TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Law & Order: Special Victims Unit Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on NBCIn Season

Official eppy thread: AUTHORITY

SVU_IsMyGod

[1]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 8
    Okay, so I still have 3 hours before I actually see the episode, but I really want to post the official thread for once. Anyhoo, feel free to discuss for the next 3 hours, and then I'll start posting my juicy spoilers
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pinkydog123

[2]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 14
    SVU_IsMyGod wrote:
    Okay, so I still have 3 hours before I actually see the episode, but I really want to post the official thread for once. Anyhoo, feel free to discuss for the next 3 hours, and then I'll start posting my juicy spoilers

ugh!! i have 5 more hrs I CANT WAIT!! I REALLY NEED TO SEE HOW THE HOSTAGE SITUATION THING TURNS OUT HOPEFULLY IT DOSNT TURN OUT TO BE A DUD, THAT WOULD SUCK, THATS BASICALLY WHY IM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS EP

oh and that RW's character looks pretty creepy well, not necessarily creepy, but yall know what i mean.....

CrazyChick111

[3]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 3

7 HOURS! I can't wait any longer! AHHHH!

SVU_number_1fan

[4]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 17
    CrazyChick111 wrote:

7 HOURS! I can't wait any longer! AHHHH!

yea yea 7hrs here also i wish i lved on the east coast lol

littleditylum

[5]Apr 29, 2008
    4 for me, but less than an HOUR for the lucky ones.....

SVU_number_1fan

[6]Apr 29, 2008
    littleditylum wrote:
    4 for me, but less than an HOUR for the lucky ones.....
    u r so lucky!!!!!!!!!!!

SVU_IsMyGod

[7]Apr 29, 2008
    Like 15 minutes left, woot! I'm SO exhausted right now, though, I'm probably going to sleep as soon as it's over, lol

SVU_IsMyGod

[8]Apr 29, 2008
    Woot, it's starting! okay here goes: Woman complains that someone's in the restaurant puking. Guy goes to clean up and hears someone screaming. Calls SVU, they can't get into the room, perp says he won't answer the door for anyone but detective Milgrum. Guy opens the door when Olivia says she's Milgrum's partner and there's a girl tied to a chair with a gag in her mouth. Perp says 'thank god you're here, I did everything you told me to.'

SVU_IsMyGod

[9]Apr 29, 2008

Elliot interrogates the perp. He says he got a call from Milgrum saying a woman stole a wallet, and he should hold her until Milgrum got there. The woman tells Benson the perp was talking to the police. Perp says Milgrum told him to pat her down to make sure she wasn't hiding anything. Milgrum said he had to strip search her, that it was legal cause it was police orders. Woman cries to Benson about being felt up by the perp. Perp insists he was just helping the police. Elliot says there's no detective Milgrum, that it was a scam, perp is horrified. Munch spins his conformity angle, then says Milgrum was a real person who used to get people to 'shock' their friends as an experiment. Detectives talk and they can't find the phone Milgrum used. They look on the web, somebody posted about someone pretending to be a cop. He uses a payphone and a fresh calling card all the time, calls on weekdays. Run facial recognition software to see Williams, don't know his name, though. Get a company logo from his name tag, and they find Merrit Rook. He's an audio engineer. But he's out sick when the detectives go to his work, so they go to his house. He says he's playing hooky, invites the detectives in. Rook says he buys phone cards to give to the homeless, says he was out of town yesterday. Gives them hotel info. They call a number and somebody on the phone says he was definately at the hotel (honestly, I think it sounds like Willams). Cragen says Rook couldn't have been fishing where he says he was. They call the hotel, they say Rook was there. Munch asks about the trout, hotel guy says sure. They realize it's Merrit and go to his house, catch him on the phone (Cragen called to prove it was Rook on the other end of those calls).

