Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

Wednesday 9:00 PM on NBC Premiered Sep 20, 1999 In Season

layle1

Law & Order: Special Victims Unit Fan Reviews page 5 of 15

• This show rocks

Law and Order the show gets crazier with every episode. The first episode I saw and I was completely hooked. Even though no one single episode is specifically connected it can be a little rueful its just what happens in real life. There isn't always happy ending in life you know. I just don't know what else to say the show is beautifully done, well scripted absolutely great actors and even though the show is suppose to be super serious they still seem to manage to squeeze in some comedy. This show always seem to have me on the edge of my seat wanting more... I just can't wait for the new episodes.
  • OMG the best show ever!!!

SVU, wow where do I start? I think that SVU is the best show ever and will never get tired of it. I think I would clissify myself as mildly obsessed but not that bad. This show is so real and has such great acting that I can't get enough of it. It has inspired me to do so many great things, has helped me avoid bad situations and is a positive influence to anyone who watches it. I would recommend this show to as many people as I can, and I have. I don't think that it is the best show in the law and order franchise. The way that the cases are dealt with on the show is so accurate that I feel like I'm there! This is the best show ever and you should all watch it!!:)
  • Sex crimes are investigated

This is my favorite crime show. I find the other two Law and Order shows to be very boring and formulaic. SVU on the other hand is so intriguing and all the crimes and victims show such a raw and realistic viewpoint of sex crimes that it is amazing to watch. The twists that happen on this show are so shocking and painful sometimes that it keeps you on the edge of your seat. The cops on this show are also really great. Stabler and Benson are such a great pair and there chemistry brings a lot to the show. B.D. Wong is also really great to watch. Ice-T and Richard Belzer are another great team that add humor to a very dark show. These crimes are also really good in the court rooms because of the sensitive subject matter and it is great to watch it play out under the law.
  • What can I say?

This is a great show. I didn't know how they could do better than the orginial Law and Order. They did it with this show. This show provides your with turnoil between the police and the lawyers like the other one but, with a big differece the crimes in this bring out the passion and the extremes. Once the show provides you with the bad guy(s) it makes you truely hate the person within your very soul. You feel for the people involved including the officers and their family life. How Olivia was conseaved and Elliott with his wife (ex) and kids. It has the dynamics and the passions as I stated earlier. GREAT SHOW!
  • This is another Law and Order show, but it is about sex crimes. It does something other L&O shows doesn't do: it goes into the personal lives of the main characters: the detectives, Olivia and Elliot.

This show is so controversal, a lot of people say it is not right and shouldn't be on TV. It deals with the crimes that we know are out there but we don't want to face. It covers some of the worst crimes out there: sex crimes. The truth is many people are raped and sexually assulted every day and this show could help them to report it. A lot of the people that are sexually assulted don't report it and their attacker is set free to rape and do the same thing to some one else. This show is trying to put a stop to that. Check this show out it rocks!!!!!! Manda
  • This show is the most brilliant one ever made by americans.I follow each episode everday when it plays.My favorite episode is the special victims unit_night and day. Gabriel Duvall is so hot!!!I love it I love the show and I want to become a lawyer

Casy Novak: Good thing mom's ther to bail him up!

Gabriel Duvall: human behavior isn't discernable because it isn't fixed.We can never really know what a person means by how they look or what they say.Ten different people have ten different smiles.

Eleanor Duvall: Gabriel was and is a perfect son.

Jason Withacker: Look your sex life is cought up with you and you're gonna have to pay for it unless you listen to me right now.There's one way I see us beating this.But you're gonna have to go along with it all the way. Jason Withacker: Gabriel is living his life without a speedometer.How can you punish him for his actions.Actions he did not know he was commiting.
  • This is one of the all time best shows ever!! I love all of the people! The epsidoes are all really good, and it is on like every night, so I always have something to watch.

This is the best show ever!!! I love crime shows. If you are like me, you would love this show soo much. Det. Stabler, Benson, Munch, Fin, The captain, all of the D.A., Dr. Huang, and the whole cast, even the new guy, are amazing together. I love that sometimes they have little changes. I love the whole series. The show is outstanding, and I would watch it 24/7 if I could (maybe). Its on basically every night on all different channels, and i think every one should just sit down for about an hour and watch an episode, if they haven't watched it before.
  • Crime drama about the Manhattan Special Victims Unit. The detectives of SVU deal with sexual violence and crime.

