Law & Order: Special Victims Unit Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on NBCBetween Seasons

Official Q&A Thread; eppies, cast, guests, music, etc.

ITPROF4U

[21]Apr 24, 2008
    • level: 12

Just a random thought, but this site has a GREAT episode guide. Just click on the Episodes tab. If you know "about" what season an episode is in, or who the guest star is, or can tell by Liv's hair (LOL) you can search that way. Most of the most asked for quotes are there, as are episode descriptions, guest stars etc. If you have time you should browse the episodes, little light bulbs will go off and "ah, so THAT is the episode I was thinking of..

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pinkydog123

[22]Apr 24, 2008
    • level: 14
    smawls wrote:
    pinkydog123 wrote:
    smawls wrote:
    SL3UTH wrote:

Another quick question: What other episodes feature Dr. Hendrix?
    she's in "weak", "contagious", "identity", "ripped", and "philadelphia"

ugh, why is she in so many, thats a ques. ^_^
    because she took over for B.D. Wong when he was on Broadway

he was on broadway?? woah, what was he??

SL3UTH

[23]Apr 24, 2008
    • level: 9
    ITPROF4U wrote:

Just a random thought, but this site has a GREAT episode guide. Just click on the Episodes tab. If you know "about" what season an episode is in, or who the guest star is, or can tell by Liv's hair (LOL) you can search that way. Most of the most asked for quotes are there, as are episode descriptions, guest stars etc. If you have time you should browse the episodes, little light bulbs will go off and "ah, so THAT is the episode I was thinking of..

Haha. But what if we're seeking some 'human' answers, in the form of a direct post? And maybe we want to hear some snide comments on the side (like for Hendrix). Or maybe I'm just lazy.

SL3UTH

[24]Apr 24, 2008
    smawls wrote:
    pinkydog123 wrote:
    smawls wrote:
    SL3UTH wrote:

Didn't he cross-dress?

ITPROF4U

[25]Apr 24, 2008
    SL3UTH wrote:
    ITPROF4U wrote:

Haha. But what if we're seeking some 'human' answers, in the form of a direct post? And maybe we want to hear some snide comments on the side (like for Hendrix). Or maybe I'm just lazy.
    I'm all for the "human touch"..In my line of work I'm answering peoples questions all day, so why not here, But what is the saying, "give a man a fish and he will eat today, teach a man to fish and he will eat for life". Don't you want to be the one who knows all the answers?

pinkydog123

[26]Apr 24, 2008
    SL3UTH wrote:
    smawls wrote:
    pinkydog123 wrote:
    smawls wrote:
    SL3UTH wrote:

Didn't he cross-dress?

not to be mean but i wouldnt be surprised i was watching SVU with my grandma one time and she was like 'do you know hes gay (cuz she just know everything about every actor ^_^) and i was like 'no freakin way!?' honestly i would have never guessed but now i can tell, he walks like hez gay no offense to anyone, and i was just surprised, i lik BD he was the voice in mulan AND in jurrasic park

SL3UTH

[27]Apr 24, 2008
    ITPROF4U wrote:
    SL3UTH wrote:
    ITPROF4U wrote:

I'm all for the "human touch"..In my line of work I'm answering peoples questions all day, so why not here, But what is the saying, "give a man a fish and he will eat today, teach a man to fish and he will eat for life". Don't you want to be the one who knows all the answers?
    Most of my questions aren't episode questions (rarely do I ever ask at all), and when I do, it's mostly so I comment about something without being totally off-topic. For example: I dislike Rebecca Hendrix... but what other episodes does she star in?

smawls

[28]Apr 24, 2008
    • level: 17
    B.D. played "Linus" on Broadway's "You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown" and i think he won an award for "M. Butterfly" or something... (maybe?)

pinkydog123

[29]Apr 24, 2008
    smawls wrote:
    B.D. played "Linus" on Broadway's "You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown" and i think he won an award for "M. Butterfly" or something... (maybe?)

