Law & Order: Special Victims Unit Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on NBCBetween Seasons

Official 'Shippers Thread (all shipper discussion here; no spoilers)

Angel_Jaded

[1461]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 16
    ITPROF4U wrote:

I want to throw my vote in for a Kathy/John Ship! I caught her giving him 'the eye' once and swore sparks flew. LOL

Addicted2SVU wrote:
    I'm really disappointed with TPTB about this season, in terms of EO. there has been no progress whatsoever, and I hope that with Alex's return, Alex will notice a definite change in relationship between Elliot and Olivia.

In all seriousness, I totally agree here. My biggest hope out of Alex's return is that there will be at least one moment when Alex confronts either just Liv or just Elliot, but hopefully both at same time, as to what happened between them. She left them as best friends who turned to each other and now that relationship as all but been degraded to causual co-workers. It's probably too much to ask for that we could even get a 30 second moment to address the issue. If anything it could open the door for them to do some reflection on the past 3 years.

omg at the first Kathy/Jonh I almost choked on the water I was drinking cause I laugh so much that's an intresting thought

And yes that's my hope too *fingers and toes crossed that it does happen*
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

charmedancer

[1462]Mar 11, 2009
    • level: 12
    I totally agree with you ITPROF4U. Alex confronting one or both of them about what happened to them, since she left is so very much needed. Olivia needs someone to talk to right now with everything she's been through this past couple of years. And I can see her opening up to Alex. I see AO as friends, not lovers.

Addicted2SVU

[1464]Mar 16, 2009
    • level: 11
    2ManyObsessions wrote:
    Hi All, I'm new here, my first post (yay! I'm proud). First of all i'm a Major EO Shipper, that's putting it mildly. In saying that, I agree with the fact that Alex has got to notice a change between them, I think it would be really unrealistic if she didn't. Liv will be the one that would have to fill Alex in on all that she's missed, I doubt Elliot would even acknowledge the fact that Alex notices a shift. She missed the major events of what lead up to them being so very different towards each other, almost cautious of every little move they make. I have a feeling though she might even dare to ask on of the others what happened, it might be better to hear the truth form someone else first in case she ends up saying the wrong thing in front of them (god knows how many times they've all done that!). I'm still tossing and turning possible theories, but we all know they definitely need to talk about things, if not with each other, then some one!!

Welcome to the board! You make a good point there.

Addicted2SVU

[1466]Mar 18, 2009
    2ManyObsessions wrote:
    Addicted2SVU wrote:
    2ManyObsessions wrote:
    Hi All, I'm new here, my first post (yay! I'm proud). First of all i'm a Major EO Shipper, that's putting it mildly. In saying that, I agree with the fact that Alex has got to notice a change between them, I think it would be really unrealistic if she didn't. Liv will be the one that would have to fill Alex in on all that she's missed, I doubt Elliot would even acknowledge the fact that Alex notices a shift. She missed the major events of what lead up to them being so very different towards each other, almost cautious of every little move they make. I have a feeling though she might even dare to ask on of the others what happened, it might be better to hear the truth form someone else first in case she ends up saying the wrong thing in front of them (god knows how many times they've all done that!). I'm still tossing and turning possible theories, but we all know they definitely need to talk about things, if not with each other, then some one!!

Welcome to the board! You make a good point there.

Thanks! :-)) Let's hope we get some sort of acknowledgment. *kneels down and prays*

*sigh* I wish it were that easy...but I guess that's the only thing we can do at this point

Wallyhorse

[1468]Mar 19, 2009
    • level: 7
    That might have been an inconsistentcy concerning Elliot (as Chris M. is married in real life). Frankly, I never noticed that.

Anyway, those of you who never saw Elliot and Olivia together outside of "SVU" might want to DVR TNT this coming Tuesday (March 24) at 2:00 PM ET/PT as TNT is scheduled at that time to air the original series episode "Fools for Love" where Chris M. and Mariska crossed over to play Elliot and Olivia in (that was season 10 of the original series and during season 1 of "SVU").

Addicted2SVU

[1469]Mar 19, 2009
    Wallyhorse wrote:
    That might have been an inconsistentcy concerning Elliot (as Chris M. is married in real life). Frankly, I never noticed that.

Anyway, those of you who never saw Elliot and Olivia together outside of "SVU" might want to DVR TNT this coming Tuesday (March 24) at 2:00 PM ET/PT as TNT is scheduled at that time to air the original series episode "Fools for Love" where Chris M. and Mariska crossed over to play Elliot and Olivia in (that was season 10 of the original series and during season 1 of "SVU").

