Law & Order: Special Victims Unit Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on NBCIn Season

"Presumed Guilty" Official Discussion (Spoilers)

  • Avatar of layle1

    layle1

    [1]Jan 2, 2013
    • member since: 05/22/06
    • level: 72
    • rank: Happy Little Tree
    • posts: 2,507
    Please use this thread for all discussion of the episode "Presumed Guilty."
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MysticLady03

    MysticLady03

    [2]Jan 2, 2013
    • member since: 09/18/05
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 689
    Whoever was holding Liv's hand is someone the audience knows or I think we do. Usually if Liv is dating someone we know in the episode we find out.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dphillips83

    dphillips83

    [3]Jan 2, 2013
    • member since: 01/06/07
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 15

    Its David Haden most likely.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of letlove_rule

    letlove_rule

    [4]Jan 2, 2013
    • member since: 01/02/13
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 1

    My bets (and hopes) are on David Hayden. I found myself screaming at the TV to show his face or let him say something. I absolutely adore them together. What does everyone else think?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MysticLady03

    MysticLady03

    [5]Jan 2, 2013
    • member since: 09/18/05
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 689
    David Haden is a possibility but I thought they ended it at the beginning of the season since Liv kissed Cassidy that one episode.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of blackcat1366

    blackcat1366

    [6]Jan 2, 2013
    • member since: 09/25/10
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 79

    Since David Hayden resigned form the DA's office, it wouldn't be a conflict of interest if the two of them dated. I really hope it is him.


    A pretty good episode. I'm glad that Fin's brother-in-law was cleared and got to spend Christmas with his family.


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of haldrey

    haldrey

    [7]Jan 3, 2013
    • member since: 02/23/08
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 3,923
    The hand holding was just one scene, how about the rest of the episode which in my opinion was not one of their best, and how about stop involving the church in every pedophile case.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Wildtvfan85

    Wildtvfan85

    [8]Jan 3, 2013
    • member since: 12/11/10
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 41

    MysticLady03 wrote:
    David Haden is a possibility but I thought they ended it at the beginning of the season since Liv kissed Cassidy that one episode.



    That wasn't love when Liv kissed Cassidy, she didn't really love him. The hand is smaller than Cassidy, all she had with him was two stupid one night stands. David yeah I can see that, It doesn't matter that David Resigned it wouldn't be a problem now.



    A lot of people on twitter were also pointing out that the name of the street where the Church was located at is the name of Meloni's wife, but also the two children in this episode also had the same names as Meloni's kids. I don't think this means anything but still.. Part of me thinks it was Stabler holding Liv's hand, while the other thinks it was Barba.



    Liv did have a strange look on her face when Amanda said he was skiing. Who really knows, just to tell everyone Danny Pino actually was the one whom was holding onto Liv's hand in the plane. They couldn't find the actor, so Danny was used. Mariska tweeted a photo of her and Danny just a month ago from that scene

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of 83optics

    83optics

    [9]Jan 3, 2013
    • member since: 05/30/11
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 290

    learned:


    * that hearse guy is Eli from Degrassi all grown up.


    * wait, did i?...did that?...Warner flirting on Fin?


    * "he likes kids." probably not the best thing to say at that moment.


    * the demon of sex: i'm thinking that's not quite the same as being a sex demon...


    * Liv's hand, the other hand, the touch, the audience gasps...and all the leftover Liv/Stabler shippers board and pack in and cram the plane.


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MysticLady03

    MysticLady03

    [10]Jan 3, 2013
    • member since: 09/18/05
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 689

    Wildtvfan85 wrote:


    That wasn't love when Liv kissed Cassidy, she didn't really love him. The hand is smaller than Cassidy, all she had with him was two stupid one night stands. David yeah I can see that, It doesn't matter that David Resigned it wouldn't be a problem now.


    I know it wasn't love but if she was with still with Haden then it was a bit messed up to kiss Cassidy like she did. If it were on the cheek or even a peck then fine. But the kiss she gave was pretty passionate. Like I said, it is either someone the audience knows or someone we don't but it was meant to get fans excited.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Wildtvfan85

    Wildtvfan85

    [11]Jan 3, 2013
    • member since: 12/11/10
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 41

    MysticLady03 wrote:


    [

    I know it wasn't love but if she was with still with Haden then it was a bit messed up to kiss Cassidy like she did. If it were on the cheek or even a peck then fine. But the kiss she gave was pretty passionate. Like I said, it is either someone the audience knows or someone we don't but it was meant to get fans excited.