were they musicals i can see him singing

smawls

[30]Apr 24, 2008
    pinkydog123 wrote:
    smawls wrote:

were they musicals i can see him singing
    dunno. but he did play a woman in M. Butterfly. (and OT, but are most broadway plays musicals? i dont know that i've heard of one that isnt...)

mariska143

[31]Apr 24, 2008
    • level: 16
    Nope, they're not. In fact, many are dramas. I've seen M. Butterfly myself, and it is most certainly not a musical. (Incidentally, I saw it with Francis Jue, who has been a doctor sometimes on SVU!) A lot of people associate Broadway with musicals, but if we're talking about the place, there are definitely straight dramas going on on Broadway. And off as well.

mariska143

[32]Apr 24, 2008
    • level: 16
    I have a question for Khaki: Are we allowed to discuss shipper-type-stuff in episode threads if it relates to the episode? Let's say, for example, Paternity. Are we allowed to discuss The Hug because we thought it was shippy? I feel like people want everything to be exclusive and separate from things. But if shippy type stuff pertains to something that happens in an episode, shouldn't we be allowed to talk about it as long as it remains related to the episode? Because if not, we should never be able to reference anything in any threads because it's always "off-topic." Thanks in advance!

pinkydog123

[33]Apr 24, 2008
    mariska143 wrote:
    I have a question for Khaki: Are we allowed to discuss shipper-type-stuff in episode threads if it relates to the episode? Let's say, for example, Paternity. Are we allowed to discuss The Hug because we thought it was shippy? I feel like people want everything to be exclusive and separate from things. But if shippy type stuff pertains to something that happens in an episode, shouldn't we be allowed to talk about it as long as it remains related to the episode? Because if not, we should never be able to reference anything in any threads because it's always "off-topic." Thanks in advance!

i cant see why we wouldn't be able to.

zimba05

[34]Apr 25, 2008
    I wanna see Kathy and the baby... *pouts* Any chance of that happening any time soon?

SVU_number_1fan

[35]Apr 25, 2008
    zimba05 wrote:
    I wanna see Kathy and the baby... *pouts* Any chance of that happening any time soon?
    i no i want to also ):

ktgurl10

[36]Apr 27, 2008
    • level: 10
    was there every an episode where elliot tells olivia he hit one of his kids? whats the name of the episode? im pretty sure i didnt make that up, but i might off haha

ITPROF4U

[37]Apr 27, 2008

ktgurl10 wrote:
    was there every an episode where elliot tells olivia he hit one of his kids? whats the name of the episode? im pretty sure i didnt make that up, but i might off haha

You're half right..In Shaken, Season 5, after the case, Elliot is in a bar and Cragen comes to talk to him. Elliot admits he slapped Marueen when she was little because she spilled grape juice on new carpet.

smawls

[38]Apr 27, 2008
    this is a question for anyone over 21 (unless, of course, those under 21 know)

In "responsible", Liv says to the girl "whats the matter, you drink the worm?"

what does it mean to "drink the worm?" (and please tell me its a figure of speech, because to actually drink a worm would be disgusting!)

SVU_number_1fan

[39]Apr 27, 2008
    smawls wrote:
    this is a question for anyone over 21 (unless, of course, those under 21 know)

In "responsible", Liv says to the girl "whats the matter, you drink the worm?"

what does it mean to "drink the worm?" (and please tell me its a figure of speech, because to actually drink a worm would be disgusting!)
    o haha its the thing in the bottom of the tiqlia bottle

ITPROF4U

[40]Apr 27, 2008

smawls wrote:
    this is a question for anyone over 21 (unless, of course, those under 21 know) In "responsible", Liv says to the girl "whats the matter, you drink the worm?" what does it mean to "drink the worm?" (and please tell me its a figure of speech, because to actually drink a worm would be disgusting!)

LOL...that's funny.."Drink the Worm" is from Tequila. It's not a figure of speech, it's real. Some tequila's have worms in them that are supposed to be VERY potent and will make you really drunk, if the tequila wasn't enough. NOT saying I have done that before, though I'm well over the drinking age

Edited on 04/27/2008 3:16pm