Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

Signature

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Jan 08, 2008 on NBC

• Painful from Beginning to End

1.5
    And not in the way the writers were hoping for. Law and Order: SVU is a show that rarely disappoints. I have only seen one other episode that I hate as much as this one. The premise of this episode sounds interesting at first: trying to catch a Serial Killer who tortures women. Unfortunately, the acting becomes cheesy. FBI Agent Cooper, whose mentor tracked the serial killers, joins Olivia. The character is insufferable though and while I think we were suppose to feel bad for her...the writers do not convey this. Agent Cooper is selfish and quite annoying, not to mention the actress does nothing to help the character come along. Her acting is flat and emotionless, even in the most emotional parts.

As for the storyline itself, it was quite disturbing and SVU made it more disturbing with images and such. It was SVU trying to show heinous crimes and I was quite disturbed. But soon, even the torture became cheesy and excessive and it felt blah.

The ending was supposed to be a twist but it was fairly predictable. The ending was just terrible and I didn't feel anything for Cooper. As for Olivia's reaction, it was so cheesy. This episode was too dramatic and it was trying to be super disturbing and super emotional like Saw meets daytime soap operas. Needless to say, I did not like it at all.
Sin