Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

Retro

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Oct 28, 2008 on NBC

• A sick baby left in a taxi leads the detectives to a mother who refused to treat her baby -or herself- for HIV after consulting with an alternative doctor who does not believe that HIV causes AIDS.

This episode is essentially a propaganda piece for conventional medicine. While it shows cases of people dying from not receiving medical treatment, it doesn't mention the many people who die in spite of being given the latest medicines for AIDS. At the end, this is reinforced by a scene with a young boy with brain cancer. He explains how his parents did not want to treat him but only pray for him. Naturally, he didn't start to improve until he began receiving conventional medical treatment. Again, how many people die as a result of conventional medical treatment? When watching something like this you may want to keep in mind that companies like NBC depend on large advertisers, including pharmaceutical companies for their revenue. I don't pretend to know the whole truth about AIDS -I'm not endorsing the "conspiracy theory" put forth by the alternative doctor in this episode. My point is only that shows like this are biased and only show one side of the debate.
Pop