Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

Runaway

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Mar 02, 2001 on NBC

• When the teenage daughter of a police officer runs away, SVU sets out to find her, no matter what the cost.

The first time I watched this episode, I found it tough to get into. But when I watched it again, I realized what a great episode it really was. First of all, I love how it showcases each cast member. The plot was also well done and unpredictable - it kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time. There are so many great moments and quotes from this episode. I love the part where Munch and Fin are undercover and the lawyer asks who Munch is and Fin says, "That's my Jew." I also love when Tido asks where the "black chick" is and calls Olivia a "mall queen." I love the look on her face when Elliot says, "I can keep a secret if the mall queen can." I also love it when Alex is being interviewed - the GENUIS ice queen! "What would you say was Captain Cragen's state of mind at that point?"

"I would never speculate about another person's state of mind. Ask him yourself."

Along with "Legacy," "Closure," and "Coundown," I think this is one of the best episodes of season two.