Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

Wednesday 9:00 PM on NBC Premiered Sep 20, 1999 In Season

layle1

Law & Order: Special Victims Unit Fan Reviews page 6 of 15

• This shows follows veteran Detective Elliot Stabler and his partner Olivia Benson as they race against all odds to solve New York's most shocking crimes.

A spin-off of NBC's hit series Law & Order, it is the most popular in the Law & Order franchise consisting of Law & Order, Law & Order: Criminal Intent and Law & Order: Trial By Jury. This hard-hitting series follows veteran Detectives Elliot Stabler and Olivia Benson as they race to solve New York's most heinous crimes. To add variety and color to the show, they also add in the favorites Seargent John Munch, Captain Cragen and Detectives Odafin "Fin" Tutuola and Chester Lake. SVU is a superb show that always keeps the audience wanting more with its original plotlines and the obvious chemistry between Stabler and Benson. Stabler's hot-headed character who spends more time working than with his family is relatable because he clearly is a good guy who is just extremely dedicated to his work and sometimes lets his personal views get in the way of his job. Benson's more level-headed, smart and calm character contrasts with Stabler and together they leave everyone waiting anxiously for the next episode.
  • this show is the best show in the wrold if i do not watch this show at least once a day i would most likey go crazy. this show is definly my daliy fix. like now i am home sick (ah ah choooooow) it is 11:13 am the shows last about a hour long

this show is the best show in the wrold if i do not watch this show at least once a day i would most likey go crazy. this show is definly my daliy fix. like now i am home sick (ah ah choooooow) it is 11:13 am the shows last about a hour long i watched about 5 today it is just so good. LAW & ORDER SVU is the best show in the wrold it is like LAW & ORDER but it takes on sexuall and child crimes it also somtimes deals with the persnal life of of the investergaters and not a lot of trials it is more of a CSI (crime sean investergaters) also a good show
  • Tuesday nights are SVU nights Elliot and Olivia make everything right From Partnership to Friendship From Eye sex to what could never Be! Law and Order SVU in the BEST SHOW ON TV!! ----> (SVU the OBCESSION)¢¾

OMG I really love SVU it's the best show ever on TV hands down!! Elliot and Olivia..ugh where do I begin I am completely obcessed with EO ness!! I am a major shipper! They will end up together if I have anything to do with it:P My life revolves around SVU! I am 15years old but still... I watch it twice daily, 3 times on tuesdays... when I am not watching it I am on facebook joining groups and talking with other obcessed fans like me... but no body can compare! When I am not on facebook I am on fanfiction reading and writing poems... (BigestSVUFAN)--> is my screen name so check out some of my poems!! I love Mariska Hargitay she is my idol and inspiration! I want to become an actress one day and be at least half as great as her!! She is really beautiful¢¾ She definitly defines "Age is just a number" She's 44 years old has a 3yr old son and a 3 or 4 year deference from her husband Peter Hermann (40??) My favorite episode of all time is "Fault" episode 19 season 7!! Great/ Sad EO moments that make me cry every time I watch it!! ---> I love Law and Order SVU and I love to talk about it... sadly I have no friends that watch the show... so add my email to talk if you want:P
  • Law & Order: Special Victims Unit is about the Special Victims Unit in the 16th Precinct of the New York City Police Department.

The Intro to the theme song is, "In the criminal justice system, sexually based offences are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit. These are their stories." That s how I would decibe this show. This show is great. It is Ornigal. I love the Characters. It is intersting to watch. The storylines are aways different and interesting. I give it 4 out of four stars. This show is abusuoltly Fabulous and I hopeit lasts for a long time. I dont know what else to say. I love it.
  • The best Law and Order...

I don't know why but I prefer this Law and Order among all the others. I see Law and Order and L&O Criminal Intent but there is something different about this one. It's a good series with impressive stories and wonderful characters. Detective Olivia Benson and Detective Elliot Stabler are the best. They have to deal with their personal lives and the stress of this job. Olivia has to deal with the fact that she is the product of a rape and Elliot has to deal with his family's problems. The characters of others Law and Order have to deal with this too but I think the job in Special Victims Unit is more shocking than the others. Children being molested, prostitution and rape are horrible things to see. I think I couldn't survive one day doing what they do best. This type of crime really shocks but knowing that there are people in the world that fights against it with courage is really good. The show is one of the best classic criminal series that I ever seen. And, as long as people kill each other, this show will last for a long time.
  • This show is just too good to pass up...