    [/QUOTE]



    She wasn't with Haden when she kissed Cassidy, she broke up with David last season. Her kiss with Cassidy happened during the first episode of this season. Her relationship by then with David had been over for awhile.



    The kiss was just to get the audience excited. I wouldn't call it love, she didn't look at Cassidy the way she looked at David or at Stabler. That's jut me

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MysticLady03

    MysticLady03

    [12]Jan 3, 2013
    • member since: 09/18/05
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 689

    Wildtvfan85 wrote:



    She wasn't with Haden when she kissed Cassidy, she broke up with David last season. Her kiss with Cassidy happened during the first episode of this season. Her relationship by then with David had been over for awhile.



    The kiss was just to get the audience excited. I wouldn't call it love, she didn't look at Cassidy the way she looked at David or at Stabler. That's just me


    Oh I didn't know. Must have missed it. But yes I can see it being David or Stabler. I don't see her taking a trip with someone she just started seeing and that the audience have not seen fully.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SoDanca

    SoDanca

    [13]Jan 3, 2013
    • member since: 04/25/09
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 1

    I really hope that Stabler was the mystery man going on vacation with Olivia! I this were 2-3 years ago, I would've said that there was no way Elliot would leave town with Liv on Christmas Eve and miss out on spending Christmas with little Eli (and his adult children). However, a lot can happen in 2 years. Hopefully, since the end of season 12, Elliot has finally divorced whiny, clingy Kathy. If Elliot and Kathy are divorced, Eli may be with her and/or she may have taken him away to visit family over the holidays. In which case, Elliot would've been free to take a trip with Liv. Hey, I can dream, can't I?


    Although I like Harry Connick, Jr. as an actor, I didn't like him as A.D.A. Haden and I liked him even less with Olivia. I just didn't see any chemistry between them. And the last time we saw Cassidy, he was kissing Olivia when the body of his call-girl girlfriend, Carissa, was barely cold. He conveniently forgot to mention to Liv that he'd fallen in love with a hooker while undercover. Somehow, I don't see Liv just letting that slide so easily.


    Sometimes I think the writers throw moments like this into the show just to generate buzz among fans (shippers) and send the fan fiction universe into a tizzy. I'd be surprised if that little airplane scene didn't spawn a ton of new fan fiction stories! And I can't wait to read them!


    Edited on 01/03/2013 2:59pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Wildtvfan85

    Wildtvfan85

    [14]Jan 3, 2013
    • member since: 12/11/10
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 41

    SoDanca wrote:


    . And the last time we saw Cassidy, he was kissing Olivia when the body of his call-girl girlfriend, Carissa, was barely cold. He conveniently forgot to mention to Liv that he'd fallen in love with a hooker while undercover. Somehow, I don't see Liv just letting that slide so easily.






    He wasn't kissing Liv, she was the one whom was kissing him. I wouldn't call it love, it was just another repeat of S1's one night stand. It seriously didn't mean anything. I'm sure she let that slide, why she wasn't really involved with him. The only reason for why she kissed him was b/c she was overly emotional due to the shooting. Plus the fact he used to work in her squad. Besides that, I would never say that they were ever involved. Merely just friends.



    It's not Cassidy, c'mon the hand size does not match up. I can't see Cassidy wearing that type of shirt either. Carissa was already cold when they did share that kiss. I don't get why everyone thinks there was something when the real thing is that it wasn't. Just a spur of emotions, and she ended up kissing him. Nothing to it.. Think about it, Liv isn't the type that would go on vacation with someone she had two one night stands with.



    Cassidy had feelings for her back in S1. After they kissed, it seemed he no longer felt that way, which I was glad about



    It's probably David, or Barba. Stabler I doubt is single,and the fact that nothings been said about Meloni coming back for a guest appearance.


    Though I would want that, It's probably not him.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MysticLady03

    MysticLady03

    [15]Jan 3, 2013
    • member since: 09/18/05
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 689

    SoDanca wrote:


    Sometimes I think the writers throw moments like this into the show just to generate buzz among fans (shippers) and send the fan fiction universe into a tizzy. I'd be surprised if that little airplane scene didn't spawn a ton of new fan fiction stories! And I can't wait to read them!



    Exactly. They know fans get excited easily so they throw crumbs at us to keep our attention. And it's working.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.