Ooooh! Thanks for telling us. Too bad I'll be back in college at that time, and I don't have a tv in my room

eoshipper4ever

[1471]Mar 21, 2009
    • level: 4
    Do you guys still think Liv and Elliot are best friends? Cause at this point I would have to say no, and i've been trying to figure out where it all fell apart, and for some reason I keep going back to the moment in Screwed when Elliot told Liv that Kathy was pregnant again. After that moment it seems like Olivia started to shut herself off from him, and I think it was because she always wanted him, but was just afraid of taking their relationship to the next level which I think is because of what happened between her and Brian Cassidy, and so when Elliot layed this bombshell on her it kinda of crushed all her dreams that she had about her and Elliot being together. But then when this season started it seemed like things were back to the way they used to be, but then after the episode Swing it seems like they went their seperate ways, and now they rarely look or even talk to each other so is that because Olivia got ticked off at Elliot for how he handled Kathleen's situation or because he didn't tell her about his mother or is it becuase of something else?

Wallyhorse

[1472]Mar 22, 2009
    • level: 7
    I think they have. Elliot and Olivia, especially in later seasons have always to me seemed more brother and sister than potential lovers.

Speaking of them, anyone see "Payback," the original pilot this past weekend (USA Network aired it Sunday morning and it was one of the two episodes of the weekend syndication package that aired this week)? Elliot was clearly the senior partner back then while Olivia was dealing with a lot of inner turmoil and clearly was struggling with whether she could be a part of the Sex Crimes Unit at that time.

Addicted2SVU

[1473]Mar 22, 2009
    Well, for one thing, the sexual tension is definitely gone at this point. The UST between the two seem to have built up so much through the 8th season that by the 9th season, the tension seemed to have molded into some mutual platonic mush, and I'm pretty disappointed about that because to me, mutual platonic mush is a tad bit boring to watch, IMO.

ITPROF4U

[1475]Mar 28, 2009

You make some good points here.

2ManyObsessions wrote:
    I Think that maybe the writers are trying to distance the characters from this relationship that almost all of us are praying for.

I don't know if this is intentional or story driven though. They don't know if if CM and MH will be back next season (they might, but haven't let us know), so they have a dilemma. If they do bring them closer this season, and they decide to re-up, then they have to backtrack again as to postpone e/o until sometime in season 11. But if they don't start bringing them closer, and they leave, then us who support e/o will be left feeling let down and disappointed.We have what, 4 or 5 episodes left? And I'm sure the remaining episodes have already been written. This is what scares me.

2ManyObsessions wrote:
    it really was never meant to turn out this way, Chris and Mariska's on screen chemistry, plus the emotional and character based stories, made this so called 'platonic' partnership into a relationship that no one quite knows where it stands, i don't think even the writers know at this point. It was never intended that these two fall for each other or develop feelings for each other. But it did happen and thats the way most of us think and what most of us a leaning towards, it's another reason the show is so popular, plus everything else added on top.

Both Chris and Mariska talk about how even at their first reading for auditions, that they knew there was a chemistry. I don't think anyone could of planned what that translates to on screen. But I do think that there were hints of e/o from the beginning. Season One to me has some of the best moments between them. And of course at this time purely platonic. But....I think, if anything, those may have been plants to a potential e/o relationship. I honestly would not be surprised if Elliot and Olivia had a discussion about their early days, she just come out and ask him, "why did you look at me like that back then?"

Exhibit A: Exhibit B: Exhibit C:

OK, I digress...But, yes, they knew what they were doing, even way back then.

2ManyObsessions wrote:
    I don't know if the UST is gone completely, but they have definitely pushed it aside and repressed it, which i agree it is disappointing, hopefully it won't be like that for long.

It's not just suppressing the UST, but the E/O Friendship that really bothers me. Where are the front step talks? Where is the protectiveness (mainly from El)? Where is any of it? Sure we've seen him bring her coffee once, maybe twice, but other than that, what have we seen in season 10? He was no where to be found in PTSD. When she complains about not getting any sleep he cracks about blind dates. Why after Wildlife we didn't get even so much as a "hey that was kind of weird, me seeing you in your underwear" from either one of them. Is the relationship so strained that they can't even joke with one another.

2ManyObsessions wrote:
    As to do i do think they are still best friends? I do, but they are so much more than that now that it makes everything so much harder, they can't be that way anymore with each other, without wanting to be more, and both are way to stubborn for that, not to mention everything they are afraid of losing, including each other.

You are so right here...They would still save the other at any cost. There is a point in a male/female platonic relationship where you might have to step back and say do either of us want more out of this? BUT, it's best to actually discuss the situation with the other. This is where it all goes wrong. When everything is left unsaid, when the answers scare you more than the questions, then you just let it lay dormant...and everything dormant eventually erupts.

