Law & Order: Special Victims Unit Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on NBCBetween Seasons

Dann Florek Leaving

snake63

[1]Dec 12, 2013
    • level: 20

With the oldest cast member Dann Florek aka Capt Cragen leaving SVU it is no doubt now that SVU should now end. The show is now a pale shadow of its former self. I can't see Mariska Hargitay and Ice-T staying on now that Chris Meloni, Richard Belzer and now Dann Florek gone.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MorbidPet

[2]Dec 13, 2013
    • level: 3

I don't agree. Sure I'm sad to see Florek/Cragen leave but the show has never been better imo and it doesn't have to go south by his (and Belzers) departure. I loved these past three seasons, such a breathe of fresh air. Love the addition of Amaro and Rollins. Heck my high points these days are the Fin & Rollins' partnership. I love them.
    Who will replace the captain will surely play a huge role in the future of the show. But I havefaith in Warren & Co and, even though there will never ever be a better captain than Cragen, I'm curious to see who they bring on. A new captain ops for a lot of questions that will be interesting to see how they play out. Rollins' gambling - will she be able to carry on when Cragen leaves? How will Olivia step up, being a sergeant and having gone through that Lewis trial? I'm both dreading and looking forward to Cragen's retirement actually.

ram47

[3]Dec 20, 2013
    • level: 18

Munch and Cragen have both reached retirement age so realistically they should leave. Although I am sad to see them leave that doesn't mean the show should end. I also agree that it has been a breath of fresh air and am looking forward to see how it all plays out.

snake63

[4]Dec 24, 2013
    • level: 20

Law& Order SVU is now over 15 years old and all the stories was done. It has become an outlet for liberal biases which caused its audience to leave.

mrivera

[5]Jan 20, 2014
    • level: 9
    One thing you can be sure of: Cragen's replacement will NOT be a white male.May I suggest Lance Reddick, aka FBI agent Broyles from Fringe?

ram47

[6]Jan 20, 2014
    • level: 18

mrivera wrote:
    One thing you can be sure of: Cragen's replacement will NOT be a white male.May I suggest Lance Reddick, aka FBI agent Broyles from Fringe?

Good choice. And of course he played Dr. Taylor in a few early episodes of SVU including "Slaves" and "Wrong Is Right."