Law & Order: Special Victims Unit Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on NBCBetween Seasons

Official Spoilers Thread (all discussion here)

ITPROF4U

[81]Apr 24, 2008
    • level: 12
    SVU_IsMyGod wrote:
    SVU_number_1fan wrote:
    SL3UTH wrote:
    ITPROF4U wrote:

Not to read too much into the whole Authority situation, but...Is it not interesting, William's character wants Elliot to "feel his pain". RW's character had something happen with his wife (based on clips)...so why take Elliot's work partner hostage? Why not a family member? Somehow he must know or "see" the connection between Elliot and Olivia. For all he knows they could be temporary partners or new partners or even hate each others guts, so how would he know the lengths Elliot would go to protect/save his partner? It would be a very common thought that a police officer would protect any person, no matter of relationship, but if you really wanted to inflict pain, you would choose the closest relationship to that person. I wonder if it was something he planned to do (to take Olivia) or if it was just something that happened "in the moment". I guess that would make the difference.

I'm an E/O shipper, and the bubbly side of me would insist that RW took Olivia because he saw something there that he wanted to destroy, or something he was jealous of - a working relationship, where two people are in control (they have power, authority). But the more rational (and pessimistic) side of me would say that RW went for the 'easiest' person, meaning the one he KNOWS would hurt Elliot, the one he knows he spends time with. RW would basically have to stalk/do research to find Elliot's wife and children, something a 'desperate man' wouldn't do.
    yea or he could jus look at els file like that janics lady did go to his house like i said b4!!! in the rw thread
    I think he took her because he knew she was a cop because they already interrogated him. He wanted to challenge authority, and what better way to make a point than to kidnap a detective? It would have a much bigger impact than kidnapping a 'regular person', and he probably thinks it'll reinforce his opinion that cops care more about their own than regular citizens. just guessing here

Now we are having a good discussion. All valid points. I like the thought of taking Olivia versus a 'regular person' to challenge the whole "Authority" aspect of the episode. That is a great point.

I don't know though between the clips and the episode stills, I think him taking her is something that just happens and then uses to his advantage. In any event it will be interesting to see how Elliot deals with him. We already know what he will do to suspects to find missing people (Scavenger), let's see how he handles it when it's someone who is of personal interest.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SL3UTH

[82]Apr 24, 2008
    • level: 9
    SVU_IsMyGod wrote:
    SVU_number_1fan wrote:
    SL3UTH wrote:
    ITPROF4U wrote:

Not to read too much into the whole Authority situation, but...Is it not interesting, William's character wants Elliot to "feel his pain". RW's character had something happen with his wife (based on clips)...so why take Elliot's work partner hostage? Why not a family member? Somehow he must know or "see" the connection between Elliot and Olivia. For all he knows they could be temporary partners or new partners or even hate each others guts, so how would he know the lengths Elliot would go to protect/save his partner? It would be a very common thought that a police officer would protect any person, no matter of relationship, but if you really wanted to inflict pain, you would choose the closest relationship to that person. I wonder if it was something he planned to do (to take Olivia) or if it was just something that happened "in the moment". I guess that would make the difference.

I'm an E/O shipper, and the bubbly side of me would insist that RW took Olivia because he saw something there that he wanted to destroy, or something he was jealous of - a working relationship, where two people are in control (they have power, authority). But the more rational (and pessimistic) side of me would say that RW went for the 'easiest' person, meaning the one he KNOWS would hurt Elliot, the one he knows he spends time with. RW would basically have to stalk/do research to find Elliot's wife and children, something a 'desperate man' wouldn't do.
    yea or he could jus look at els file like that janics lady did go to his house like i said b4!!! in the rw thread

I think he took her because he knew she was a cop because they already interrogated him. He wanted to challenge authority, and what better way to make a point than to kidnap a detective? It would have a much bigger impact than kidnapping a 'regular person', and he probably thinks it'll reinforce his opinion that cops care more about their own than regular citizens. just guessing here
    Well, there's that. He's doing it to erase his memory of not being able to stand up to authority figures. One of the spoiler video shows RW talking to Elliot and talking about how cops abuse their authority/power.

