Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

Trials

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Sep 23, 2008 on NBC

• We have a new ADA

In this episode of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, the following happens. We are introduced to a new ADA. We deal with a 7 year old who stole a van; because he said he had to escape because his foster parents were abusing him. When Olivia and Elliott go to interview him, they find him hiding under the bed in the hospital. When the foster parents are called in, they claim that they have never done anything to the child. We soon learn that the father wants to adopt Christopher but the mother wants to give him back, as he has too many problems. We soon learn from the boy that he was taken to a hotel by his mother and being told to take off all of his clothes and then his mother is given money. We learn that Finn requested a transfer over 3 months ago and is still waiting for it to come through. They go to the hotel, where they learn that clinical trials are being run out of the hotel. We learn that is part of a trail. We soon learn that the foster father knew nothing about the trail. He realised back into the custody of his foster parents, but not before Olivia hands him her card. We learn that the mother birth mother was a rape victim and Olivia worked the case. She goes to visit the victim and asks her why she gave up her son. We soon learn that Christopher was there when his mother was raped. It matches a pattern rapist. The team are soon led to believe that the rapist is actually Christopher's foster father. He claims he is innocent and so they do a voice test stand up, to see if any of the victims can recognize his voice. Out of the three victims only one of them picks the rapist, Noah. The team try to track down the fourth victim. When his birth mother realises that her son is being raised by her rapist, she declares that she wants him back. We soon learn that the people who have stolen Elliott's credit card was his daughter, Kathleen. He flips when he finds out. Olivia learns that the 4th victim killed herself last year. When the DNA from Noah is run, they learn that it was in fact him he raped his wife before they go together. She didn't even know it was him. She married her own rapist. At the end of the episode we see Olivia with a therapist, talking about when she went undercover and was almost raped. She admits that she's jumpy and she can't sleep.