SVU_IsMyGod

[10]Apr 29, 2008

Again, sorry it's so choppy. I'm trying to catch the important details to type and still watch the show, it's tough. I'm leaving out a lot of details but all the highlights are there. Actually watching the episode is way better, anyway ^_^

Detectives interrogate Rook. He says he didn't want his work to know that he was with a hooker. He doesn't know her name, though, but she looked like his wife, who died. They don't have sex, they just sleep together. Elliot says he doesn't buy it. Rook just laughs, says he never ate at Happy Burger (the place being targeted my Milgrum). Rook hates chain restaurants. Casey says they can only hold him on obstruction. They can't make a voice i.d. cause his disguised his voice so well. Theyget a pic of Milgrum, take Rook to court, he wants to represent himself. Casey has no objection. Rook accepts 250000 dollar bail with n argument. Says he can't wait to work with Casey, then says 'I have to go post my bail. lol. Rook questions Stabler on the stand. Stabler says he knows Rook is guilty. Rook says the cop on the phone story is far fetched (El tries to deny it, of course, but RW is a good lawyer). Rook says they have a pic of him making the call, but they manipulated the image. He shows the jury the original image and it's REALLY dark and blurry. He says it could be anybody. Makes it seem like they manipulated the image to get what they want. Man, he's good! Casey's pissed, lol. Huang brings Casey coffee, she says she doesn't get why Rook plays his games. She went to school with a kid who made others eat turds by telling them they were raisons, Casey never fell for it, though. Huang says to look at Rook's childhood for a possible explanation. Rook is on the stand, he says he wants justice just as much as they all do, but it wasn't him. Casey says he was arrested at 13 for burning down a house. Rook explains that it was an abandone house where older boys would get drunk and do drugs, and they raped a little girl there. He went to the police, but they didn't believe him cause the police chief's son was the ring leader. Says he had to stop them and he didn't know what else to do. Rook makes his closing statement, saying they have almost no evidence, and they only arrested him because they're sheep following orders, never questioning authority. Casey gives her closing argument, says Rook's really good at convincing people to do things, but he's just pretending. He's found not guilty. Rook hugs Casey which pisses off Casey, Liv and El. This guy is really good! sorry, love RW, lol

SVU_IsMyGod

[11]Apr 29, 2008

Sweet, looks like we've still got half the show to see Benson in danger

Rook's is on t.v., being praised for his appearance in court. He has a sheep with him, aww, it's cute. Robin says they need to stop acting like 'Elliot' and question authority. Rook says he's putting together a rally. The detectives decide to 'crash the party'. Everyone's holding pillows (woot, the pillow fight). Munch is into it, says they got Rook all wrong. He says Rook wants to prove they should stop listening to authority, he spoke to Rook and believes in what he's doing. Rook's wife died and he thinks it was malpractice. The doctor died in a car accident, El and Liv interview a nurse he worked with. She says Rook insisted on a c-section, the doctor refused, and she and the baby died. Olivia doesn't buy that the doctor's brakes failed, Rook would know how to screw with the brakes. Warner says he was an alcoholic, but he wasn't over the limit, it wouldn't have affected him much. Warner says it looks suspicious. He left a suicide note, the note says Milgrum told him he was to blame for the woman's death and wouldn't stop calling him. Rook pushed him to commit suicide. Rook makes an announcement about something big going on at Grand Central. They go, split up to find Rook, see a bunch of people just standing around completely frozen. They spot Rook, frozen. He says he was a sheep, he let him slaughter his wife. Olivia takes him, leads him away. Cut to Elliot looking around, but he can't see Liv or Rook. Doesn't show Rook overpowering Liv or anything, I wonder what happened? Stupid commercials, ugh.

smawls

[12]Apr 29, 2008
    haha. that turd thing sounds hilarious!!

keep going, its gettin good, i can feel it

pinkydog123

[13]Apr 29, 2008
    smawls wrote:
    haha. that turd thing sounds hilarious!!

keep going, its gettin good, i can feel it

i know i shouldnt look *covers eyes with hands*

but, i cant wait 2 more hrs!!!