SVU's unique stories and characters make it the best show of the Law and Order series. The show explores the darkness of the "special" criminals and the crimes that they commmit. It also explores how the characters battle the darkness of their job, the people they deal with, and the darkness within themselves. Liv and El, and Munch and Fin offset each other very well. Cragen is a seasoned leader and Casey is a superb ADA. The show weaves together content and characters superbly. The show never ceases to impress and surprise and always leaves you wanting more. Not to mention Casey and Olivia are just plain hot.
  • SVU = the best show on television :D

I'm trying hard to think back to the time when I didn't watch SVU. It wasn't that long ago,less than a year; yet that time is blurry, because SVU has become a part of my life. I know, I'm so sad. Thanks to this show, I now spend all my time preoccupied with talking about it, watching it, thinking about it, dreaming about it ...you get the idea.

So why is it so good? In the TV world where there are countless crime dramas, SVU is ahead of the pack for me. The cases are more confronting and though-provoking than many other shows, and instead of focusing on one thing it combines investigating, forensics, trials etc. Most of the episodes really makes you question yourself, and through the different characters they present the different points of view on any given issue.

Every one of the characters is interesting: Elliot, Olivia, Fin, Munch, Cragen, Huang, Casey...I love the less prominent characters too, like ME Warner and the technology guy (I can never remember his name!). The chemistry between Benson and Stabler (whether platonic or not) is very real and one of the best things about SVU. It's a great cast, which is probably one of the main reasons it's so successful. Overall, this is a great show. The episodes have consistently been good (despite a few slip-ups when they have strayed away from the traditional SVU formula), I recommend it to anyone*

* May cause obsession
  • Its, a crime drama that deals with Sex crimes, kidnapping, and child abuse or neglect, which singles it out from all the other shows from the series, it shows how difficult this job can be, but we all know that the awesome detectives can handle it ;)

The Best Damn Show Ever!!

there are so many bizarre twists and turns and weird sick criminals in this show that just keeps you guessing, they leave room in the show for you, yourself to be a little detective and argue with your friends on who committed the heinous crime, and what i luv about it, its always the person you least expect, leaving you on the edge of your chair, still wanting more when the credits roll, which usually drives me crazy ^_^. In addition, what makes it so great are the one thing that MAKES a show great, the actors in it, all the brillantly written personalitys that these actors protray for their characters are so layered, complicated, and havent even been revield through their full potential, they all have good chemistry, and they all get along, usually, but this tv show is so jam packed and exciting, youll be addicted in no time.
  • Law & Order SVU is my favorite of all the Law & Orders out there. It is the most exciting and intense.

Law & Order Special Victims Unit is my favorite Law & Order of all the series. It is the most interesting and intense. It also deals with victims and murders rather than crimes and trials which I like more. This is a great show and I love to watch it anytime and it is always on. Plus they always have great guest stars in the episodes. That makes the show more interesting and likable. This is the kind of show that draws your attention and keeps you hooked. I started to watch this show because my mom has watched the original Law & Order for years and she got me to watch it, but I have grown to love the Special Victims Unit very much. This is a great show and I recommend it to anyone that loves crime shows.
  • Genius! Keep this on the air FOREVER!

SVU is the best crime show I've ever seen. It's intense, it keeps you going. Every single episode does. You're always thinking, "Something bad is going to happen," when you hear the background music. The characters are the most spectacular I've ever seen. You can hardly ever tell that they're acting. It's so life-like! Dick Wolf is an incredible man for creating this show. The plots he creates are so real to this world, it's so awesome! This show shows us how our real world is; with rapists, pedophiles, murderers, super-mean-kids. Everything. This show is amazing and I want them to keep it going for a long time. :)
  • Law and Order SVU has become a phenomenon over the last few years. It has surpassed in popularity the original law and order because of not only great episodes but the great characters who revolve around it.

I love this show and guess what i only started watching it for a year. I feel sad it took so long for me to find this show because at first i thought it was boring law show. This show is my favorite. The characters in this show are great and you couldnt ask for anything else. MY favorite character would be det. Benson, because she is one hot cop ypu dont want to mess with. my only regret is to not have found this show sooner. The first svu episode i saw was in mid 2007. SVU IS THE GREATEST
  • This shows follows veteran Detective Elliot Stabler and his partner Olivia Benson as they race against all odds to solve New York's most shocking crimes.

