Law & Order: Special Victims Unit Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on NBCBetween Seasons

"Deadly Ambition" Official Discussion (Spoilers)

layle1

[1]Feb 20, 2013
    • level: 72
    Please use this thread for all discussion of the episode "Deadly Ambition."
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

IndianaMom

[2]Feb 21, 2013
    • level: 54
    What a great episode! Really an edge-of-your-seat kind of story. Kelli Giddish was outstanding. Her line at the end, "She's still my sister," was heartbreaking.

Once again my Amaro's excellent interrogation skills saved the day. I love how he gets people to trust him, then BAM! Gotcha!

83optics

[3]Feb 21, 2013
    • level: 6

learned:

* Dr. Olivet! oh, the nostalgia overflows.

* if you image-search "squirrel gun," you get results you thought you wouldn't.

* cute + Chinese food = cozy

* Amaro outside the station talking to beautiful but troubled women, this is becoming a meme...

* blood is thicker than water, but blood's got blood on her hands...

Jemadari

[4]Feb 21, 2013
    • level: 12

Best episode in a long time, most of the time I watch SVU i'm doing a thousand other things but this one I watched intently beginning to end

And yet another episode in which the justice system or it's servants aren't painted in the best light

blackcat1366

[5]Feb 22, 2013
    • level: 7

This was a good episode. One of the better one's I have seen for this season. I felt so bad for Amanda; being set up by her own sister and then she skips town with all her belongings. I really hope that the law catches up with her.

crandc1

[6]Feb 22, 2013
    • level: 1
    It was a good episode. But what is it with SVU's family members? It's like the detectives got the entire family allotment of brains, leaving none for anyone else! Ken Randall is about the only exception. (BTW, when oh when is he getting married? Last episode?) Simon Marsden is a screwup, Kim looked like a flake at first but she's more a sociopath, even Stabler's kids were not much to write home about.

MorbidPet

[7]Feb 28, 2013
    • level: 3

Loved loved loved this episode. Yes, that much. Kelli Giddish was outstanding. Got me some Finanda feels but still could have taken even more (common Fin, u so should have given her a hug there at the end)

Liked that Amaro stepped up to help out too, not that he usually isn't but it just seems he and Rollins have some sibling rivalry going on most of the time. Cragen - love you.

I did want to slap Amanda over the head at times (not as much or as hard as I wanted to slap Kim though) but I still liked that she lost her police-mode and went into more of family/sister-mode. It's understandable. Oh and hearing Kim say something like how their mother said Amanda's ambition would get her in trouble. Ouch. No mother of the year award either for the Rollins family. Nice to get some more backstory for Amanda though even if it seems rough.

mrivera

[8]Mar 1, 2013
    • level: 10

Great episode. For awhile, it looked like Danny Pino would reprise his role as Det. Valens on Cold Case where he had a troubled romance with his partner's (Kathryn Morris as Det. Rush) slutty sister.

IndianaMom

[9]Mar 4, 2013
    • level: 54
    mrivera wrote:

Great episode. For awhile, it looked like Danny Pino would reprise his role as Det. Valens on Cold Case where he had a troubled romance with his partner's (Kathryn Morris as Det. Rush) slutty sister.

I know! I was really hoping that wouldn't happen.