Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

Russian Love Poem

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Jan 21, 2000 on NBC

• Russian Whores chasing the dream. Yeah, right.

When a married multi-millionaire, living a double-life as a bisexual, is found dead with a banana in his ass, Benson and Stabler check on a long list of lovers which includes men and women. They found out that he spent his money on Russian whores. One woman slept with a connected guy to quit her spa job to be a singer. They question the singer named Sonia, who denied killing him. But then, Munch and his partner Cassidy found Sonia and a relative dead at a Brighton Beach home after a distress call. One boyfriend confesses to the murder, but there's no evidence. The squad get in touch with her friend, Katya.

It shows she doesn't care about the case, but money and sex is her key to survival ( Whore). Then, the boyfriend confessed with a poem killing him because of betrayal while playing Russian Roulette. In the end, he kills himself.

It was funny when Benson said, "If there's a reason your husband was sodomized by a banana?" Munch speaking Russian was alright. And a drunk Russian resident? Russian women sleeping with men for money and the so-called American dream? Yeah, right.
  • They could have done a lot better.

I will say this in defense of this episode, it could have been a lot worse. The upside was that I got to see Munch speaking Russian, Elliot being hit on by a Russian prostitute, and a lot of drunk people making fools of themselves. The downside was that I just didn't care. The murdered man was basically a shmuck who was a sex addict and cheated on his wife at every opportunity. Most of the wrong turns the detectives took were boring and so obviously wrong that I was yelling at the T.V. Toward the end I even wondered why I was watching it. Luckily a scene between Olivia and a main suspect came on and saved the day. This was not a must see, but see it if you must.
  • this was a good ep

in this ep of the show law and order svu they are called to the scene when a mother and a dauter find out that her husband was killed he was tied to the chair strangled and he had a banna in his reer . and so they are called to the scene and they discover that he was seeing to many men and girls sleeping with both kinds and so he was sleeping with this one kind a russian whore who was also seening another man that was in love with her and so he killed people and he was the one that killd the guy and at the end he tells the story and he shoots himself by playing russian rullet. this was a good ep
  • Law and Order Special Victims Unit!

When Andrew Harlin is found dead, Detectives Benson and Stabler must find his killer. This episode is very interesting. With each new scene, a new perp is suspected of the crime. It keeps you interested to the end when they finally reveal who killed Andrew Harlin. This is a good episode, one that I do not get sick of watching over and over again.
  • In this episode a man is found tied and chained up with a banana in his reer. His wife acted as if she knew it was comming and the daughter loved him extremely. The wife doesn't seem so upset but the daughter is extemely upset.

7.9
    Honestly this wasn\'t one of Wolf\'s best and I didn\'t really like it. This Of course is just my opinion. I watched it but I think it was sort of like you knew what was going to happen next before it was 15 minutes through. There wasn\'t that many plot turns and twists and it seemed to drag. It was good but not my favorite.
    --Danielle-Renee