A spin-off of NBC's hit series Law & Order, it is the most popular in the Law & Order franchise consisting of Law & Order, Law & Order: Criminal Intent and Law & Order: Trial By Jury. This hard-hitting series follows veteran Detectives Elliot Stabler and Olivia Benson as they race to solve New York's most heinous crimes. To add variety and color to the show, they also add in the favorites Seargent John Munch, Captain Cragen and Detectives Odafin "Fin" Tutuola and Chester Lake. SVU is a superb show that always keeps the audience wanting more with its original plotlines and the obvious chemistry between Stabler and Benson. Stabler's hot-headed character who spends more time working than with his family is relatable because he clearly is a good guy who is just extremely dedicated to his work and sometimes lets his personal views get in the way of his job. Benson's more level-headed, smart and calm character contrasts with Stabler and together they leave everyone waiting anxiously for the next episode.
  • this show is the best show in the wrold if i do not watch this show at least once a day i would most likey go crazy. this show is definly my daliy fix. like now i am home sick (ah ah choooooow) it is 11:13 am the shows last about a hour long

this show is the best show in the wrold if i do not watch this show at least once a day i would most likey go crazy. this show is definly my daliy fix. like now i am home sick (ah ah choooooow) it is 11:13 am the shows last about a hour long i watched about 5 today it is just so good. LAW & ORDER SVU is the best show in the wrold it is like LAW & ORDER but it takes on sexuall and child crimes it also somtimes deals with the persnal life of of the investergaters and not a lot of trials it is more of a CSI (crime sean investergaters) also a good show
  • Tuesday nights are SVU nights Elliot and Olivia make everything right From Partnership to Friendship From Eye sex to what could never Be! Law and Order SVU in the BEST SHOW ON TV!! ----> (SVU the OBCESSION)¢¾

OMG I really love SVU it's the best show ever on TV hands down!! Elliot and Olivia..ugh where do I begin I am completely obcessed with EO ness!! I am a major shipper! They will end up together if I have anything to do with it:P My life revolves around SVU! I am 15years old but still... I watch it twice daily, 3 times on tuesdays... when I am not watching it I am on facebook joining groups and talking with other obcessed fans like me... but no body can compare! When I am not on facebook I am on fanfiction reading and writing poems... (BigestSVUFAN)--> is my screen name so check out some of my poems!! I love Mariska Hargitay she is my idol and inspiration! I want to become an actress one day and be at least half as great as her!! She is really beautiful¢¾ She definitly defines "Age is just a number" She's 44 years old has a 3yr old son and a 3 or 4 year deference from her husband Peter Hermann (40??) My favorite episode of all time is "Fault" episode 19 season 7!! Great/ Sad EO moments that make me cry every time I watch it!! ---> I love Law and Order SVU and I love to talk about it... sadly I have no friends that watch the show... so add my email to talk if you want:P
  • Law & Order: Special Victims Unit is about the Special Victims Unit in the 16th Precinct of the New York City Police Department.

The Intro to the theme song is, "In the criminal justice system, sexually based offences are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit. These are their stories." That s how I would decibe this show. This show is great. It is Ornigal. I love the Characters. It is intersting to watch. The storylines are aways different and interesting. I give it 4 out of four stars. This show is abusuoltly Fabulous and I hopeit lasts for a long time. I dont know what else to say. I love it.
  • The best Law and Order...

I don't know why but I prefer this Law and Order among all the others. I see Law and Order and L&O Criminal Intent but there is something different about this one. It's a good series with impressive stories and wonderful characters. Detective Olivia Benson and Detective Elliot Stabler are the best. They have to deal with their personal lives and the stress of this job. Olivia has to deal with the fact that she is the product of a rape and Elliot has to deal with his family's problems. The characters of others Law and Order have to deal with this too but I think the job in Special Victims Unit is more shocking than the others. Children being molested, prostitution and rape are horrible things to see. I think I couldn't survive one day doing what they do best. This type of crime really shocks but knowing that there are people in the world that fights against it with courage is really good. The show is one of the best classic criminal series that I ever seen. And, as long as people kill each other, this show will last for a long time.
  • This show is just too good to pass up...