pinkydog123

[83]Apr 24, 2008
    • level: 14
    SVU_number_1fan wrote:
    SVU_IsMyGod wrote:
    pinkydog123 wrote:
    smawls wrote:
    the only time Liv really laughed was when she was with simon (in Philadelphia?). it took em 8 seasons for her to laugh like that once, i expect it'll take just as long for her to laugh like that again since the writers are so hell-bent on torturing Liv. haha

ya, basically ^_^

And that's the biggest reason I don't want to see her with El. I think she needs someone who is a lot more fun, who can really make her laugh, and I just don't think El can do that for her. *runs from angry shippers*
    ahah i agree i am not a shipper tither i thnink she needs someone she connets wit on an emotion leve yea and i dont think its RW lol

ya, but look at the bar scene you can see el DOES make her happy like i was just watching taboo, and at the beginning when el takes the babys hand the way liv just smiles at him, it so cute! ^_^

smawls

[84]Apr 24, 2008
    • level: 17
    so how do we think RW gets liv in the first place? Remember those pics from grand central station where he was holding her arm and leading her along? im assuming thats where he got her, but did her and el split up to go look for him and he jumped out from behind and stuck a gun to her head or something? and if this was even how he got her, maybe he didnt have a specific detective in mind to grab. he was just going to take the one that came his way.

is it tuesday yet? *looks at calendar* nope, only thursday. *long sigh*

SL3UTH

[85]Apr 24, 2008
    • level: 9
    smawls wrote:
    so how do we think RW gets liv in the first place? Remember those pics from grand central station where he was holding her arm and leading her along? im assuming thats where he got her, but did her and el split up to go look for him and he jumped out from behind and stuck a gun to her head or something? and if this was even how he got her, maybe he didnt have a specific detective in mind to grab. he was just going to take the one that came his way.

Well, it's really easy to 'get lost' in Grand Central. Everyone goes about their own business, but there are a lot of commuters that travel by train... So if they *did* split up, it would be easy for Elliot or Olivia to lose sight of one another in the crowd.

And yes, we still have a long wait. *Sighs*

SVU_number_1fan

[86]Apr 24, 2008
    smawls wrote:

ahha i think someone said that he grabs her gun adn leads her to liek a basemtn place or something yea really cant wait can we say fault deja vu

khaki_dojo

[87]Apr 24, 2008
    • level: 57
    skydala wrote:
    Yeah, I had also heard that there were only going to be 5 more episodes, but IMDB still has them slated to have episodes all the way up through 9.22 (which would be "Authority" plus 5 more episodes.) Not to say that IMDB is always correct on everything... But maybe they're filming faster than they expected to?? Because I have heard about some of the guest actors that were listed being on this season. So... Who knows? I guess we'll just have to wait and find out! The more the merrier in my opinion...

It's hard as heck sometimes to get information, but according to NBC's official program listings, we're currently looking at:

04/29/08 - Authority
    05/06/08 - Trade
    05/13/08 - Cold

There is a blank spot on 05/20, which has me wondering if there isn't supposed to be a new episode that night. Most of the shows seem to have come back with six episodes.

What I've noticed about the IMDb is that some things get added more than once, or there's a back-up in the additions. I don't know if it's necessarily misinformation, or just processing. According to NBC, 'Cold' will be the Lake-centric episode.

SVU_number_1fan

[88]Apr 24, 2008
    YEA I herd that in the tvguide magg thtat there is 5 more coming like u said
    Edited on 04/24/2008 5:23pm

CrazyChick111

[89]Apr 24, 2008
    • level: 3

It bugs me how calm and cool Olivia was when she said "Elliot just do what he says!"

I mean it was like Olivia was thinking "ok I'm sitting in a chair...in a dark room....with a crazy perp...... about to be blown to pieces....just another day..........

After what happened in undercover you would think she would be having a mental break down. Elliot was just like "why are you doing this" and "where is she" I have seen him be more intimidating to perps in order to find somebody he doesn't even know! It could be that he knows that Olivia isn't in immediate danger (like stuck in a oxygen tank) or because they just aren't showing us the enraged Elliot.

Edited on 04/24/2008 5:25pm

SVU_number_1fan

[90]Apr 24, 2008
    CrazyChick111 wrote:

It bugs me how calm and cool Olivia was when she said "Elliot just do what he says!" After what happened in undercover you would think she would be having a mental break down. Elliot was just like "why are you doing this" and "where is she" I have seen him be more intimidating to perps in order to find somebody he doesn't even know! It could be that he knows that Olivia isn't in immediate danger (like stuck in a oxygen tank) or because they just aren't showing us the enraged Elliot.

yea i thk he knows he has to b calm to find her and bring her back unharmder and bring himself back unharmed so he cant b regular in ragend stabler he has to b calm stabler and mayb he threaed someone close to liv and el that if she was not calm he would hurt them or something like that

CrazyChick111

[91]Apr 24, 2008
    • level: 3
    SVU_number_1fan wrote:
    CrazyChick111 wrote:

It bugs me how calm and cool Olivia was when she said "Elliot just do what he says!" After what happened in undercover you would think she would be having a mental break down. Elliot was just like "why are you doing this" and "where is she" I have seen him be more intimidating to perps in order to find somebody he doesn't even know! It could be that he knows that Olivia isn't in immediate danger (like stuck in a oxygen tank) or because they just aren't showing us the enraged Elliot.

