Law & Order: Special Victims Unit Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on NBCIn Season

When can we expect the back end of Season 13?

winactive

[1]Mar 8, 2012
    • level: 1

I understand this season is to contain 22 episodes and we reached Episode 16 last week. I need my SVU fix! Anyone know when they are likely to appear? I've tried searching on here and on the NBC site but can't seem to find any information. TIA

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LII2

[2]Mar 8, 2012
    • level: 12

winactive wrote:

I understand this season is to contain 22 episodes and we reached Episode 16 last week. I need my SVU fix! Anyone know when they are likely to appear? I've tried searching on here and on the NBC site but can't seem to find any information. TIA

New episodes will start in April on the 11th. NBC chose not to air any new episode during this month for some odd reason

watcher1006

[3]Mar 8, 2012
    • level: 10

I heard that Law and Order SVU is being shifted one hour earlier, to 9:00. I wonder how it will do in that time slot. For now it's up against American Idol on FOX. Later this month, I think there may also be the NCAA Basketball Tournament on CBS on weekday evenings. Maybe NBC just decided to have the show sit out this month?

LII2

[4]Mar 8, 2012

watcher1006 wrote:

I heard that Law and Order SVU is being shifted one hour earlier, to 9:00. I wonder how it will do in that time slot. For now it's up against American Idol on FOX. Later this month, I think there may also be the NCAA Basketball Tournament on CBS on weekday evenings. Maybe NBC just decided to have the show sit out this month?

It's only going to be at 9:00 for this month only, NBC is holding back on putting out new episodes till april 11th. It will air at 10pm, they aren't changing the time slot, it's only different this month

watcher1006

[5]Mar 20, 2012

Well they have Rock Center with Brian Williams on at 10:00 PM on Wednesdays for now. I guess that they want to give that show a chance in a timeslot that doesn't have to compete with American Idol on FOX.

I do hope that this minor hiatus for Law and Order SVU ends up working out OK for the show. The last few episodes have not done so well ratings-wise and I hope that the off-weeks don't cause more viewers to drift away.

NBC hasn't done well in general with its procedural dramas of late.

LII2

[6]Mar 20, 2012

watcher1006 wrote:

Well they have Rock Center with Brian Williams on at 10:00 PM on Wednesdays for now. I guess that they want to give that show a chance in a timeslot that doesn't have to compete with American Idol on FOX.

I do hope that this minor hiatus for Law and Order SVU ends up working out OK for the show. The last few episodes have not done so well ratings-wise and I hope that the off-weeks don't cause more viewers to drift away.

NBC hasn't done well in general with its procedural dramas of late.

SVU will return to 10pm on the 11th of april, fans know that there aren't any new episodes until april. I don't think it will hurt, or make the fans drift away. They already are aware that SVU will return with newer episodes. NBC did screw up by not airing new episodes this month. I do have strong feeling that this show will get renewed. Mariska already signed on to do another season and the NBC exes are all for it.

Edited on 03/20/2012 1:19pm

ram47

[7]Mar 20, 2012
    • level: 19

There will also be 23episodes this season instead of the usual 22. Starting April 11th there will 7 consecutive weeks of new SVU until the finale on May 23rd. The episode on April 11th is scheduled to be "Valentine's Day" and guest stars Chloe Sevigny. Another upcoming episode with Mark Consuelos is "Justice Denied."

LII2

[8]Mar 20, 2012

ram47 wrote:

There will also be 23episodes this season instead of the usual 22. Starting April 11th there will 7 consecutive weeks of new SVU until the finale on May 23rd. The episode on April 11th is scheduled to be "Valentine's Day" and guest stars Chloe Sevigny. Another upcoming episode with Mark Consuelos is "Justice Denied."

I knew about those two guest starring, but I'm glad it's 23 episodes. Proves that SVU still has a big following..

watcher1006

[9]Mar 21, 2012

It's good that there will be no more preemptions after the new episodes start again in April. It's hard to say what the 23 episodes for this show signifies. As one can see from the episode guide, Seasons 4 and 5 had 25 episodes and Season 2 had only 21. Season 9 was shortened to 19 by the writers' strike.

I remain optimistic that this show will be renewed. For one thing NBC has struggled to get traction with the viewers for its dramas. As far as I'm aware, Grimm is the only new drama this season that the network has really succeeded with. Among its old dramas, Chuck is gone and Harry's Law is probably gone too. In that context Law and Order SVU may have faded from its best days but it has hung on and it's probably not a great idea to try replacing it now, especially given that a number of other slots will be open for new series in September. I just had some concern because Law and Order SVU didn't do great in the February sweeps and a long layoff wasn't the best thing to have immediately afterward.

It would be a real shame if the show were to end this season. Christopher Meloni as Elliot Stabler may be gone, but from what I've seen the cast remains strong and there is plenty of energy left in the show.

LII2

[10]Mar 21, 2012

watcher1006 wrote:

It would be a real shame if the show were to end this season. Christopher Meloni as Elliot Stabler may be gone, but from what I've seen the cast remains strong and there is plenty of energy left in the show.

I don't think NBC will cancel it, they already said that they would consider it. Plus Mariska wants to, and the excutive Producer Warren Leight wants to. Plus it's not on the bubble shows meaning it's not in any danger of being cancelled.

ram47

[11]Mar 22, 2012
    • level: 19

watcher1006 wrote:

It's good that there will be no more preemptions after the new episodes start again in April. It's hard to say what the 23 episodes for this show signifies. As one can see from the episode guide, Seasons 4 and 5 had 25 episodes and Season 2 had only 21. Season 9 was shortened to 19 by the writers' strike.

I remain optimistic that this show will be renewed. For one thing NBC has struggled to get traction with the viewers for its dramas. As far as I'm aware, Grimm is the only new drama this season that the network has really succeeded with. Among its old dramas, Chuck is gone and Harry's Law is probably gone too. In that context Law and Order SVU may have faded from its best days but it has hung on and it's probably not a great idea to try replacing it now, especially given that a number of other slots will be open for new series in September. I just had some concern because Law and Order SVU didn't do great in the February sweeps and a long layoff wasn't the best thing to have immediately afterward.

I also remain optimistic that SVU will return for Season 14. We will know by the May upfronts, hopefully before then.

watcher1006

[12]May 9, 2012

Sites including imdb.com and zap2it.com are reporting that Law and Order SVU has been renewed for a 14th season. Renewal looked likely in spite of lower ratings this season. Just about all of NBC's new attempts at procedural dramas this season were flops, I'm guessing that L&O SVU was as good a bet as any for the network.

Yay! I'm glad that the revamped cast will get another season.

cross_mr

[13]May 10, 2012
    • level: 9
    It's great that its coming back, but they really need to start up the original again. Perhaps with a fresher cast. Law and Order is an institution and it's a shame the original isn't still being made.