Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

Monogamy

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Jan 04, 2002 on NBC

• All emotions wrapped up in one episode.

All emotions wrapped up in one episode. You have death, anger, jealousy, ignorance and sadness all in one episode. It was unusual to see John Ritter (may his soul rest in peace) play the bad guy. He played a cold hearted SOB until the end of the episode when he found out the baby was really his. This episode shows what obbession and power over ones family and jealousy can do to a person. It shows that intelligence does not always take a presidence over emotions. I liked the part where Haung was talking to the perp and the perp says te shrink trying to shrink the shrink. John played a good part. Great episode
  • A woman is found in a parking garage, a Cesearean Section delivery having been performed on her baby.

** CONTAINS SPOILERS **

The episode overall is very good. But Stephanie March absolutely KILLS me in the end when she has the husband on the stand.

Through the course of questioning, she shows him that he was, in fact, that father of his wife's child, rather than the other man she'd been sleeping with and for whom she planned to leave him.

I love her delivery of the last lines of the cross-examination. When she asked, "Did he cry?" her voice dropped to just the right level. It's just an amazing bit of acting from March. I always love when there's just one line in an episode that totally stands out. That line, for me, has always been the main thing I remember about this episode.
  • Law and Order Special Victims Unit!

When Nicole Manning is found attacked in a parking garage, Benson and Stabler begin to look for evidence that can point them in the direction of her attacker. While in route to the hospital, they find that Nicole was pregnant, and the search turns to include any signs of the baby. The Detectives find that Nicole is married, but was also having an affair. They begin to suspect her boyfriend. Richard Manning, the victim's husband, becomes their number one target. He claims he killed the baby to end his wife's relationship with her boyfriend. But DNA proves that the baby was his own.

This is a very intereting episode. Not to mention it is the episode in which Mariska Hargitay met her now husband Peter Hermann.
Web