Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

Persona

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Nov 25, 2008 on NBC

• An episode with some potential is ruined by a sub par performance by Brenda Blethyn as her whiny and nasally voice ruins the dramatic scenes.

This episode was disappointing. The second half seemed more focused on making it a vehicle for Brenda Blethyn's acting chops, and that might of been fine, except the voice she uses in all the dramatic scenes is so cringe worthy that I found myself hoping that she actually DID kill her husband. At least then it would've given me a reason to hate her besides her god awful whiny voice. Her voice wasn't going to tug at my heart strings one bit.

Another thing that bothered me was that we are subjected to hearing the whole ordeal from HER awful voice. There wasn't anything else out there like a newspaper headline or people alive that still might know her? Did we have to listen to her TALKING all that time, it got annoying before Judge Denally came in and it didn't really add anything except for us not having to put up with another poor acting job (Michaela McManus).

This episode was a chore to sit through if only because of Brenda Blethyn's awful old lady voice.
MNT