Law & Order: Special Victims Unit Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on NBCBetween Seasons

Official 'Shippers Thread (all shipper discussion here; no spoilers)

khaki_dojo

[1]Oct 2, 2007
    • level: 57

Rather than have numerous different 'shipper threads on the board for the various pairings, please keep all discussion in this one folder. Thank you.

All TV.com rules apply, which means no links to illegal videos, images, etc.

Please remember as well -- no off-topic posting. TV.com has specific off-topic boards -- any posts on this board must relate to the show.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

gumcurls

[2]Oct 3, 2007
    • level: 12
    Elliot and Olivia make a hot couple.

svuismylifemoce

[3]Oct 3, 2007
    • level: 8
    gumcurls wrote:

Agreed my friend. They would make pretty babies. =]

MaRSSBAR

[4]Oct 3, 2007
    • level: 11
    svuismylifemoce wrote:
    gumcurls wrote:

Agreed.

elliv920

[5]Oct 3, 2007
    MaRSSBAR wrote:
    svuismylifemoce wrote:
    gumcurls wrote:

Agreed.

of course!

Addicted2SVU

[6]Oct 3, 2007
    L/P til Elliot comes to his senses! I don't want Liv to be pining for Elliot while he's tending to the hungry pregnant woman. She needs to be occupied, not suffering from envy!

gumcurls

[7]Oct 3, 2007
    I don't really dislike Porter anymore. Whatever happens, happens I guess. Just as long as EO happens in the end.

elliv920

[8]Oct 3, 2007
    Addicted2SVU wrote:
    L/P til Elliot comes to his senses! I don't want Liv to be pining for Elliot while he's tending to the hungry pregnant woman. She needs to be occupied, not suffering from envy!

yeah i guess but right now i dont wan tporter why cant she just get a BF who we dont really know and is only gonna stay until ellit is finished w/ kathy

gumcurls

[9]Oct 3, 2007
    elliv920 wrote:
    Addicted2SVU wrote:

yeah i guess but right now i dont wan tporter why cant she just get a BF who we dont really know and is only gonna stay until ellit is finished w/ kathy

I think I'd rather Porter than some random guy if she HAD to have a boyfriend, I guess. I actually don't really care who it is, just as long as he gets Elliot's jealous juices flowing.
    Edited on 10/03/2007 2:28pm

elliv920

[10]Oct 3, 2007
    gumcurls wrote:
    elliv920 wrote:
    Addicted2SVU wrote:

I think I'd rather Porter than some random guy if she HAD to have a boyfriend, I guess. I actually don't really care who it is.

what if she like turned into a cougar lol

Addicted2SVU

[11]Oct 3, 2007
    elliv920 wrote:

lmfao, that was MAD random!

svuismylifemoce

[12]Oct 3, 2007
    Addicted2SVU wrote:
    elliv920 wrote:

HAHHAA yeah. lol.

elliv920

[13]Oct 3, 2007
    svuismylifemoce wrote:
    Addicted2SVU wrote:
    elliv920 wrote:

HAHHAA yeah. lol.

hahahaa it looks liek a random haha u know what a cougar is right???

IHeartSvu

[15]Oct 3, 2007
    YES WE DO!!!! lol thought i'd speak up for all the smut E/O fans in the world. Oh, and I agree- elliot and olivia WOULD have adorable babies! haha.
    Edited on 10/05/2007 10:59am

Addicted2SVU

[16]Oct 3, 2007
    Sure, people do, but what would happen after Elliot and Olivia have sex? Would shippers still want to ship after they got what they've wanted? Or would they be like, "Oh, I finally got to see what I've been wanting to see, now I don't like it as much." TPTB wants to keep this tension going because it keeps viewers hooked. It maintains the suspense of the storyline, of Will they or Won't they bring their relationship to another level. Sex seems to completely undermine the true complex and remarkable/one of a kind/dynamic relationship that Elliot and Olivia have. What I'd rather want would be for Elliot and Olivia to just actually ADMIT they want each other. A kiss or even a hug would just be good enough for me. Random sex will just be another sorry act of plot manipulation, which is a literary no-no. Let's just hope I don't start another argument with this one. *hides in random cave*

mhopeg

[17]Oct 3, 2007

Addicted2SVU wrote:
    Sure, people do, but what would happen after Elliot and Olivia have sex? Would shippers still want to ship after they got what they've wanted? Or would they be like, "Oh, I finally got to see what I've been wanting to see, now I don't like it as much." TPTB wants to keep this tension going because it keeps viewers hooked. It maintains the suspense of the storyline, of Will they or Won't they bring their relationship to another level. Sex seems to completely undermine the true complex and remarkable/one of a kind/dynamic relationship that Elliot and Olivia have. What I'd rather want would be for Elliot and Olivia to just actually ADMIT they want each other. A kiss or even a hug would just be good enough for me. Random sex will just be another sorry act of plot manipulation, which is a literary no-no. Let's just hope I don't start another argument with this one. *hides in random cave*

I agree with youAddicted2SVU.

I love the idea of EO and want them together, but I want it to be done in a way that doesn't hurt what the show already has. And if they just fall into bed with no forethought or discussion, that's what would happen. It wouldn't make sense for the characters, and would just not work for the show.

It's something that really needs to be eased into, and also needs to be just a slight undertone to the show. As much as it shocks EO shippers, most people don't actually watch the show because they care about the characters' personal lives. If they let their relationship (Potential Relationship if you prefer) become a big focal point for the show that would turn a lot of people off. Although I'd love to see something along the lines of Olivia getting a phone call at home in the middle of the night that she has to leave, there's a new case; she rolls over and wakes up Elliot. "We have to go," just as his phone rings with the same message.

See? Subtle, simple...but still gets the point across.

Anyways, there's always fanfic if you want to see EO going at it like bunnies

IHeartSvu

[18]Oct 4, 2007
    mhopeg wrote:

Addicted2SVU wrote:

I agree with youAddicted2SVU.

I love the idea of EO and want them together, but I want it to be done in a way that doesn't hurt what the show already has. And if they just fall into bed with no forethought or discussion, that's what would happen. It wouldn't make sense for the characters, and would just not work for the show.

It's something that really needs to be eased into, and also needs to be just a slight undertone to the show. As much as it shocks EO shippers, most people don't actually watch the show because they care about the characters' personal lives. If they let their relationship (Potential Relationship if you prefer) become a big focal point for the show that would turn a lot of people off. Although I'd love to see something along the lines of Olivia getting a phone call at home in the middle of the night that she has to leave, there's a new case; she rolls over and wakes up Elliot. "We have to go," just as his phone rings with the same message.

See? Subtle, simple...but still gets the point across.

Anyways, there's always fanfic if you want to see EO going at it like bunnies

haha, nice couldn't agree more. and nice EO waking up to eachother idea. i can totally picture that!

detliv

[19]Oct 5, 2007
    • level: 5

I agree that E/O would not be good for the show now, if they are going to do it it has to be right at the end.

But I am still rooting for O/P. I would want it to last. Besides after what Elliot did, he doesn't deserve Olivia!

Boy, I am still so angry, I need therapy....does Dr. Phil have a forum?

EO_Forever

[20]Oct 5, 2007
    • level: 10
    detliv wrote:

I agree that E/O would not be good for the show now, if they are going to do it it has to be right at the end.

But I am still rooting for O/P. I would want it to last. Besides after what Elliot did, he doesn't deserve Olivia!

Boy, I am still so angry, I need therapy....does Dr. Phil have a forum?

Actually yes...don't ask me how I know lol.