Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

Sophomore Jinx

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Oct 25, 1999 on NBC

• A very good episode.

I thought this was a very good episode, but the writers can do better. I found myself for the first time not really caring too much about the victim. Not enough of an emotional attachment was made between her and the viewers. Instead she was portrayed as a drunk, a lousy student, and a bit of a slut. What I really enjoyed though, were the brilliant lines given to Munch, Elliot, and Olivia. The three of them have some hilarious exchanges with each other and a few of the suspects. Probably the best one was between Olivia and Elliot. Elliot, pointing the memorial for the victim put up at the place her body was found, says to Olivia, "If I go down on the spot I die, you better make sure this never happens to it or I'll haunt you the rest of your days." My other favorite moment was when a suspect refused to give a sample of sperm, Elliot said, "What's the matter, you have a fight with your right hand?" You should hear Munch chuckle after that one. All in all a very decent and humorous episode.