Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

Funny Valentine

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Feb 27, 2013 on NBC

• A it too Over The Top

I love the show but I thought this episode was a bit too over the top and a s usual the stereotype of a 'dumb' uneducated violent black people ruled .

The story would have been fine without all the stereotypes and racial profiling. That is my only beef with at times they dont show black characters except when its in bad light most of the times. the blacks are eoither poor victims ignorant sleazy prostitutes and the list goes on and on.
  • Funny Valentine

A little too over the top, a little too late to the party, but the clear Chris Brown/Rihanna inspired episode was a bit intriguing in a way. I just think the ending was unnecessary and was Dick Wolf's effort to try and prove some point about domestic violence.

Still, an interesting, interesting episode.
  • Excellent!

I was completely thrown by this episode for 2 reasons: 1) All the previews told us to watch for the famous L&O "twist" at the end and 2) This series virtually never depicts a black person in a negative way, much less a murderer. I thought the "twist" was that Brass's killer was going to be Caleb's Jewish lawyer. After all, a couple of seasons ago, a black rapper was gunned down in front of a courthouse and the murderer turned out to be a Jewish diamond merchant. But no, for once L&O played it straight (unlike when they had OJ Simpson and Michael Jackson both played by white actors). THAT was the twist!
Raw