Law & Order: Special Victims Unit Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on NBCBetween Seasons

Kathryn Erbe To Guest Star On SVU

ram47

[1]Aug 14, 2012
    • level: 18

http://tvline.com/2012/08/14/kathryn-erbe-law-order-svu/

Law & Order Scoop: Kathryn Erbe Bringing Criminal Intent's Eames to SVU This Fall!

by Michael Ausiello
    Aug. 14th, 2012

Law & Order: SVU is welcoming a familiar face to the precinct this fall: Former Law & Order: Criminal Intent detective Kathryn Erbe. TVLine has learned that the actress will reprise her CI role of Alexandra Eames during SVU's upcoming 14th season. Det. Eames, now working for a joint City/Federal Homeland Security Task Force, crosses paths with the SVU squad when their investigation of a sex trafficking ring uncovers a connection to terrorists. Erbe, who spent a decade on Criminal Intent, is currently booked for one SVU episode (airdate TBD), but word is she will likely be back for more later in the season.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

watcher1006

[2]Aug 15, 2012
    • level: 10

Kathryn Erbe has been part of the Law and Order "universe" for a very long time, if one counts her guest spot on NBC's Homicide: Life on the Street back in 1997. While I watched very little of L&O CI I like her as an actress and I think she can definitely contribute to SVU in a recurring role.

Whatever this show does, this show can use all the help it can get to boost its ratings with the advertiser-targeted demographic. While it did well relative to NBC's other hour long dramas last season that's not saying much at all. It's numbers were not all that good and have been declining for a while. I suspect that the lack of other viable carry-over prospects into the new season is probably what got the show a 14th season. Personally I think the show is still well worth watching and hope it can keep going.

Edited on 08/15/2012 6:45am
    Edited 2 total times.

DoctorShade

[3]Oct 17, 2012
    • level: 28
    Well it worked for me, I haven't been a regular viewer of Law & Order SVU for a while, I normally choose to watch Criminal Minds instead (they air at the same time). But when I saw that Kathryn Erbe was going to be on, I had to see it. I always loved her on Criminal Intent. I wish they hadn't ended Criminal Intent hopefully there will be a permanent place for her on SVU

snake63

[4]Jan 25, 2013
    • level: 20

She would be perfect to succeed Mariska Hargitay. Dick Wolf should create a new Law & Order subtitled Private Investigators. Olivia reunites with Elliot Stabler no longer with the NYPD but their own firm.