Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

Justice

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Apr 05, 2002 on NBC

• Law and Order Special Victims Unit!

When a 16 year old girl is found attacked in a stairwell, she is rushed to the ER. It is up to Benson and Stabler to identify the girl. They find out that she is the step-daughter of Judge Thornburg, one of the city's most respected judges. When the Detectives discover that Tricia was writing to inmates that her step-father put away, they begin to suspect a recent parolee. After digging into Tricia's life, they find that there is a family secret that she was willing to kill her step-father over.

This was a great episode. While watching it you are convinced that Tricia is a problem child who was just out to upset her parents, but then you really find that she was abused and lashing out as a cry for help.
  • A troubled stepdaughter, raped and murdered. A classic case of the ultimate betrayal of a mother and child.

A young girl is found murdered, and detectives run around all day only to find out that she's the step-daughter of one of the greatest judges on the bench. After going through her troubled past, they find out that she was shipped off by her step-father, for reasons that her mothere didn't even know. A great installment, and a must see for anyone who loves a few twists in their story.
  • The teenage step-daughter of a highly-respected judge is found dead, apparently the victim of a sexual attack. But when detectives Benson and Stabler dig deeper into the young girl\'s past, they find much more than they had hoped for.

I really enjoyed this episode. However, I wonder if there is a goof in the scene where Elliot and Olivia pay a visit to the high school Tricia attended. One of the Sisters stated that Tricia was sent to the nurse\'s office with suspicions of self-harm. If some one in the school had suspected that she were cutting herself, wouldn\'t they (the nuns) be required by New York State law have to inform her parents/guardians? This is what I had previously thought, and while researching it, I couldn\'t find anything to support my claim. I\'m wondering if anyone else knows?