Law & Order

Agony

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Nov 04, 1998 on NBC

• Law and Order at it's best.

I know a lot of people will agree with me when I say that Angie Harmon really did play possibly the best ADA in Law and Order's nineteen year history. And this episode perfectly demonstrates that. After a postman is murdered and a woman is brutally tortured in her apartment, Briscoe and Curtis initially suspect her abusive ex-husband. But after a similar woman's experience comes to light, the investigation turns to a possible serial killer. For me, the Law half of this episode was superb. We had ADA Carmichael visably disgusted by the killer, in such a way she was willing to break the law to keep him behind bars. Once again, Jack and Abbie fought over which was the best path to follow, which eventually led to a great scene with Carmichael using an appropriate amount of aggressiveness to trick the perpetrator into confessing to one of his many murders. She used his attraction to her and his hatred for strong women in such a way that he would rather spend the rest of his life in prison than be beaten by a woman. In the end the original crime itself seemed almost like fate as had it not happened, the police would never have been led to the serial killer, and ended his 5+ year long killing spree. Great episode, with a great debate between our ADA's. And with us as viewers egging Abbie on to get justice in some form for the victims involved.
WGNA