Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

Liberties

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM May 19, 2009 on NBC

• Very thought provoking

An excellent SVU episode dealing with a stalker and a judge with an unresolved past. It was well written and had to be to go from one story to the other. Granted, the original case that the episode started out with never did get resolved but for once it didn't have to. We can pretty much figure it out for ourselves. Good insight into the lives of the characters involved. Eliot using his powers of intimidation within the law even though it didn't get them anywhere. (Munch has a girlfried? I thought he had given up on that:) ). Not gonna spoil it for you; watch the episode, it is well worth it.
  • Unexpected twist.

In the beginning of the episode where the female victim calls 911 because of a rape and the suspect turns out to have found her on a fantasy rape site, I honestly thought it was another reused storyline. I turned out to be very wrong and I am just amazed by this season of SVU. SVU is one of my favorite series and I am never let down by any of the episodes because each of them relate well to real life incidents, are thought provokers and definitely tear jerkers.

This episode was no different and I was wrong for judging it so quickly.
  • Amazing episode! Elliot being hired by a judge?

A Cool episode with so many twists, it starts like an average episode with a girl claiming to be raped and the rapist claiming that she wanted to be raped...confusing? indeed! then his ex-boyfriend shows up and things get really weird...I don't want to spoil the drama, but you better watch it, a note: the scenes between elliot and the serial killer are superb! for a moment you could feel your blood frozen when the man is talking about his crimes...there is also a touching ending, kind of bittersweet but it could be worse...great Svu! keep doing these fabulous episodes!
  • Good episode.

7.7
    A lot of good here in Law and Order: Special Victims Unit Season 10 Episode 21.

Olivia Benson being a total badass getting in Tyler's face, breaking him and standing up to him after he attempted to flee the courtroom. Definitely one of TV's toughest female cops, and always an exciting character.

Speaking of consistency, a strong guest appearance by Alan Dale (Lost, The OC, NCIS and about a billion other shows) also guided this program. I like the special subplot about the judge's son being the defendant of his trial.

"A tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny." Quite the good quote as well. Really strong effort of L and O tonight.