yea i thk he knows he has to b calm to find her and bring her back unharmder and bring himself back unharmed so he cant b regular in ragend stabler he has to b calm stabler and mayb he threaed someone close to liv and el that if she was not calm he would hurt them or something like that

Oh. I see. That makes sense! So how do you think he manages to tie Olivia up? He can't really hold a gun to her head and tie her at the same time...

pinkydog123

[92]Apr 24, 2008
    CrazyChick111 wrote:
    SVU_number_1fan wrote:
    CrazyChick111 wrote:

Oh. I see. That makes sense! So how do you think he manages to tie Olivia up? He can't really hold a gun to her head and tie her at the same time...

ya, and el has to be careful about his rage, he has to keep in check because he is like an ant under the microscope, IAB as been on his case so many times, and theyve been finding the teeny tiny things to get his badge taken away and through the yrs, i think elliot really realized that his job is on the line with his anger

vaulfy

[93]Apr 24, 2008
    • level: 29
    pinkydog123 wrote:
    SVU_number_1fan wrote:
    SVU_IsMyGod wrote:
    pinkydog123 wrote:
    smawls wrote:
    the only time Liv really laughed was when she was with simon (in Philadelphia?). it took em 8 seasons for her to laugh like that once, i expect it'll take just as long for her to laugh like that again since the writers are so hell-bent on torturing Liv. haha

ya, basically ^_^

And that's the biggest reason I don't want to see her with El. I think she needs someone who is a lot more fun, who can really make her laugh, and I just don't think El can do that for her. *runs from angry shippers*
    ahah i agree i am not a shipper tither i thnink she needs someone she connets wit on an emotion leve yea and i dont think its RW lol

ya, but look at the bar scene you can see el DOES make her happy like i was just watching taboo, and at the beginning when el takes the babys hand the way liv just smiles at him, it so cute! ^_^

lol so true..
    As much as the EO side wants to hit me for this (just for the record i dont have another side lol its all EO) i reckon he just takes her coz no matter what cops always have the'r partners backs and he's probably been screwed around by that whole thing before....or Elliot and olivia are so in love and he caught them doing it thats why he knows!!!-----it could happen right

pinkydog123

[94]Apr 24, 2008
    vaulfy wrote:
    pinkydog123 wrote:
    SVU_number_1fan wrote:
    SVU_IsMyGod wrote:
    pinkydog123 wrote:
    smawls wrote:

ya, basically ^_^

lol so true..
    As much as the EO side wants to hit me for this (just for the record i dont have another side lol its all EO) i reckon he just takes her coz no matter what cops always have the'r partners backs and he's probably been screwed around by that whole thing before....or Elliot and olivia are so in love and he caught them doing it thats why he knows!!!-----it could happen right

lol nice theory

SVU_IsMyGod

[95]Apr 24, 2008
    • level: 8
    vaulfy wrote:
    pinkydog123 wrote:
    SVU_number_1fan wrote:
    SVU_IsMyGod wrote:
    pinkydog123 wrote:
    smawls wrote:

ya, basically ^_^

lol so true..

*sigh* So close. That was ALMOST objective Ah well, at least E/O shippers are loyal fans, lol

SVU_number_1fan

[96]Apr 24, 2008
    SVU_IsMyGod wrote:
    vaulfy wrote:
    pinkydog123 wrote:
    SVU_number_1fan wrote:
    SVU_IsMyGod wrote:
    pinkydog123 wrote:
    smawls wrote:

ya, basically ^_^

lol so true..

*sigh* So close. That was ALMOST objective Ah well, at least E/O shippers are loyal fans, lol
    lol true dat to all u shippers out there

vaulfy

[97]Apr 24, 2008
    • level: 29
    SVU_IsMyGod wrote:
    vaulfy wrote:
    pinkydog123 wrote:
    SVU_number_1fan wrote:
    SVU_IsMyGod wrote:
    pinkydog123 wrote:
    smawls wrote:

ya, basically ^_^

lol so true..

lol i couldn't resist even if your not EO you gotta give us that much we dont back down but yeah couldnt help myself but i am really pumped for this ep

SVU_number_1fan

[98]Apr 24, 2008
    o yea who is not pumped 4 dis eppy!!!!!!11
    Edited on 04/24/2008 9:46pm

pinkydog123

[99]Apr 24, 2008
    SVU_number_1fan wrote:

ya, honestly

SVU_number_1fan

[100]Apr 24, 2008
    pinkydog123 wrote:
    SVU_number_1fan wrote:

ya, honestly
    i no woop woop