This show I think is the best Law & Order by far. The original is good, but I love Elliot (Meloni) and Olivia (Hargity) together. Their partnership is great because Elliot's married and they work together as good friends and there's no mushy/annoying story line about romance between them. The story lines are really creative and usually very different from each other. The suspense usually holds until the end, and I'm usually still guessing up until they reveal the culprits. Dr. Huang (Wong) does a decent job, as far as overly-sympathetic physiologists go. I think the show is also pretty realistic, my father was a cop and (even though he really doesn't like shows like this) he admits that stuff like that does happen, even if the show overly-dramatizes it a bit. Overall a good show, but you need to watch the entire thing. If you miss even the first two seconds, its not as easy to follow. The endings are really memorable, and I'm almost always satisfied.
  • AMAZING AMAZING SHOW

So this show is my favortie of all time. It is dramatic, touching, and sometimes funny. That is a very good balance in my opinion. i love it a lot and i always want to watch and the stupid stupid writers strike (although i understand where they are coming from) has ruined season 9 and it sucks! oh well, i just really hope that there will be more than season 10 but i do get why Mariska wants to spend more time with her family so i will stand by whatever she chooses but anyways, I LOVE SVU w00t w00t !
  • I reall enjoyed this one tonight (what i got to see) too much stupid election news, I loved the way it turned out Benson was her old selg tonight

I didn't get to see the whole program due to the election returns. I love the way the investigation went in the hospital the way the FBI agent was talking pictures and documenting what happened to the girl. Then Benson ask what is this bruise it was there when we brought her in and the doctor told her. Then when the detective came up with her picture on the tape the wheels started turning in their heads on how are we going to put her down. Then at the hearing it was business as usually the ADA doing her thing about how she done this and that with no evidence at all. Just their thoughts.
    I loved it when all the brass marched (Goosed stepped) into the captains office wanting where the evidence was to convict her. Then Benson on her pal went to the woman home threading here with every thing except treason if they don't tell her if the FBI agent said she was going to kill the serial kill. The best and most exciting part of the program was in the room when Benson and her partner came in and Benson grabbed the gun off the table. She couldn't even figure out the girl was not going out of that room alive. When she shot her self the stupid look on Benson face was worth missing the part I didn't get to see. For some reason Benson and The ADA has to win in the end or their day is messed up.
  • Law and Order SVU is one of my dad's favorite shows, and for some reason, I never thought that it would become mine: but it did! The plotlines, the characters, the whole show amazes me.

I've always wanted to be a writer, but since watching this, I now think I might like someday to be in the SVU helping rape victims and catching pedophiles!
    I'm not sure exactly who my favorite character is, but I know that I love Olivia, Alex (Cabot), Casey Novak and Elliot. I haven't seen all the episodes (i'm working on it) but i'm hoping that i'll soon be able to say that i've seen them all! The great think about SVU is that it's not like a fairytale, the bad guy isn't always caught, it's real, and although it's scary, it could happen in real life. If you're not sure if you should watch this show, listen to me: just try it! I guarantee that you'll love it!!! :)
  • Amazing, just amazing. This is a new take on cop shows. Instead of the usual and mundane murder with a little personal interest we get to know the characters intimately as they take on an original type of crime: sexually based.

Detective Eliot Stabler and Detective Olivia Benson are the main characters. They've been working on the job for far more than is usual for the SVU unit. Original storylines and drama that makes you stand on the edge of your seat is a staple in the episodes. On top of everything else they manage to stay away from being painfully obvious which is where so many other shows have failed.

If you don't watch this show you are missing out on something great, and it is a must have fix for anyone who likes a good cop show. The dynamics, relationships, technical, and even the staff who make it is top notch.
  • The best Law and Order show in the franchise!

In my opinion, Law and Order : SVU is the best show in the overall L&O franchise. All of the actors do a fantastic job which provides for a well rounded cast. Another added bonus is that the cases are always gripping and the show continues to get better with each season. I never find myself getting bored at all during an episode of SVU. I am usually not a fan of procedural cop dramas due to lack of continuity. But SVU is one of the few acceptions for me. I think what amazes me most is that the show is still running strong going into its 9th season. Usually when a show hits the 5th or 6th season it begins to lose steam.

