Law & Order: Special Victims Unit Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on NBCIn Season

"Scourge" Official Discussion (Spoilers)

bmoshier

[1]Jun 14, 2013
    • level: 46

Please use this thread for all discussion of the episode "Scourge."

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bmoshier

[2]Jun 14, 2013
    • level: 46

At the end of the episode, A.D.A. Alexandra Cabot gives her terms for not proceeding with an investigation and additional charges against the insurance company. They are:

• The company will start reporting all communicable disease to the health department,

• Settle with the families of the victims and the wife of Daniel Varney when they sue.

I'm really surprised she didn't include (a third item) having the company report any past communicable diseases to the health department. Why? There could be a second, third, fourth, who knows how many others out there cases / people similar to Daniel Varney. Who knows how soon their brains might stop functioning properly and thus allow them to kill in a similar way.

I wonder how the writers missed that point? I guess they were looking at so many details this one slipped through the cracks.

It might be nice to see a future episode exploit this "flaw," but I'm not sure how one could do it and still keep it fresh and not seem like doing the episode over again.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.