Law & Order: Special Victims Unit Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on NBCBetween Seasons

The worst SVU episodes

Worst SVU episodes ever

EO_Forever

[41]Jun 10, 2007
    • level: 10
    LAW-ORDER wrote:
    Two other of my least favorite episodes are Brotherhood (the one with thefratsguys who raped pledges with paddles)and Secrets (the one where the star teacher goes to sex clubs).Those ones arejust a little too, umm... risque for my tastes... And watching them with your mom gets AWKWARD.

Haha I always make my mom watch SVU with me during dinner. I think it makes her more uncomfortable than me. This one time we were watching and Warner said something like "the perp ejaculated on her stomach" and my mom was like "uhhh do we really have to watch this during dinner?" lol.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LAW-ORDER

[42]Jun 10, 2007
    • level: 8

EO_Forever wrote:
    LAW-ORDER wrote:
    Two other of my least favorite episodes are Brotherhood (the one with thefratsguys who raped pledges with paddles)and Secrets (the one where the star teacher goes to sex clubs).Those ones arejust a little too, umm... risque for my tastes... And watching them with your mom gets AWKWARD.
    Haha I always make my mom watch SVU with me during dinner. I think it makes her more uncomfortable than me. This one time we were watching and Warner said something like "the perp ejaculated on her stomach" and my mom was like "uhhh do we really have to watch this during dinner?" lol.

LOL. Yep, my mom even went as far one time as to say "you know, I don't think I really want you to watch this. Most girls your age are watching shows like Laguna Beach or...(you see by here I stopped listening.)" But the next day she was like "you're not going to stop watching this... why did I even ask?!"

How anyone could find such trash as Laguna Beach more appealing than SVU is beyond my knowledge.

Edited on 06/10/2007 8:21pm

gumcurls

[43]Jun 10, 2007
    • level: 12
    LAW-ORDER wrote:

EO_Forever wrote:
    LAW-ORDER wrote:

LOL. Yep, my mom even went as far one time as to say "you know, I don't think I really want you to watch this. Most girls your age are watching shows like Laguna Beach or...(you see by here I stopped listening.)" But the next day she was like "you're not going to stop watching this... why did I even ask?!)

How anyone could find such trash as Laguna Beach more appealing than SVU is beyond my knowledge.

Ha ha I know! I only make my mom watch the EO moments so I have someone to be excited with, but pretty much everything else about the show grosses her out, lol. I always console her by saying, "Hey, it's educational!" She agrees.

EO_Forever

[44]Jun 10, 2007
    • level: 10
    gumcurls wrote:
    LAW-ORDER wrote:

EO_Forever wrote:
    LAW-ORDER wrote:

LOL. Yep, my mom even went as far one time as to say "you know, I don't think I really want you to watch this. Most girls your age are watching shows like Laguna Beach or...(you see by here I stopped listening.)" But the next day she was like "you're not going to stop watching this... why did I even ask?!)

Ha ha I know! I only make my mom watch the EO moments so I have someone to be excited with, but pretty much everything else about the show grosses her out, lol. I always console her by saying, "Hey, it's educational!" She agrees.

Haha my mom used to think that it was innaproapriate for me to watch, but she gave up because I love it too much.

gumcurls

[45]Jun 11, 2007
    EO_Forever wrote:
    gumcurls wrote:
    LAW-ORDER wrote:

EO_Forever wrote:
    LAW-ORDER wrote:

Haha my mom used to think that it was innaproapriate for me to watch, but she gave up because I love it too much.

Lol, my family was worried about my addiction at first, but once I made them sit through a few episodes, (most of) their oppinions changed. They still say they don't like it, but I can see the look in their eyes when it's on and they're in the room. Oh, and I'm so proud of myself for converting my mom to an EO shipper! I secretely think she actually wants Elliot back with Kathy, but at least she points out shippy moments to me and does a pretty good job pretending to be an EO shipper.

abanana

[46]Jun 11, 2007
    • level: 9
    My mom got me started on it lol like 3 years ago.

LAW-ORDER

[47]Jun 11, 2007
    gumcurls wrote:
    EO_Forever wrote:
    gumcurls wrote:
    LAW-ORDER wrote:

EO_Forever wrote:
    LAW-ORDER wrote:

Lol, my family was worried about my addiction at first, but once I made them sit through a few episodes, (most of) their oppinions changed. They still say they don't like it, but I can see the look in their eyes when it's on and they're in the room. Oh, and I'm so proud of myself for converting my mom to an EO shipper! I secretely think she actually wants Elliot back with Kathy, but at least she points out shippy moments to me and does a pretty good job pretending to be an EO shipper.

yeah, I look up every time or so and I can tell my mom's not "reading her book." She's really paying attention!

abanana wrote:

my mom watched it occasionally before I got hooked a few years back, but now its all day every day for EVERYONE in my family! Not like they really have much of a choice...