*moves fingers aside for just a LITTLE peak*

SVU_IsMyGod

[14]Apr 29, 2008
    They break into Rook's apartment, looking for Liv. They get security photos, showing Liv dumping her gun and cell phone in the trash. He's close to one of the doctors at work, someone he likes they figure. She says he started crying on their date a while back because of a song that was playing, it was one of his wife's songs. She says he might be in Brooklyn at a record studio. Elliot goes in alone. It's dark, unused. He goes into one of the rooms and finds Rook. Pats him down, asks where Liv is, but Rook won't tell him. Says if El shoots him he'll never find Liv. She's in the room behind them, turns on a light so they can see her. If they open the door the whole place will explode. Liv can't see or hear them. Rook has a detonator in his hand. He wants to experiment with Elliot. Liv tells El to do what Rook says. Rook makes El sit down. He says Liv is sitting in a chair wired with electricity, won't kill her but it'll hurt. Presses a button, Liv screams. Rook wants Elliot to press the button, he says no, Rook presses it, Liv screams. Rook sys the time will double if El refuses again (it was just 2 second the first time). Rook tells Elliot his family was taken from him by the doctor, he didn't want to challenge authority, so he didn't and his wife died. Tells El to puch the button, so Rook does and Liv screams. Elliot refuses again, says he can't do it, says too many people have already suffered. Rook says 'Congratulations, you're not a sheep, you're a man'. Flicks on the lights to show Liv, there's another scream but Liv's not doing it, it's pre-recorded. He says the door's not wired, either. Liv says she went with him cause she thought there was a bomb, and El says 'it's okay.' Rook asks to tie his shoe while they're taking him to the car, then the studio blows up behind them. Rook runs away in the commotion, Liv and El chase him. They get to the river, but they can't find him. Liv says he must have gone in the river, he was cuffed, he's dead. End of the episode. Wow, that was awesome.

smawls

[15]Apr 29, 2008
    thank the god liv didnt actually get hurt! the writers do have a conscience! haha.

sounds like a great ep. cant wait for my 4 hour and 55 minutes to be up!

CrazyChick111

[16]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 3

SVU_IsMyGod wrote:
    They break into Rook's apartment, looking for Liv. They get security photos, showing Liv dumping her gun and cell phone in the trash. He's close to one of the doctors at work, someone he likes they figure. She says he started crying on their date a while back because of a song that was playing, it was one of his wife's songs. She says he might be in Brooklyn at a record studio. Elliot goes in alone. It's dark, unused. He goes into one of the rooms and finds Rook. Pats him down, asks where Liv is, but Rook won't tell him. Says if El shoots him he'll never find Liv. She's in the room behind them, turns on a light so they can see her. If they open the door the whole place will explode. Liv can't see or hear them. Rook has a detonator in his hand. He wants to experiment with Elliot. Liv tells El to do what Rook says. Rook makes El sit down. He says Liv is sitting in a chair wired with electricity, won't kill her but it'll hurt. Presses a button, Liv screams. Rook wants Elliot to press the button, he says no, Rook presses it, Liv screams. Rook sys the time will double if El refuses again (it was just 2 second the first time). Rook tells Elliot his family was taken from him by the doctor, he didn't want to challenge authority, so he didn't and his wife died. Tells El to puch the button, so Rook does and Liv screams. Elliot refuses again, says he can't do it, says too many people have already suffered. Rook says 'Congratulations, you're not a sheep, you're a man'. Flicks on the lights to show Liv, there's another scream but Liv's not doing it, it's pre-recorded. He says the door's not wired, either. Liv says she went with him cause she thought there was a bomb, and El says 'it's okay.' Rook asks to tie his shoe while they're taking him to the car, then the studio blows up behind them. Rook runs away in the commotion, Liv and El chase him. They get to the river, but they can't find him. Liv says he must have gone in the river, he was cuffed, he's dead. End of the episode. Wow, that was awesome.

Didn't Elliot ever tell him to quit pressing the button? lol

smawls

[17]Apr 29, 2008
    wait, why did liv dump her cell and gun in the trash?

SVU_IsMyGod

[18]Apr 29, 2008
    CrazyChick111 wrote:
    Didn't Elliot ever tell him to quit pressing the button? lol

No, he only pressed it 3 times I think. And it was more like a moan bordering on a scream, and it was only a few seconds, I guess El figured it was pointless. He looked like it was painful for him to hear, though.

smawls wrote:
    wait, why did liv dump her cell and gun in the trash?

Rook told her there was a bomb and if she didn't do what he said he would blow the whole place up. I think he had a 'detonator' (he admitted to El that the button he was pushing was just a garage door opener) so she couldn't risk questioning him.

fransmith05

[19]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 11

SVU_IsMyGod, you are so nice and we are so fortunate to have you.

I didn't read it all because I don't want to be fully spoiled, but it was nice of you to take your time a type a summary. Thanks!

SVU_IsMyGod

[20]Apr 29, 2008
    fransmith05 wrote:

SVU_IsMyGod, you are so nice and we are so fortunate to have you.

I didn't read it all because I don't want to be fully spoiled, but it was nice of you to take your time a type a summary. Thanks!

No problem. I like writing the summary. I taped the episode, so I'm watching it again now to get the full effect