Law & Order

Executioner

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Feb 20, 2008 on NBC

• Very disappointing episode.

5.5
    I usually enjoy this series. However, this episode was just terrible. I was initially interested in the con man extortion story line. Unfortuately, the writers seemed to forget what they were writing about and just started telling a whole other story. AND not a good one! It was just completely unrealistic. Some guy murders your family and you go to attend his execution. The execution goes wrong and the man who murdered your family ends up brain damaged and convulsing in pain. Now it would seem to me that if you were looking for revenge against the animal who murdered your family, isn't this the best revenge. Instead of being dead, the guy will linger for years as a shell of a man and possibly in pain. It would seem to me that someone bent on revenge would want to thank the person responsible for this outcome. But NO - instead the writers want us to believe that a crime victim who has experienced the terrible loss of loved ones through murder would willingly hunt down the executioner and violently beat him to death with a bottle. Seriously??? It just didn't work for me and I expect more from this show.
WE