Law & Order: Special Victims Unit Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on NBCIn Season

Law and Order in Australia

Sez01

[1]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 28

Hi

I'm form Australia and I'm just wondering if there's anyone here from Down Under?

I really only started watching  SVU late last year, but now I really anjoy it and get annoyed when channel 10 muck around with the screanings   I'm looking forward to the episode Fault, which should be shown here in about 2 weeks.

Just a question; I've read that in America season 8 will start in late September, does anyone know if channel 10 will show it soon after or what they'll do when we've finished season 7?

Sez

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

berocca2000

[2]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 2
    Yes Im from Sydney and I love SVU. I only got hooked about a year ago although Ive managed to track down copies of every episode and I watch them constantly. I dont really pay much attention to it on channel 10 as Im not usually home then, although, I did actually tune in last night to find that they were showing an old episode and wondered what was going on. Im sure that channel 10 will show season 8 as it pulls in good ratings. That is shown by the fact that they have moved it to monday nights. Ive also heard that they are planning on showing Conviction later in the year which is good... I really started to get into that show and then they axed it.

dalilone

[3]Aug 2, 2006
    • level: 29
    yeow!!! hey hey! im from down under too.. perth to be exact.. started watching quite awhile ago.. and although i might not be on this forum alot im always watching. i haunt the NCIS board.

dalilone

Vessa289

[4]Aug 2, 2006
    • level: 6
    I'm from Melbourne, and I've been watching for a few years now.

My guess about Season 8 is that they won't show it here until next year, based on what 10 usually does. Also, they've been showing a lot of repeats throughout this season (including this week), which makes me think that they're making the new episodes last as long as they can throughout the ratings period, and will save all season 8 episodes for the 2007 ratings period. I think that's what they normally do.

Sez01

[5]Aug 2, 2006
    • level: 28
    Good to know that I'm not the only Aussie here.

Vessa289 wrote:
    I'm from Melbourne, and I've been watching for a few years now.

My guess about Season 8 is that they won't show it here until next year, based on what 10 usually does. Also, they've been showing a lot of repeats throughout this season (including this week), which makes me think that they're making the new episodes last as long as they can throughout the ratings period, and will save all season 8 episodes for the 2007 ratings period. I think that's what they normally do.

Well that's a bummer. I did notice though that next week is meant to be a double episode and even better it's season 7 and it's in order. yay

Sez

mandy_gough

[6]Aug 2, 2006
    • level: 10
    Another Aussie! Im in Melbourne. Did anyone know that Channel 10 are going to show double eps as from next monday??? Its supposed to start at 8.30 but with Australian Idol who knows what time we'll get it!! They must be trying to get the season finished while its still in ratings! Does anyone know how SVU is rating over here in Australia??

Kelly4Clay

[7]Aug 2, 2006

Woo, I'm an Aussie too I'm from Adelaide

mandy_gough wrote:
    Does anyone know how SVU is rating over here in Australia??
    I think it rates pretty well considering it's on at the same day and time as Desperate Houswives I'm not sure though.

Edited on 08/02/2006 3:07pm

mandy_gough

[8]Aug 3, 2006
    Desperate housewifes finishes next week I think? Its up against new episodes of cold case too and that gets in the top 20 each week. Cant wait to see Fault though!!!

ema_lov_ya

[9]Aug 3, 2006
    yep, you guessed it, im a true blue aussie (although i dont talk like that, lol). Anyways this is what i think is gonna happen with SVU. Season 8 will start next year, only cause they do that every year. But although im glad their playing 2 new episodes next week, i cant help but be sad, cause the quicker it finishes the longer we will have to wait for the new season. But i can't wait for fault to be shown.

Kelly4Clay

[10]Aug 3, 2006
    I agree!! How awesome is 'Fault' gonna be!!

So...are there any Elliot/Olivia shippers in here?

Vessa289

[11]Aug 4, 2006
    Woohoo! Fault...Fault...Fault! Everybody, Mexican Wave!! Yeah!
    Okay, yes, I'm an OE shipper. Can you tell?

Double episodes are a mixed blessing, more SVU but for a shorter period of time. I agree it's probably that they're trying to cram the last episodes into the ratings period. I've noticed some new and dodgy-looking shows are starting to appear on screen, which is usually what happens in non-ratings time, so I assume it's getting closer to summer TV (even though it's freezing outside).

SwanFan

[12]Aug 5, 2006
    • level: 3

Hi Im an Aussie.....

I'm from Outback New South Wales .

.I think the current season will go till sometime in November....maybe late September..

and then the new season will start mid-February...

Hopefully they will find a decent time for it so it can start rating like it should

I myself am not a shipper.....

Vessa289

[13]Aug 6, 2006
    Fortunately I will be in the country next February, unlike this year, when I missed the start of the season, and channel 10 isn't about to show those eps as repeats anytime soon.

Has everyone noticed that 10 are now advertising CM & MH's Emmy nominations on the ads for the new episodes? Hope that makes some people realise what a good show it is.

mandy_gough

[14]Aug 6, 2006
    Channel 10 swapping and changing between svu and ci on sunday nights really did hurt svu I think. Especially with BB not finishing until half an hour after it should have. Hopefully they can find a good time and day for svu and give it some good promotion. Even the original L&O is been shown at like 10.30 which it never has aired at that time before. Channel 10 are hopless with their shows unless its Big Brother and Australian Idol. If anyone has foxtel ive been watching the svu marathons on friday night on tv1, they also show double eps on saturday night so they're good for a fix!!!

dalilone

[15]Aug 7, 2006
    im quite sure theres SVU tonight, double eps, both new. starts at 9.. i think

and *raises hand* i think they're cute together.

grimface_87

[16]Aug 7, 2006
    • level: 21
    hey, im an aussie too, from melbourne! I only really started watching svu this season and i love it! i watch the other law and orders but somehow svu (to use a "big brotherism") flew under the radar (for me at least). you cant go wrong with double episodes

mandy_gough

[17]Aug 16, 2006
    Just thought id let you all know Fault is going to be on monday night at 9.30...the only thing is Channel 10 are showing Fat at 8.30 so they're the wrong way around. Hopefully this post goes through, Im having trouble writing messages at the moment, dont know why!!! Does anyone know why Channel 10 are showing eps in the wrong order???

mandy_gough

[18]Aug 16, 2006
    Just thought id let you all know Fault is going to be on monday night at 9.30...the only thing is Channel 10 are showing Fat at 8.30 so they're the wrong way around. Hopefully this post goes through, Im having trouble writing messages at the moment, dont know why!!! Does anyone know why Channel 10 are showing eps in the wrong order???

ema_lov_ya

[19]Aug 17, 2006
    why are they showing fat first? I wish they would show fault first. But in both TV week and the guide (from Wednesday’s herald sun) they have it written as if fat is playing first then fault. But in the guide, they had a caption about it saying that the episode playing second wasn’t as good as the first one, but the first one makes it all worth while, but in that case they are saying that fault (which is said to be playing second) isn't a very good episode, and that cant be right. Im so confused right now, if anyone knows what episode is playing first please tell me.

dalilone

[20]Aug 17, 2006

ive got no idea why they're showing fat first... probably just trying to get more ratings for fault thanks to people tuning in for fault ending up watching fat THEN fault.

they're both showing this monday, 8.30pm FAT, 9.30 FAULT.

channel 10 website

-dalilone

Edited on 08/17/2006 12:11am