Chris Meloni and Marissa Hargitay give the two stand out performances however. Olivia Benson and Elliot Stabler are the driving force for the show because of the amazing chemistry they have together and the relationship that has developed between them over the years. I think the reason the show continues to get better is that the writers have added new depth to the show by dropping more and more subtle hints towards an eventual "hook-up" between them. Overall you have a show that offers a fantastic well rounded cast, gripping cases week after week, and some of the best chemistry between two characters you will see on television. I only hope that the writers finally offer some romance for Elliot and Olivia by the time the show finishes its course.

10/10
  • In the criminal justice system sexually based offences are considered especially heinous. In New York City the dedicated detectives who investigate these crimes are members of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit... These are their stories.

I enjoy the quality this show brings to television. As someone who normally steers away from the cop dramas it has to take a special show to sink me in. This show had me from the very first episode I saw. With it's mixture of procedure and personal triumph (and failure) it is unique in the cop drama world. Most shows similar to this avoid the personal lives of their characters, and the viewer always seems to be wondering about who these people really are. I am a new fan, and I enjoy seeing old, but new to me episodes of this show. Even the bad episodes and there are bad ones, at least they stay true to the formula of the show. I recomend Law and order: Special Victims Unit to anyone who enjoys a little character with their police shows.
  • A great show.

Law and Order SVU is great. I have only so far seen 2 seasons of this show but i love it. I am going to catch up with the rest of the show but i am getting the DVD's slowly. The idea for this show is very intresting - the sexual crimes devision. I think because it is such a shocking area is what makes this show work. I mean this show deals with some really shocking stories and rapes and it really makes you think about the real devisions out there who have to deal with this stuff. Now that SVU is on its 9th season i hope it can continue to develop and entertain. This show is great and it is recomended to anyone who likes Law and Order. And thr Benson/Stapler relationship is always something to watch.
  • Reminds me of the old Law and Order..

I recently Began watch Law and Order: SVU, and I got hooked. I love the show, it reminds me of the old Law and Order, and CSI put together. I mean How else can i describe this show!? Its awsome. Although I never really watched all the seasons of Law and Order, I still think that these two are much alike. It seems that in every episode theres a Sexual-Based Crime. To me, even though I feel like its getting old, I now see that not all the episodes are like that. While it does, fill-up a Hour Episode, they sometimes leave it on a Cliff-Hanger they leave you wanting to see more..like a James Patterson Book.. I really Like this show, it has Crime Solving, Action, Sex-Based Crimes..Theres really no way I can rate this show, but have a 10.10!
  • This show rock's and is great detail's in it's lenght and depth of it's story-line and everything else too.

I like L&O SVU alot,I like watching and enjoying it every time.It has alot of intresting thing's to it that keep you wanted to watch more of it every time.I also like how the invesgation's roll out and how they find the fact's and bring the crimanal's to justice.It has alot of action in it as well,like when there's a fire-fight or chasing the crimanal's and suspect's.I really like it alot,i like the other L&O too,but I still like this one as well.it will be one of my favoriate's forever.it rock's and i will continue to support and keep on watching this show.
  • very interesting

law and order is a really great show. me and my sister watch it all the time especially SVU. its always interesting to know whats going to happen or who did it. Some of the episodes are really sad and some of them are just really crazy and disgusting but to me they kind of show whats really happening in the world today, its just like more scripted and less violent, showing how like the world can be very cruel and you can learn many different things from watching this show whether its criminal intent, or SVU or just regular law and order. i usually learn something everytime i watch it and it could probably help me and save my life if i had ever needed it. GREAT SHOW!
  • I love LAW AND ORDER SVU it's my life¢¾¢¾ & I am a huge E/O shipper¢¾

I¢¨úL&O:SVU
    it's the best show ever! I am really obcessed my life really does revolve around SVU¢¨ú so does my school work I tell the teacher my tuesday nights are off from homework I told them so many times they don't even bother giving me it cause they know I don't do it! I am also a huge E/O shipper¢¨ú Partners4life, Lovers4ever!¢¨ú¢¨ú
    (they will get together at least by the end for the series finale wouldn't that be a great finale going out with a bang!¢¨ú Mariska Hargitay & Christopher Meloni are my idols and inspirations thats why I want to be an actress one day and hopefully star in one of their episodes¢¨ú¢¨ú
  • Great Show about special victims unit for sex crimes; the characters are fantastic and all the actors do a great acting job.

