order: Special Victims Unit Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on NBCBetween Seasons

Confirmed, SVU coming back for another season; Mariska stays on as lead!

dad1153

[1]Jan 6, 2012
    • level: 11

From the Winter TCA press conference in CA: http://www.deadline.com/2012/01/mariska-hargitay-to-continue-on-lo-svu-harry-honnick-jr-joins-for-arc/

SVU star Mariska Hargitay... will stay on the show beyond this season, Greenblatt said. Mariska is not leaving SVU, Greenblatt said.

Hargitay confirmed that in a pre-taped video. I'll be back, she said. I can't leave this show, I'm having too much fun.

Edited on 01/06/2012 10:54am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LII2

[2]Jan 6, 2012
    • level: 12
    There was another topic posted on this one, about her love interest and Mariska staying on the series

layle1

[3]Jan 6, 2012
    • level: 72
    In point of fact, the TV Guide post you referenced makes no mention of the TCA announcement. You have to watch the video to get the information. Thanks for both of your posts!
    Edited on 01/06/2012 2:44pm
    Edited 2 total times.

watcher1006

[4]Jan 9, 2012
    • level: 10

I'm certainly happy to see that she intends to stay on the show, and that it's still fun for her. When you look at the present cast, it's amazing that she, Richard Belzer, and Dann Florek of the original cast are still there. By Season 13 of the flagship Law and Order all of the first season cast members were long gone.

I think the show is still doing well enough in the ratings to merit a renewal by NBC, but it's not a sure thing, and I don't think we'll know for certain until spring.

Edited on 01/09/2012 6:29pm

LII2

[5]Jan 10, 2012

watcher1006 wrote:

I'm certainly happy to see that she intends to stay on the show, and that it's still fun for her. When you look at the present cast, it's amazing that she, Richard Belzer, and Dann Florek of the original cast are still there. By Season 13 of the flagship Law and Order all of the first season cast members were long gone.

I think the show is still doing well enough in the ratings to merit a renewal by NBC, but it's not a sure thing, and I don't think we'll know for certain until spring.

If it merits a renewel by NBC, I'm sure it will be renewed. This is the time that they sign the contracts for next season, Mariska wants to another season she already signed up for it. The show will be renewed, there is no sign that it's on the bubble to be cancelled.

JagsFan1

[6]Jan 24, 2012
    • level: 14

I've been waiting to hear this for a while now. Nice!!!!

snake63

[7]Jan 29, 2012
    • level: 20

I believe that although she loved Chris Meloni she's probably happier that she's getting more of the story lines. I would like to see Stabler to return as a guest star.

LII2

[8]Jan 29, 2012

snake63 wrote:

I believe that although she loved Chris Meloni she's probably happier that she's getting more of the story lines. I would like to see Stabler to return as a guest star.

She always got more of the storylines, and she's just happy because Mariska loves playing Olivia.

Warren Leight whom is a producer said that Chris won't return even as a guest star, he doesn't want to.

watcher1006

[9]Jan 30, 2012
    • level: 10

LII2 wrote:

She always got more of the storylines, and she's just happy because Mariska loves playing Olivia.

Agreed, her pairing with Chris Meloni as Benson and Stabler was the premiere partner relationship of the show from the beginning up until last season. Mariska Hargitay is still enjoying her role, and while I imagine she may miss working with Chris Meloni I can see her being enthusiastic about the different possibilities that have opened up for her character with Stabler gone. But his departure doesn't per force mean she'll get any more or any less screen time, so far I haven't seen any real change.

And that's something to wonder about. We are halfway through the season now and with Harry Connick Jr. appearing in three more episodes I don't see any sign yet that the Olivia Benson role is being scaled back for the second half of this season. That was the talk pre-season, but I wonder what will actually happen.

LII2

[10]Jan 30, 2012

watcher1006 wrote:

[

I don't see any sign yet that the Olivia Benson role is being scaled back for the second half of this season. That was the talk pre-season, but I wonder what will actually happen.

[/QUOTE]

It wasn't actually pre-talk it was rumors. People were spreading around because Mariska adopted another baby, they thought her character would be scaled back, all untrue fan based rumors. especially one that had to do with Olivia being a Captain of the squad

Dann Florc isn't leaving so that was just another rumor.. I never believe anything I hear unless it comes from Warren Leight whose the excutive producer of this show.