Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

Pixies

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Jan 12, 2001 on NBC

• Once again the show keeps you guessing as to who was the killer.

This episode had lots of twists and turns in it. First when the body is found they try to identify her, it leads them to a mother who reported her daughter missing, she ran away after trying to protect Mom from abusive Dad. They bring her in to ID the body only to find out it's not her. They then figure out she was a gymnast. You're kept guessing who actually killed her, there's her coach, very hard on the girls and pushes them very hard. Then we suspect a benefactor of the gym, Kyle Hubert, we find out they were in love, when they go to arrest him because Kristi was only 14, he informs them she was 19 and lied because the coach didn't like to work with older girls. In the end we find out that the coach had her running partner spying on her, after she tells the coach about Kyle and Kristi, the coach makes her break it off. Instead of giving her the spot on the team, he forgives Kristi. During their run she killed her. This episode really kept you wondering. One of the things I really liked about this episode even though it was only one short scene was when Elliott's daughter Maureen was upset about getting a B on a paper because she wouldn't be able to get into a good colleg with a grade like that. It brought home what Elliott was seeing at work with kids pushing so hard.