Best show as far a crime shows on TV for me. It is always interesting and new story lines keep helping me to watch weekly. I really love this show; my 21 yr old likes to watch it with me when she is home. I record it whenever I can't be available to watch it; it is one of those shows I never want to miss and I love the reruns on other channels. It is the best to me of all the law and order series shows,I hope it will not get taken off due to the writers strike. the best of them all
  • Yeah i know but hey this is what you would call one of the oldest time where i have fun watching this show as best i can with out my brother trying to change the channel on me when i'm watching Law and Order:SVU in the living room when he's not in there..

It's like watching CSI but with out the all the figureing out that's why i watch this show as best as i can when my baby brother is not in the same room as i am in and with out changing the channel on me as well so yeah it's hard to watch it when he wants to change it but seeing that the fact of the matter is that he has a tv in his room, one down staires in the basement and one in our parents room the living room is where i watch all of the Law and orders and CSI'S everyday
  • Law and Order kicked up to sexually based crimes and such.

Law and Order has been on how long? And they seem to keep rehashing the same stories. SVU however goes in a different direction. These are tales of the taboo. Detectives Stabler (Chris Meloni of "Oz" fame) and Benson (Mariska Hargitay (daughter of Jayne Mansfield) are the main characters. Both are complex, he has a rough marriage, she has a rough background. They chase the pedophiles and rapists and other degenerates of NYC with the help of Detectives Fin (Ice-T, who my mom loved, too funny if you knew my Mom) and Munch (Richard Belzer) straight from "Homicide:Life In The Street are the two other detectives helping. Additionaly there is Captain Cragen and the ME (played by Tamara Tunie)and the ADA and the psych expert played by BD Wong (also from "oz"). While the plts center around the lives of Benson and Stabler it is an ensemble show. Each having some sort of niche. A plus is for the show is that we do get to look into the psyche's of all the characters, not just the criminals they hunt. The best part is the twists and turns that the show takes and guess what, sometimes the bad guys get off. Just like in real life.
  • The emotions of the main characters is the major advantage of this show. It is a show well worth watching!

Following a squad of detectives in New York might sound rather uninteresting and not very original, but I can assure you this is no ordinary detective-show. The issues it is dealing with are much harder and more serious than most other shows, and it is what brings an extra layer to this show.
    The painful cases, the desperate life situations really touch something inside of all of us, but personally I find that what makes this show particularly great is the emotions the main characters show when dealing with cases.
    They are all different and they all react differently. But they have in common that they all care. You don't have to like detective series to like this show, but I guess you have to be able to deal with tough issues, because this show sure does.
  • SVU is one of the greatest shows of all time.

I have been following this series since it started. Every episode keeps you guessing and gets you into the plot. You start to feel sorry for the victims. You even start to hate the perps. The actors work very well together. Every episode is unique and fast paced and exhillerating. I think that they are doing a very good job but they always have room for improvment. It is about time for them to make a full length movie. They have the potential to make one very fine motion picture. All in all I would have to say this is one of my personal favorites.
  • Detectives Benson and Stabler work hard each day to solve rough and tough sex crimes.

I LOVE THIS SHOW. It's amazing in everyway. I don't think there is one episode that i've seen that I have even began to hate. This show has so many levels of excitement. It's a personal fave. I love each character. They are all unique and fun characters. I love the cases we get to see each episode. There is always some crazy unique interesting twist plot to it. There has been eight going on nine great seasons of this show. And I want it to continue to grow and get better for as long as it's still going to be on.
  • Simply amazing show, my all time personal favorite. Great acting, terrific story lines, and just a great show in general.