2ManyObsessions wrote:
    I still think that it all started with Fault, everything spiraled downhill from that. They were never the same after that, that made them realize and face everything that they were trying so hard not too, they haven't been normal since then. That was their breaking point

There is no doubt that Fault is the catapult for all that we have been through the past three years. Geeze, it's been three years, seems like yesterday. Anyways, Fault was the first crack, everything else just wedged that crack wider and wider...Comp Crimes, FBI, new partners, brothers, pregnant soon-to-be-ex-wives, prison guards. Sometimes you just need to be broke down to be built back up. My hope is that this is the approach they are working towards.

2ManyObsessions wrote:
    but i really hope they go the way that all of us are hoping for, it would really kill me if they didn't and we didn't get that emotional, confronting, admitting conversation that they and we all need (and maybe a kiss??)

I couldn't agree more here. While any type of physical expression would be great to see, my first hope is that by the time they are done that we at least have a five min scene where they actually ADMIT that they are more to each other than partners. I don't want declarations of love or anything like that. I just want an honest conversation where they go back to what happened in that warehouse, what has happened in the years after that, and be open with each other. Even if it comes down to "we know it will never be" at least all us E/O supporters can say "see, we told you it was there!!"

I want Olivia to be happy, I want Elliot to be happy. I just don't see a very happy Elliot in Season 10. Have we seen anything that indicates that he is happy with his home life? It's really not a matter of wanting E/O, but those who support E/K (which is fine if you do), answer this, how is E/K staying together the best thing for Elliot? Have you ever been around a couple where it's only the kids that keep them together? It's not pleasant. It's harder on the kids then if they were to just go their seperate ways. If TPTB gave us even one or two little clues that Elliot was really happy being home, then I would say, let's move on folks. But the fact that they keep throwing little clues that Elliot is the same man (when it comes to work and shutting his family, well Kathy, out) as he was before Kathy left him, leads me to believe that they do this to leave the door open for E/O. I think if they showed even a hint of happiness from Elliot, it would shut that door.

I'll support E/O until the final fade to black. I'm an optimist.

Edited on 03/28/2009 10:06am
    Edited 2 total times.

basenji529

[1476]Mar 28, 2009
    • level: 15

Addicted2SVU wrote:
    Well, for one thing, the sexual tension is definitely gone at this point. The UST between the two seem to have built up so much through the 8th season that by the 9th season, the tension seemed to have molded into some mutual platonic mush, and I'm pretty disappointed about that because to me, mutual platonic mush is a tad bit boring to watch, IMO.

That was my opinion too. The looks aren't just there.

Edited on 03/28/2009 11:12am

vaulfy

[1477]Mar 29, 2009
    • level: 29
    wow you summed everything up pretty nicely the ITPROFU perfect...i have nothing else to add lol

ozzy42590

[1479]Mar 29, 2009
    • level: 1
    Was it an internet article? And if so, can you post the link. I would like to read it. Thanks

ITPROF4U

[1480]Mar 29, 2009

2ManyObsessions wrote:
    vaulfy wrote:
    wow you summed everything up pretty nicely the ITPROFU perfect...i have nothing else to add lol
    Agreed. I'm also going to ship EO till that final fade of black. We gotta have hope :-)) My hope was just encouraged because i was reading an article where they semi-interviewed MH and asked her about the whole situation because they said that fans were let down with Wildlife (i wasn't let down. undercover or not. was still hilarious to watch, shippy or not!!)MH said that they don't want to turn the show into something it's not. That their relationship is very loving, but that's not what there about. They have a complicated relationship and it's loving but i'm not sure that's the best way for them to have each other. However, she also stated that CM was being very hilarious about it all and he lives in hope (with the rest of us shippers) that it will happen or that will at least write in a kiss. According to MH he's always saying to her everyday on set 'Let's Rehearse. I think we should rehearse! (I love him...lol)then CM states 'I'm not sure how they are going to work it in, but i'm going to do my darnest to make sure it's a great kiss!' So, who knows?? But this made my day. It gave me hope!! Maybe CM can petition DW? *wink* And i laughed so hard when i read about what CM does everyday. I think he maybe as bad as we all are!! :-)) x

I saw that too, but you know, CM and MH have been messing with us since they knew people actually wanted them to be together. One day it's Chris who will says it will never happen and Mariska who says, "maybe someday". Then the next week it's Mariska who says it will never happen, and Chris is then saying "well maybe". They do love the back and forth.

Just having Mariska use "loving" while describing their relationship, to me is a good thing. Maybe someday they will see it as a way for them to have each other. I do love though how Chris states, "I don't know how they are going to work it in", when speaking of a kiss. All I have to say to that is go read FF and they can get a million and one ways to "work it in".