This show I think is the best Law & Order by far. The original is good, but I love Elliot (Meloni) and Olivia (Hargity) together. Their partnership is great because Elliot's married and they work together as good friends and there's no mushy/annoying story line about romance between them. The story lines are really creative and usually very different from each other. The suspense usually holds until the end, and I'm usually still guessing up until they reveal the culprits. Dr. Huang (Wong) does a decent job, as far as overly-sympathetic physiologists go. I think the show is also pretty realistic, my father was a cop and (even though he really doesn't like shows like this) he admits that stuff like that does happen, even if the show overly-dramatizes it a bit. Overall a good show, but you need to watch the entire thing. If you miss even the first two seconds, its not as easy to follow. The endings are really memorable, and I'm almost always satisfied.
  • AMAZING AMAZING SHOW

So this show is my favortie of all time. It is dramatic, touching, and sometimes funny. That is a very good balance in my opinion. i love it a lot and i always want to watch and the stupid stupid writers strike (although i understand where they are coming from) has ruined season 9 and it sucks! oh well, i just really hope that there will be more than season 10 but i do get why Mariska wants to spend more time with her family so i will stand by whatever she chooses but anyways, I LOVE SVU w00t w00t !
  • I reall enjoyed this one tonight (what i got to see) too much stupid election news, I loved the way it turned out Benson was her old selg tonight

I didn't get to see the whole program due to the election returns. I love the way the investigation went in the hospital the way the FBI agent was talking pictures and documenting what happened to the girl. Then Benson ask what is this bruise it was there when we brought her in and the doctor told her. Then when the detective came up with her picture on the tape the wheels started turning in their heads on how are we going to put her down. Then at the hearing it was business as usually the ADA doing her thing about how she done this and that with no evidence at all. Just their thoughts.
    I loved it when all the brass marched (Goosed stepped) into the captains office wanting where the evidence was to convict her. Then Benson on her pal went to the woman home threading here with every thing except treason if they don't tell her if the FBI agent said she was going to kill the serial kill. The best and most exciting part of the program was in the room when Benson and her partner came in and Benson grabbed the gun off the table. She couldn't even figure out the girl was not going out of that room alive. When she shot her self the stupid look on Benson face was worth missing the part I didn't get to see. For some reason Benson and The ADA has to win in the end or their day is messed up.
  • Law and Order SVU is one of my dad's favorite shows, and for some reason, I never thought that it would become mine: but it did! The plotlines, the characters, the whole show amazes me.

I've always wanted to be a writer, but since watching this, I now think I might like someday to be in the SVU helping rape victims and catching pedophiles!
    I'm not sure exactly who my favorite character is, but I know that I love Olivia, Alex (Cabot), Casey Novak and Elliot. I haven't seen all the episodes (i'm working on it) but i'm hoping that i'll soon be able to say that i've seen them all! The great think about SVU is that it's not like a fairytale, the bad guy isn't always caught, it's real, and although it's scary, it could happen in real life. If you're not sure if you should watch this show, listen to me: just try it! I guarantee that you'll love it!!! :)
  • Amazing, just amazing. This is a new take on cop shows. Instead of the usual and mundane murder with a little personal interest we get to know the characters intimately as they take on an original type of crime: sexually based.

Detective Eliot Stabler and Detective Olivia Benson are the main characters. They've been working on the job for far more than is usual for the SVU unit. Original storylines and drama that makes you stand on the edge of your seat is a staple in the episodes. On top of everything else they manage to stay away from being painfully obvious which is where so many other shows have failed.

If you don't watch this show you are missing out on something great, and it is a must have fix for anyone who likes a good cop show. The dynamics, relationships, technical, and even the staff who make it is top notch.
  • The best Law and Order show in the franchise!

In my opinion, Law and Order : SVU is the best show in the overall L&O franchise. All of the actors do a fantastic job which provides for a well rounded cast. Another added bonus is that the cases are always gripping and the show continues to get better with each season. I never find myself getting bored at all during an episode of SVU. I am usually not a fan of procedural cop dramas due to lack of continuity. But SVU is one of the few acceptions for me. I think what amazes me most is that the show is still running strong going into its 9th season. Usually when a show hits the 5th or 6th season it begins to lose steam.

