Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

Zebras

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Jun 02, 2009 on NBC

• So... the killer was 'Not-Gay Chet' from the Real World?

I thought the cold-opening where man falls into bush and discovers dead body was going to be the worst part of this episode- man was I wrong. There are so many plot holes and over-the-top characters... and absolutely no subtlety at all. Sometimes I can be critical of CSI, which prides itself on having its detectives deal with lots of personal drama while hunting an inordinate amount of themed serial killers (serial killing is all the rage now, I guess).

But 'Zebras'... A memorable season finale doesn't mean taking every unlikely plot device- booby traps, a traitor, bad guy with seemingly unending abilities, resources, and opportunity- and cramming it into an hour- for what?! a message about bullying? Olivia's tricking 'dale' at the end of the episode was both strange, awkward, and unconvincing... the worst part of it was that they killed the lab technician who was one of the better actors. Now here's a thought- why didn't they make us think it was dale and then have it turn out to be the lab technician who could have an interesting motive! (that would have been surprising) and he could kill dale too! everybody wins.
AFNPAC