This show is so amazing in so many aspects. Not only is it thoughtful and entertaining, it educates us on things like rape, child molestation, and a lot of bad things that most other TV shows refuse to touch on. The actors are simply amazing. Mariska Hargitay is my all time favorite actress and my idol hands down no comparison (not to bad on the looks either). Chris Meloni is a very talented actor who is sadly over looked in a lot of awards. Plus not only does this show have an amazing cast, the drama in the show is so put together. A majority of crime shows have two single main characters who get it on on the pilot. Not this show, the fans have had to watch for, going on nine years now, the personal drams between Olivia Benson and Elliot Stabler as there relationship grew more complicated as time went on, and the oh so FAQ, will they finally get together this season? Plus, we deal with numbers of personal problems as well as the growing sexual tension between the two leads. Olivia, a child of rape, empathizes with every victim, sometimes realizing that things always not be what they seem. Elliot who is a father of 4 (supposedly 5, we'll find out later in the season if that's true or not)and married, then divorced, then had a one night stand with, then got back together with his girlfriend/ex wife Kathy, who always sees his family as the victims, which causes him to be known as 'unstable Stabler' in some cases. This man has more lives then a cat, He's gotten beat up, shot, blown up, stabbed, had two ribs broken, and managed to walk away every time.
    Along with a great supporting cast and a wonderful lead cast, this is a wonderful show who I encourage you all to watch. It is the best out of all of the L and O brands, and has the most personal story lines. Terrific show, 10/10, and another good thing about this show, the fans will always have something to argue about (EO shipper all the way!!) b
  • My all time favorite show, hands down!

• So decent and so delicious!

Law and Order the original is still my favorite, but SVU ranks second, simply because they get to say penis and anal with reckless abandon. For some reason the characters in SVU are more likable than their CI counterparts. Although SVU is yet another installment of mostly "Law" and little "Order" I forgive them because the producers have packed SVU with action! Thats right not every episode has it, but chasing down bad guys, gunfights, saving people, and dramatic depend-on-your-partner life saving all goes on in SVU, Over all I love pretty much everything that L&O comes out with, and SVU is not the exception.
  • This is the show that captures all the emotions a human being can have. Very moving and keeps you on the edge of your seat.

Law and Order SVU is the best show that I have seen in a looooong time. Chris Meloni, besides being really hot is an amazing partner with Mariska Hargitay. My first show that I ever watched from this series was Informed, and from that episode on I can't stop watching! Mariska Hargitay is my role model she is also an great inspiration to people all over the world. But one suggestion would be to bring Alex Cabot back for at least another episode! I think I have covered my point very clearly... it is the best TV show on right now!
  • My favorite show!

Let me start by saying that I love this show... I was first introduced to the Law and Order franchise when I was about 10 years old. I like the other two, but SVU is by far my favorite. I mean, this show dares to deal with cases other shows don't and it does it in a very clever way. I also think it's very educational.
    I just love the whole cast, they are another reason why I watch this show. They have great chemestry, specially Chris and Mariska.
    I think it keeps getting better every season. This is (IMO) a show definitely worth watching!!
  • This is one of the great shows that has stood the test of time. My favorite SVU episodes are Execution (Season 3), Charisma (Season 6), and Night (Season 6).

This is one of my favorite shows on television. I relate to many of the stories in this series on a very personal level, and am also compelled by the characters. Every episode of Law and Order Special Victims Unit is compelling viewing, but there are times when this show is truly special. For instance, in Execution, the tv show turns into a film - in the tradition of psychological thrillers such as Silence of the Lambs. A glimpse into the mind of a serial killer is both truly unnerving and fascinating. Add to the mix the grave personal danger that the characters Stabler and Huang get themselves into, and this makes an 'edge of your seat' kind of experience. No matter how many times I see my favorite episodes of SVU, it is no less compelling. That is the mark of a great show.
  • this is one of the best shows ever aired and it does not recieve as much attention as it should, not only does it address real life issues, it shows all the different types of violence and abuse, i believe its very educational, and it will make you think!

okay so this is the best show ever made,its educational, emotional and informative, it does make a difference to peoples lives and it has highlighted the important issues of child abuse and rape.
    it has opened my eyes to things i never even thought could happen, and emotions that people go through, it really makes you think about life and how lucky we are to have what we have! even thought the people are acting it does inform the audience of all the horrible things that people have to endure and go through, the violations and horrific acts that are commited by people we live with. this show exposes what previous shows have been too scared to approach, the cast and the crew are doing an amazing job of projecting these issues sensitivly!
    i know there are a lot of victims out there who have said that this show has affected them in more ways than anyone can ever imagine,and i do believe it is true. talking about rape and child abuse is very difficult but before this show it was more or less considered taboo, it is good to see that svu is uncoveing these issues!
    for all the people who think this show is a waste of time and effort, it has been known that several people have reported abuse after watching svu because it has given them strength and courage!
    so to wrap up its an amazing show with lots more still to come and it needs more publicity espesially in other countries!
    THANX