Edited on 06/11/2007 3:57pm

gumcurls

[48]Jun 11, 2007
    LAW-ORDER wrote:
    gumcurls wrote:
    EO_Forever wrote:
    gumcurls wrote:
    LAW-ORDER wrote:

EO_Forever wrote:
    LAW-ORDER wrote:

yeah, I look up every time or so and I can tell my mom's not "reading her book." She's really paying attention!

abanana wrote:

my mom watched it occasionally before I got hooked a few years back, but now its all day every day for EVERYONE in my family! Not like they really have much of a choice...

Lol. I was the first one in my family to watch it. It's pretty much routine in my house. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, SVU, Bed.

ITPROF4U

[49]Jun 11, 2007

You all are so cute. My girls are not really old enough to watch SVU yet, but they know what it is. We were in Best Buy one day in the very crowded DVD isle and my three year old went straight to the Law & Order section, picked up the SVU DVD set, and very loudly said "look mommy they have SVU, OUR favorite show!". Needless to say I got a few looks that a three year old would say SVU is her favorite show. Which by the way it is NOT and she does not watch with me.

As for this thread, I would have to say take your pick from any of the Dani episodes. I was not a Dani hater and don't think she is this evil being, but those episodes had no point to them. Things would have been just fine if they would of just paired Elliot with Fin or Munch during that time. Really just pointless.

ccharity

[50]Jun 11, 2007
    • level: 2

any episode that i can't sit through or remember happening.

namely:

fat, class, closure II, consent, repression, redemption, serendipity, outcry, game, influence, gone, rockabye, name, clock, and haystack. yeah, i think that's it...

LAW-ORDER

[51]Jun 12, 2007

ITPROF4U wrote:

You all are so cute. My girls are not really old enough to watch SVU yet, but they know what it is. We were in Best Buy one day in the very crowded DVD isle and my three year old went straight to the Law & Order section, picked up the SVU DVD set, and very loudly said "look mommy they have SVU, OUR favorite show!". Needless to say I got a few looks that a three year old would say SVU is her favorite show. Which by the way it is NOT and she does not watch with me.

As for this thread, I would have to say take your pick from any of the Dani episodes. I was not a Dani hater and don't think she is this evil being, but those episodes had no point to them. Things would have been just fine if they would of just paired Elliot with Fin or Munch during that time. Really just pointless.

hahahahaha that is hilarious about Best Buy. But the sad thing is, most of my friends don't even know what SVU is! When I talk about it, they just write it off as "another lawyer show." I've tried to explain that its NOT just lawyers, but detectives too! Some people will just never learn I guess.

(Oh and by the way, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE your icon! I ship Liv/Porter!!)

ccharity wrote:

any episode that i can't sit through or remember happening.

namely:

fat, class, closure II, consent, repression, redemption, serendipity, outcry, game, influence, gone, rockabye, name, clock, and haystack. yeah, i think that's it...

oh jeez that hurt. I LOVED Fat. Closure pt. 2 was better than the first in my opinion, Redemption is one of my absolute favorites, as is Serendipity! But other than that, yeah.

Edited on 06/12/2007 6:40am
    Edited 2 total times.

mariska143

[52]Jun 12, 2007
    • level: 16
    Me too! Some of these eps that people are putting down as the worst I just LOVE! *sob*

gumcurls

[53]Jun 12, 2007
    ITPROF4U wrote:

Ha ha that's so funny about your daughter! I wouldn't let a three year old watch it either, but if she did that I would be like, "Good girl! You're smarter than a lot of people out there."

LAW-ORDER

[54]Jun 12, 2007

mariska143 wrote:
    Me too! Some of these eps that people are putting down as the worst I just LOVE! *sob*

Yeah! I guess we all just have different opinions though...

zvyozdnayapyl

[55]Jun 13, 2007
    • level: 6
    I absolutely agree. Name was absolutely horrible and ridiculous. The storyline was truly pathetic and pointless which seriously made absolute 0 sense. What makes matters worse, it didn't have Benson of Capt. Cragen. What a bad absurd episode.

gumcurls

[56]Jun 13, 2007
    I saw it yesterday. I thought I was going to disagree with you guys at first, but then I'm like, "Umm...where is everyone?". It was just reallllllly boring for me.

drama_queen08

[57]Jun 13, 2007
    • level: 13
    see i saw outsider last night on nbc...wasnt paying any attention to it..and since it was new to me, normally i would be glued to the screen...it just didn't appeal to me too much...probably because of Lake

gumcurls

[58]Jun 14, 2007
    I saw it too. Ugh, I really didn't get a very good first impression on Lake. I wonder how we'll like him next season.

marianne0424

[59]Jun 14, 2007
    • level: 1
    any episode with dani beck !!!

gumcurls

[60]Jun 14, 2007
    marianne0424 wrote:
    any episode with dani beck !!!

Welcome to the board Marianne! Yeah, I really didn't like any Dani episodes, except Cage because she left!