Law & Order

Boy Gone Astray

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Nov 06, 2009 on NBC

• A brilliant, unflinching look at the Mexican cartels.

This has to be one of the best episodes Law and Order has ever done. The plot was brilliant. An intriguing, unexpected look into the horrors of the Mexican cartel. The acting was superb. Despite what another review says, even the children. No they weren't perfect, but in particular Mario Quinonez Jr. playing Rafa was great. The ending, although bound to not be liked or understood by everyone, was pure Law and Order genius. What this show gets that so few others do is that you don't have to completely rap up all of the loose straws. We knew/know what is going to happen next. And the way it ended, with the shot of Rafa totally closed up playing ball, was beyond powerful. Okay, so they haven't followed up on the storyline especially Connie's bit, but there really wasn't a need to. You knew they weren't going to kill her off, so why go any further? Basically she'll have to have protection every where she goes for a while. Okay, we got that. There's nothing to see there. I don't see what the big deal is.

Overall I am very impressed with NBC. They mustered a lot of guts throwing in plot lines like a very pro-medical marijuana plot line with Anita. A great episode, highly recommendable.
WGNAMER