Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

Justice Denied

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Apr 11, 2012 on NBC

7.8
  • Solid Storyline

Just finished watching this episode of L&O:SVU. It is one of the show's better episodes. It was a good emotional performance from Guillermo Diaz. As far as the details being a turning point in the episode, I especially liked the scarf detail. We also get to see Benson's personal life, which is nice break from the case. But the final scene was unnecessary. Harry Connick Jr. does a good job as an ADA Haden. Also liked the fact the Detective Amaro stuck to his guns about his opinion on Pena. He is a good partner for Olivia because he can stand up to her as well as complement her. It was a good episode with a solid storyline.
  • One redeeming point...

... the most chemistry-free "romance" in recent TV history is finally over.

@thefanof Haven't you heard? When Belzer extended his contract, he added an opt-out clause: "If I receive a script that insults the intelligence of everyone involved, I don't have to show up for work and will volunteer instead -- as penance on W. Leight's behalf -- at the local soup kitchen."
  • Justice Denied

They tried to give us something unique with a past case being revisited, but it just did not work. They did not even care at the end that Pena was freed, it was more about Olivia's breakup. As for Pena, guest star Guillermo Diaz was too over the top for this role.

And where has Munch been? Finn mentioned him, but we haven't seen him.

They tried with an interesting premise, but the execution just was not there.
Raw