Law & Order: Special Victims Unit Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on NBCBetween Seasons

Olivia Benson's hairstyles over the years

Avivaldi72

[1]Jun 19, 2007
    • level: 12

In season one, Olivia had longer hair, but not too long. After seeing it get chopped in season two, I decided I really liked it short. It stayed on the short side until these past few years. Tonight, I'm watching Loophole, and that ponytail just doesn't do it for me. It's so unbecoming on her. It's hard to take someone in a ponytail seriously.

I know this isn't the most engaging topic, but apparently that isn't a requirement.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

gumcurls

[2]Jun 19, 2007
    I actually liked the pony tail. It allowed her to have long hair -- which I love -- while keeping her hair out of her face when she's running. I think my favorite hair was season seven, short-ish long-ish and medium brown. I also liked it in season six. And season one looked so playful for some reason. Really cute. My least favorite was definitely season two. I really didn't like the short hair at all.

abanana

[3]Jun 19, 2007
    • level: 9
    Avivaldi72 wrote:

In season one, Olivia had longer hair, but not too long. After seeing it get chopped in season two, I decided I really liked it short. It stayed on the short side until these past few years. Tonight, I'm watching Loophole, and that ponytail just doesn't do it for me. It's so unbecoming on her. It's hard to take someone in a ponytail seriously.

I know this isn't the most engaging topic, but apparently that isn't a requirement.

Well guess what... it's your lucky day. Or season for that matter because Mariska has chopped off all her long hair and its like season 2 lenghth again. I agree with you though. I love short hair on her (maybe season 3 was a bit too short though). I love the long hair on Mariska amd the short hair on Olivia.

EO_Forever

[4]Jun 19, 2007
    • level: 10
    abanana wrote:
    Avivaldi72 wrote:

Well guess what... it's your lucky day. Or season for that matter because Mariska has chopped off all her long hair and its like season 2 lenghth again. I agree with you though. I love short hair on her (maybe season 3 was a bit too short though). I love the long hair on Mariska amd the short hair on Olivia.

I agree too! Olivia's character makes so much more sense with short hair.

fransmith05

[5]Jun 20, 2007
    • level: 11
    Avivaldi72 wrote:

I didn't like the ponytail at first either... but once her hair grew out a little bit it looked hott! Like in "Florida" and "Screwed." She was hotter than ever!

phatboi2006

[6]Jun 20, 2007
    • level: 8

LAW-ORDER made this banner showing Liv's hair

drama_queen08

[7]Jun 20, 2007
    • level: 13
    phatboi2006 wrote:

i personally love the longer hair Liv. It made her look more, i dunno, motherly to the child victims, and it worked with her well. And didn't Mariska say that S8 was the hairstyle that they finally got it right for Liv? I remember her saying that somewhere

Avivaldi72

[8]Jun 20, 2007
    Thanks for the pic. I think the third is my favorite, but anything other than the last season.

nicole812us

[9]Jun 21, 2007
    • level: 5
    I liked her harir in Season 6 and 7. I hope she grows it out a bit. She's pretty no matter what but I like her with longer hair than season 2 and 3. Though the way she has been wearing it out and about lately is cute.

drama_queen08

[10]Jun 21, 2007
    i loved her her in 911..it's jsut so pretty...i'm going to grow my hair really really long, cut 10 inches off and donate it to locks of love, then get it styled like her hair in 911 (that should take a few years )

EO_Forever

[11]Jun 21, 2007
    • level: 10
    drama_queen08 wrote:
    i loved her her in 911..it's jsut so pretty...i'm going to grow my hair really really long, cut 10 inches off and donate it to locks of love, then get it styled like her hair in 911 (that should take a few years )

Thats my favorite hairstyle of hers too. It was so pretty!

drama_queen08

[12]Jun 21, 2007
    EO_Forever wrote:
    drama_queen08 wrote:

i know! I just love it I could actually get it styled like that right now, my hair is long enough, but i've been trying to grow my hair out for locks of love and that needs to be 10 inches (and i've had a pixy cut as a child...it was not flattering on me )

gumcurls

[13]Jun 21, 2007
    drama_queen08 wrote:
    EO_Forever wrote:
    drama_queen08 wrote:

i know! I just love it I could actually get it styled like that right now, my hair is long enough, but i've been trying to grow my hair out for locks of love and that needs to be 10 inches (and i've had a pixy cut as a child...it was not flattering on me )

I have enough hair for 911 hair now, so I might get it cut like that. But if I cut my hair like that, I'd only have like two or three extra inches, so I couldn't donate to Locks of Love. I think if I grew my hair out for Locks of Love, I'd get too attached to my hair and I couldn't cut it.

marianne0424

[14]Jun 21, 2007
    • level: 1
    i actually liked olivia with long hair. i think it's important to her especially since she works in such a male dominated field to show her femininity (if that is a word ).Especially since she see's herself (though she has changed over the years into a person with higher self esteem and a full awareness of her self ) as nearly not worth of being a good person and morely less feminine since she never really was loved by a man i don't know if i am gettin what i wanted to say across in the right way !! but anyways he hair rocked in season seven but i think her hair is like a season 6 now !!

xbrittanysmithx

[15]Jun 21, 2007
    • level: 11

EO_Forever wrote:
    drama_queen08 wrote:

I agree that was definitely the prettiest. my second favorite is the ponytail

mariska143

[16]Jun 21, 2007
    • level: 16
    Mariska appeared in TVGuide recently, the issue with Nascar prominently featured- I believe July's issue, or something like that. She is shown hugging Mickey Mouse, I think. She's got the new haircut and- here's my own opinion- what I didn't like about season 2's hair was the color scheme. They fixed it in season 3 and made the color combination not QUITE so jarring, and I loved season 3/4 hair. (5 is my favorite. Or 6. Or 7. I give up.) Anyways, she looks totally darling hugging that big cartoon character- ya'll should check it out. They got the hair color right, so now it's just shorter. I think she looks gorgeous. But I always do.

nicole812us

[17]Jun 22, 2007
    • level: 5
    mariska143 wrote:
    Mariska appeared in TVGuide recently, the issue with Nascar prominently featured- I believe July's issue, or something like that. She is shown hugging Mickey Mouse, I think. She's got the new haircut and- here's my own opinion- what I didn't like about season 2's hair was the color scheme. They fixed it in season 3 and made the color combination not QUITE so jarring, and I loved season 3/4 hair. (5 is my favorite. Or 6. Or 7. I give up.) Anyways, she looks totally darling hugging that big cartoon character- ya'll should check it out. They got the hair color right, so now it's just shorter. I think she looks gorgeous. But I always do.

I've seen those pictures and they are cute.

LAW-ORDER

[18]Jun 22, 2007
    • level: 8
    phatboi2006 wrote:

HEY! That's me. My favorite hairstyle of Olivia's would have to be season 5 or 6 because it wasn't too short or too long, and she still looked like one kick-ass detective.