Chris Meloni and Marissa Hargitay give the two stand out performances however. Olivia Benson and Elliot Stabler are the driving force for the show because of the amazing chemistry they have together and the relationship that has developed between them over the years. I think the reason the show continues to get better is that the writers have added new depth to the show by dropping more and more subtle hints towards an eventual "hook-up" between them. Overall you have a show that offers a fantastic well rounded cast, gripping cases week after week, and some of the best chemistry between two characters you will see on television. I only hope that the writers finally offer some romance for Elliot and Olivia by the time the show finishes its course.

10/10
  • In the criminal justice system sexually based offences are considered especially heinous. In New York City the dedicated detectives who investigate these crimes are members of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit... These are their stories.

I enjoy the quality this show brings to television. As someone who normally steers away from the cop dramas it has to take a special show to sink me in. This show had me from the very first episode I saw. With it's mixture of procedure and personal triumph (and failure) it is unique in the cop drama world. Most shows similar to this avoid the personal lives of their characters, and the viewer always seems to be wondering about who these people really are. I am a new fan, and I enjoy seeing old, but new to me episodes of this show. Even the bad episodes and there are bad ones, at least they stay true to the formula of the show. I recomend Law and order: Special Victims Unit to anyone who enjoys a little character with their police shows.
  • A great show.

Law and Order SVU is great. I have only so far seen 2 seasons of this show but i love it. I am going to catch up with the rest of the show but i am getting the DVD's slowly. The idea for this show is very intresting - the sexual crimes devision. I think because it is such a shocking area is what makes this show work. I mean this show deals with some really shocking stories and rapes and it really makes you think about the real devisions out there who have to deal with this stuff. Now that SVU is on its 9th season i hope it can continue to develop and entertain. This show is great and it is recomended to anyone who likes Law and Order. And thr Benson/Stapler relationship is always something to watch.
  • Reminds me of the old Law and Order..

I recently Began watch Law and Order: SVU, and I got hooked. I love the show, it reminds me of the old Law and Order, and CSI put together. I mean How else can i describe this show!? Its awsome. Although I never really watched all the seasons of Law and Order, I still think that these two are much alike. It seems that in every episode theres a Sexual-Based Crime. To me, even though I feel like its getting old, I now see that not all the episodes are like that. While it does, fill-up a Hour Episode, they sometimes leave it on a Cliff-Hanger they leave you wanting to see more..like a James Patterson Book.. I really Like this show, it has Crime Solving, Action, Sex-Based Crimes..Theres really no way I can rate this show, but have a 10.10!
  • This show rock's and is great detail's in it's lenght and depth of it's story-line and everything else too.

I like L&O SVU alot,I like watching and enjoying it every time.It has alot of intresting thing's to it that keep you wanted to watch more of it every time.I also like how the invesgation's roll out and how they find the fact's and bring the crimanal's to justice.It has alot of action in it as well,like when there's a fire-fight or chasing the crimanal's and suspect's.I really like it alot,i like the other L&O too,but I still like this one as well.it will be one of my favoriate's forever.it rock's and i will continue to support and keep on watching this show.
  • very interesting

law and order is a really great show. me and my sister watch it all the time especially SVU. its always interesting to know whats going to happen or who did it. Some of the episodes are really sad and some of them are just really crazy and disgusting but to me they kind of show whats really happening in the world today, its just like more scripted and less violent, showing how like the world can be very cruel and you can learn many different things from watching this show whether its criminal intent, or SVU or just regular law and order. i usually learn something everytime i watch it and it could probably help me and save my life if i had ever needed it. GREAT SHOW!
  • I love LAW AND ORDER SVU it's my life¢¾¢¾ & I am a huge E/O shipper¢¾

I¢¨úL&O:SVU
    it's the best show ever! I am really obcessed my life really does revolve around SVU¢¨ú so does my school work I tell the teacher my tuesday nights are off from homework I told them so many times they don't even bother giving me it cause they know I don't do it! I am also a huge E/O shipper¢¨ú Partners4life, Lovers4ever!¢¨ú¢¨ú
    (they will get together at least by the end for the series finale wouldn't that be a great finale going out with a bang!¢¨ú Mariska Hargitay & Christopher Meloni are my idols and inspirations thats why I want to be an actress one day and hopefully star in one of their episodes¢¨ú¢¨ú
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10