Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

Savior

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Mar 03, 2010 on NBC

7.8
  • I'm extremely mixed about this episode. On one hand, Mischa Barton did a fantastic job ...

I'm extremely mixed about this episode. On one hand, Mischa Barton did a fantastic job ... I don't think she's a terrific actress, but I loved her in this. She fit the role perfectly. And on the other, SVU and it's religiousness is getting a bit much. It's always sort of focussed on Catholicism, Elliot being Catholic is mentioned like 10 times every season .. yawn ...

Also, that weird prayer scene in the interview actually made me laugh, and I had to change the channel because I was embarrassed to watch it. That was like an inside joke with people on the show, I guess since it was Tergesen (spelling?) Chris's love interest from Oz. But it was a HUGE strike against this episode. It was just awful.

The crime&detective part was a bit lacking, again, but I do like it when the focus on the characters. I thought it was interesting how Olivia is left with the baby, which she's always wanted. I don't really think they'll do much with this, they don't usually connect episodes together - as in, you could pull any few out, and it wouldn't make a whole lot of difference in the characters lives - but it could be interesting to see what happens with the baby.
MNT